Search results

1. daniel_owen_uk

Low braking power and Hissing from pedal

What does a leaky servo cost? Is it a servo replacement? Hose replacement? Or is it impossible to tell? I read that there was a way to test if it was the servo by depressing pedal, then starting engine?
  2. daniel_owen_uk

Low braking power and Hissing from pedal

Getting my car back on the road, HOORAY!!!! :D Been without it for about 2 years. Had it serviced over at JBS and need a couple of new tyres and an MOT before it gets back on the road. It has new discs and pads (that obviously need a bit of clean up), the problem is there isn't a lot of...
  3. daniel_owen_uk

Brake Problem

No pipes opened, checked level on brake fluid, but never changed it myself. With engine of it's much stiffer, but will go to the floor. What will a brake bleed cost at seat? I think I know someone with a power bleed system, but not sure if it's worth doing it myself.
  4. daniel_owen_uk

Brake Problem

Ok got a bit of a problem, me and the old man just fitted new pads and discs all round on my leon cupra (2002). When I press pedal it's very spongy goes to the floor and braking performance is very poor. Now I think it might need bleeding, but just looking for a bit of reassurance.
  5. daniel_owen_uk

Ive found a cupra! wahooooooooo!

Didn't you think about this before looking for a specific cupra? Sorry if I sound harsh but that just sounds daft to me. When you want a new car you would surely first look to find what you like, then see if you could insure it, then see if you could afford to run it, then buy it. In...
  6. daniel_owen_uk

Locked Keys in Boot

Fixed under warranty boot switch was broke. All works exactly how it should now. Opening the boot cancels the relocking of the car.
  7. daniel_owen_uk

Rear Heated Windscreen & Mirrors

Fixed by seat, was a loose cable.
  8. daniel_owen_uk

Hello .. My Recent Pics the Ibiza

Be a nice motor once colour coding is done, loving the mudflaps :)
  9. daniel_owen_uk

Psot count??

Probably purged all the spam :D
  10. daniel_owen_uk

Meter says fuse is fine.
  11. daniel_owen_uk

I'll get a meter out on it later.
  12. daniel_owen_uk

Driving to work this morning neither would clear. Checked fuse at dinner, looks ok. Anything else to check before I phone the warranty people.
  13. daniel_owen_uk

WARNING: Halfords 'Ready to use' screenwash

Ahh the old meant to say :P Fairy snuff mate.
  14. daniel_owen_uk

WARNING: Halfords 'Ready to use' screenwash

Say what? Polishing provides protection does it!
  15. daniel_owen_uk

Check out this supa dupa amazing leon type thing!

You know the boot is open right? LOL
  16. daniel_owen_uk

Stolen Car

I would but my missus complains when I bring other women to bed :)
  17. daniel_owen_uk

Stolen Car

Know too many people this has been done to, I take my keys up to the bedroom when I sleep.
  18. daniel_owen_uk

personally what turbo would you go...

Depends on funds, as K04 = new manifold.
  19. daniel_owen_uk

Locked Keys in Boot

Yup, that's exactly the scenario. I will check the boot light. But I do have a warranty, although think it will mean dealing with bloody autoworld chesterfield again :(
  20. daniel_owen_uk

Locked Keys in Boot

Now I don't think this should be possible, but here's what's happening. When I unlock the car and don't get in, the car locks after a set period. (good) When I unlock the car and open the drivers door, the car won't lock itself at all. (good) When I unlock the car and open the boot...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.