Search results

1. Big_Lad

1.8T Cylinder Order

...just seeing clarification that that order of cyliners on the 1.8T engine is 1-4 from the left hand side of the engine, where the cam belt is? I need to replace a coilpack in cylinder 4 and have a brand new one already but am thinking of ordering another three and replacing all four in one...
  2. Big_Lad

*BREAKING* James Judd's Forged 1.9 Mk3 Ibiza HTA GT2868R Build *BREAKING*

Engine bay is looking pretty smart, I see you're finally getting there The coil pack cover is a nice touch...
  3. Big_Lad

Stealth Shelf

I see the reasoning behind making your own, but I bought mine about 5 years ago, all that was required was that I glue the cloth down myself, which was the option I chose at the time Still going strong!
  4. Big_Lad

Anyone know what this electrical connector is?

Couldn't perform a TB alignment as the 17967 fault code would not clear. Took it to the garage this morning and they've confirmed that the TB has gone. They tried to perform the alignment too, but couldn't get it to work. James. Thanks for the offer, but I'd already agreed to garage...
  5. Big_Lad

Hmm, so not something that will be causing the error, but something that needs sorting quickly. :think:
  6. Big_Lad

Ok, So over the last few days I've been having some issues with my Cupra. Did a VAG-COM scan and it came up with the following error: 17953 – Throttle valve controller: Malfunction P1545 – 35-00 - - Anyway after trawling through the threads on here, and taking into account advice...
  7. Big_Lad

Picking Up 3rd Ibiza Cupra Mk3 On Sat :D

No doubt I'll see you driving around Bedford... I'll keep an eye out for you :)
  8. Big_Lad

Cross Threaded hub

I don't suppose any knows what the torque setting should be for the hub nut?
  9. Big_Lad

Cross Threaded hub

It's a p/n that I got from the online catalogue that is available on VAGCat. Hopefully when I call my local VW garage tomorrow they'll be able to advise me if it's not.
  10. Big_Lad

Cross Threaded hub

As the title suggests, I have a thread on my NSF hub that has become slightly cross threaded. It did cross my mind to just by an M12 tap and try and gently re-thread it, but I thought I may as well just replace the whole item. So, as an amateur mechanic is it something I can do myself...
  11. Big_Lad

cupra

Wheels looks smart, did they clear the Brembo's without spacers? Looking for a set of MO's myself, but can't decide on MO5's or MO6's.
  12. Big_Lad

my gt30 ibiza cupra,rollcage,bride seats, part time track car new track wheels :)

Just think of them all as various pairs of socks, you wouldn't wear the same ones all the time. ;) Nice Mk3 too, I also like the MO's on your van too, they set it off well.
  13. Big_Lad

SEATCupra.net 10 years old

I remember when I first joined back in Jul 2001, I never realised the site was so new at the time and was tiny in comparison to what it is now. There are so many members and thousands who are still active. I plan on keeping my Ibiza for as long as financially viable so will definitely need...
  14. Big_Lad

my golf anniversary gti - 1.8t 0151

Just read the whole thread Jake. Very impressive especially with the amount you can do/have done yourself. Is it not completely impractical to drive though, being that low, what with many roads have speed bumps / traffic calming measures, along with the number of potholes on today's roads too?
  15. Big_Lad

Ibiza mk4 from Bedford

Welcome to SCN. I spend 90% of my time over in Bedford, as that's where family and friends live. May see you around.
  16. Big_Lad

Standard K03 running a stage 1 map from Jabba sport. Don't have the funds to do anything yet as i'm looking to move, so i'm juggling finances while trying to keep myself from selling it. Ask me again in 12 months.. :lol:
  17. Big_Lad

Some serious mods going on here, I guess I can hold onto the "King of the Mk3 Ibiza Cupra in St Neots" crown for a little longer? ;)
  18. Big_Lad

Wishbones

All I was hoping to replace where the bushes and wishbones, is there anything else I should take into consideration while I'm doing it? Where did you source the Powerflex bushes from? Ta
  19. Big_Lad

Wishbones

I picked up an advisory notice after my car passed it's MOT last week and it stated the following: Nearside front (wishbone rear); Bonded suspension unit deteriorated but can function as intended. Offside front (wishbone rear); Bonded suspension unit deteriorated but can function as...
  20. Big_Lad

If you're referring to my signature, then no, I did have Superleggera's but changed them about 18 months ago, so I could refurbish them. Anyway I don't want to clog your build thread...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.