Search results

1. markthommo_84

Cruise Control DIY

Have sent you photos of the diagrams we used when doing mine in 2008. (Polo diagram) hopefully you can read them. If not I can scan them and send again but it'll be a couple of days as I'm busy! Mark
  2. markthommo_84

boc led number plate bulbs

just came across this thread whilst searching LEDs - i've had LED numberplate lights, LED interior Light, and LED front side lights for about a year now... All look the dogs balls - especially the number plate lights shining down across my pressed metal plates! I'm now looking into LED H7...
  3. markthommo_84

Retrofit cruise control

if you don't have the trip computer now, the stalk won't give you it. you'll just have two dead buttons on the new stalk. Cruise control - you will also need to check if you have the correct module under the footwell with the connections - not just the new stalk... there doesnt seem to be...
  4. markthommo_84

Ebay....

yeah as people have said they're absoute crap. £25 is about £24 too expensive:D my dad bought one for his Bora a few years back, for a tenner. had it in a week, apparently made a little difference to torque, but caused error codes and lots of black smoke. fooled the computer into thinking...
  5. markthommo_84

Mpg- What are you getting?

if you dont have a computer on your car work it out yourself. its more accurate anyway. miles over litres times by 4.54 gives you mpg eg 440 miles divided by 40 litres, gives 50mpg near enough. just fill your tank to the point the pump clicks off next time you fill. and the time after do...
  6. markthommo_84

mk4 rear wiper upgrade

polo wiper is one of the best simple upgrades you can do imo. mine was 17 quid. looks smart, wipes perfect every time.
  7. markthommo_84

Decision made!

i get 50mpg every single day on my 30 mile drive to and from work, thats with a fairly normal to fairly spirited driving style. mostly dual carriage way but with lots of roundabouts and i always find the need to accelerate with full potential after leaving each one! if i drive it lightly...
  8. markthommo_84

Decision made!

not exactly easy.. consists of removing steering wheel and airbag, replacing indicator/wiper stalks, making a wiring loom to connect to stalk, wiring the loom in and hiding the wires safely out of the way of the steering, enabling in ECU and yes definately. cant claim it will improve...
  9. markthommo_84

mk4 rear wiper upgrade

Welcome jcskinny. previous post was only 2 weeks ago, its not that old a thread :) facelift wiper is just as bad at wiping as the standard one, theyre crap! if you want a decent wiper get the polo one, i'm well impressed with mine. if you are more bothered about looks of the back of the...
  10. markthommo_84

Decision made!

congrats on the car, nice choice ;) 2 on the drive wont look odd, we have 3!! lol. isnt it emocion red? emoticons are little face icons. :P Flip key's a nice mod, though i havent done it. Personally i reckon getting cruise control is the best mod ive done, not that my list is huge.
  11. markthommo_84

Flip key?

it'll unlock it, but it wont start it. suppose its a bit of trouble to go to your house unlock your car, set the alarm off and then what? steal your stereo? they could just smash a window of an ibiza nearer to them! as for the house scenario, surely they'd come to your house, change the...
  12. markthommo_84

Flip key?

thats what i thought. although theyd need the chip to start the car.
  13. markthommo_84

Flip key?

dont think i'd be too keen on that!
  14. markthommo_84

How accurate is your trip computer's MPG?

I worked mine out a few tanks ago. I always reset the [2] bit when i fill up, i did 440 miles before refilling again, and it took 40 litres to fill, which i work out to be 49.94 mpg, the trip computer said 50.0 I can live with that! i have read most of the diesels over estimate. i think it...
  15. markthommo_84

09 Ibiza 1.9 TDI ???

what's the mirrored exeo for? :confused: :happy:
  16. markthommo_84

Finding touch up paint

got a touch up stick for mine a couple of weeks ago from the dealer. i know its not blue, but it was under 4 quid. i just told the guy my number plate and he went out back and got me one there and then. they had to order me one in for my yellow beeza though
  17. markthommo_84

Fan speed changes with wipers

its meant to do that though! to prevent bringing in exhaust fumes.
  18. markthommo_84

costant dim high level brake light

ah, well you didnt say the main brake lights weren't working! else i'd have suggested checking the bulbs, you just said the hi-level one was on permanently but worked with the pedal press. solved anyway :)
  19. markthommo_84

ecom button

surely the word ECON gave it away as the most ECONomical? lol
  20. markthommo_84

costant dim high level brake light

sounds like it might be getting a feed from somewhere, maybe an earth. my friend changed some halogen spot bulbs in his house to LED bulbs and they came on permanently dim and came on properly with the switch like you say for your brake light. turns out there was a wiring error in the...