Search results

1. ChrisBowe82

Quick Beezer4 MOT question

well. SEAT replaced my lower arm bush under warrenty on the car's last day of having a warrenty and kindly valeted my car inside and out so big shout to David Cook SEAT in Chadderton :-) at least that's that for a year now. Just got to put a ticket on it at the retest tomorrow now. Cheers for...
  2. ChrisBowe82

I really hope they do recognise them as being a bit duff now and do it under warrenty, like you say. I hope they don't just put it down to wear though with it being a rubber part. Gonna drop it with SEAT before work tomorrow and leave it with them... cheers
  3. ChrisBowe82

Right. it failed on the tyre as expected but unfortunately my nsf lower arm bush is gone. Will this be warrenty? I only have until tuesday left on the MOT as well and can't get time off work to get this all done. bad times :-( from what I've read i probably could do the repair myself but don't...
  4. ChrisBowe82

Ok thanks for that. hopefully will get through then without me having to take half the boot panels off! No the tracking aint a fail, it's the 1mm of tread on the outside of the tyre I'm worried about, but that should be sorted by Saturday.
  5. ChrisBowe82

Got my 1st MOT this weekend but my rear washer jet isn't working. I've not had time to start pulling bits apart to see if it's disconnected itself. Just wanted to know if that item is an MOT failure? Oh and my tracking is well out. Replaced both front tyres same time (about 3 months ago) and...
  6. ChrisBowe82

mk4 fr upgrades

Just a quick word to anyone planning on changing their front FR bumper to the cupra one; The cupra bumpers have their foglights on a solid panel and were designed to go with the Cupra's front intercooler, wheras the FR has a sidemounted intercooler (Fr bumper is designed for this, as there is...
  7. ChrisBowe82

want to buy a 20vt fr

Where abouts are ya, truss, not many black 20vt FR's round here...
  8. ChrisBowe82

Abbreviations

Every Component On This Engine's Crap or 'ECOTEC' Fast Only Rolling Downhill BUFF -Big ugly fat f*****
  9. ChrisBowe82

Sat in new Ibiza in uk dealer

Took my mk4 in for a service at David Cooke, Chadderton today and saw a mk5 in orange being prepped there. Looked quite cool actually, reminded me of the new focus in a way- must have been the colour. Have to say- not keen on the rear window triangle thingies though :(
  10. ChrisBowe82

Blue Lights

I used to sell those halfords 'blue' lights when i worked there. They won't show up blue, just make your light a bit crisper and whiter. Having any hint of blue in your headlights/or any blue lights on the front of your car is illegal (obviously apart from HID/Projector style) If you do...
  11. ChrisBowe82

1st service -Mk4 FR 1.8t - should I get it done?

True there guys. Forgot about it being stop/start motoring to work, so quite a bit of wear on the engine and stuff - will have to get it done next month. Will be taking mobil 1 as well I think as at vaux, they had castrol GTX from the pumps for services. Cheers for the advice, as always ;)
  12. ChrisBowe82

Thinking of Fitting an oil pressure gauge

The best way to do it is to buy a T piece from Demon tweaks, that way, the original fitting (for the pressure warning light/switch) can be retained and you can have the sender unit on the other part going to your guage. This was my 206 setup. Suppose you don't really need a switch for the...
  13. ChrisBowe82

£100 is £100 i haven't got at the mo, hence the problem. As for the mileage, (knowin me it's probs about 6k or sommet...) yeah I love driving it when I can, but to be honest, I live round the corner from work, so it only gets driven to the missus' or my mates houses. Tend to put my feet up on...
  14. ChrisBowe82

My petrol FR is about a year old now. Only done 4k though, but the service light and warning has come up with it being a year old and I've had a letter from SEAT asking me to take it in for £100 Now, What the service actually amounts to alongside a lot of 'checking' (i used to work in the...
  15. ChrisBowe82

Cobra Monaco S Competition Seat

I'd advise against making your own to be honest, as the seatbelt anchor points have to be attatched to the subframe, don't forget. So unless you're really confident...
  16. ChrisBowe82

Cobra Monaco S Competition Seat

well, you probably don't wanna hear this, but I had the Cobra Monaco 'S' seats in my 206 and they were awful, very uncomfotable, and not much latteral and shoulder support -oh yeah and embarrasingly split 3 pairs of work trousers if you fall rather than slide into them... got my subframes...
  17. ChrisBowe82

Changing rear brake pads guide

Can't see the pics because I'm at work, but I did the rear discs and pads on a 52 polo the other day, i think they're the same, so can confirm the guide is spot on! If anyone has some good advice for taking the phillips retaining screw out of the disc I'd love to hear it. wouldnt move!! Had...
  18. ChrisBowe82

Rattle when i go over bumps

Hope you get this sorted, I have a plastic sounding rattle seems to be from behind the glovebox. Went out with a SEAT techie who heard the sound. Picked it up sat morn but prob still there, and was closing so couldn't be bothered taking it back in, but deffo not the roll bar/bushes mine, it's...
  19. ChrisBowe82

SEAT SportCoupé “Bocanegra”

Does anyone like the door mirrors though? They look like they've been nicked off the 207. Do they look this crap because of design and build/health and safety leglislation?
  20. ChrisBowe82

New cupra owners rear lights

Not sure about that, I had a clear fog lens on my 206 with a red bulb and it failed the MOT, as the red wasn't dark enough. Had to borrow my friends standard foglight to pass. Suppose it might be worth hanging onto the old red part for MOT time.