Search results

1. davebnly

Space saver

As above, the fact that your FR came with 18" Alloys from factory is irrelevant as they can also come with 17" from the factory and both have the same rolling radius. I had the same issue, car came with an inflation kit but i wanted to have a spare spacesaver. You need to buy the 18" one (as VAG...
  2. davebnly

Carista App

Not sure if its been mentioned already (haven't had time to read the whole thread) For Anyone with facelift 2017-> The auto handbrake was annoying at hill starts. On the normal setting it holds on too long and meant sometimes i would stall (not good). change the handbrake setting to release...
  3. davebnly

Think I've killed my turbo ?

Sometimes in hot weather it will spike at 28 psi and drop to 22-23, but in colder weather spike is 24-25 ish, dropping to 20-21 obviously I have no control over this, its how custom code set the map in the first place
  4. davebnly

yellow leon with blue wheels

yeh, get pics up then, we'll decide
  5. davebnly

think of what?
  6. davebnly

ChavTastic!
  7. davebnly

You know these engines can't do that don't you? all the sensors around the engine prevent overfuelling if there is no boost or a boost leak. Yep thats just how mine went, also to confirm this checked the dipstick yeterday and oil was at the bottom of it so it has used atlease 1/2 litre just...
  8. davebnly

high revs when changing gear

u will get a substantially louder whistle under boost after fitting an uprated TIP, its normal as the air is now more free flowing
  9. davebnly

strange air leak sound when accelerating

chances are its just the whistle of the turbo, think the diesel turbos are more likely to fail eventually than the petrol ones from my experience working at skoda i'm sure they used to swap about 2 a week
  10. davebnly

honestly mate, listen to all the previous comment, yellow and blue look absolute pants together Consider buying wheels in antracite or black! which, i promise will look specacular!
  11. davebnly

Jacking point cover

had this issue with 2 of mine, 1 front, 1 rear ended up having to fit some self tappers into them to keep them on as no matter how many times i tried the bottom clips would not slot in. one came loose on the m'way before this and started swinging about at 80mph, not anymore! I would also...
  12. davebnly

car not boosting up...

has there actually been any change in the speed of the car? i noticed this during hot weather and at one point my hybrid actually hit 28psi in the summer, but i assumed this was to counter the hot weather and the air being less dense. normal is around 22-23psi on the hybrid turbo
  13. davebnly

After a long drive, well, 120miles round trip to take a friend to buy a really tidy old Fiesta XR2, i got back near home, 1st time i had planted the throttle and then there was kind of a pop (as if traction control was kicking in, although I always drive with it off). 20 secs later when i...
  14. davebnly

Front Coilover Suspension Failure

Just for information in case anyone else reads this, i managed to screw the cap back in with some loctite threadlocker on it and the suspension has been fine since.
  15. davebnly

running problems

As they are prone to fail my instinct would say your Maf is most likely. Wait until the problem happens again then unplug the connector from the MAF and see if it cures it. If nothing changes its obviously not the MAF thats faulty but if it runs ok once again when the connector is unplugged...
  16. davebnly

Just got off the phone to G-max and they have confirmed that you can tighten the cap up but it may keep coming out every 8months or there abouts. Hopefully some locktite will cure the problem. Better check the other side while i'm at it If anyone needs them G-Max does have a phone number...
  17. davebnly

Maybe but i cannot find the receipt for the so no good anyway nice thought tho
  18. davebnly

Just thought I'd better post this for anyone else that may be waiting on this happening or thinking of purchasing G-max suspension in the future. A Couple of days ago I started hearing a knocking noise from the front nearside or my Leon Cupra. There seemed to be a fair bit of play in the rear...
  19. davebnly

Wheel Spin in wet, 1st to 4th gear

Not used them myself yet but I have also heard good things about the Vredestein's. Apparently your best using them with which ever are your driven wheels and using something else say GY F1's or continentals for the other two.
  20. davebnly

Help required with overboost issue PLLLZZZZ! 01/07 New Map, things looking up?

After all that, is there actually anything wrong with the running of the car? or is it just the guage reading that is worrying you? not sure because its a while ago but when mine had stage one map i think it was spiking around 18/19psi and dropping off to 12/13. I would be tempted to say your...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise