Search results

1. Oil problems again

No indeed, but please, for the love of pete, don't drive it around like a grandad. :D
  2. Oil problems again

Mine went into the garage this morning. I have a 60 plate with nearly 6K on the clock now, first reg was 30/12/2010. I'm the 2nd owner. I bought it with 3230 on the clock and I've put in 5L since then...
  3. Boc insurance...

Not the same cars - but for info: - Fabia vRS Estate - £332 with Admiral 28, 5 years NCB, 8 year license.
  4. Oil problems again

Hi all I have a Skoda Fabia vRS 1.4TSI that's using excessive amounts of oil. I bought the car with 3200 on the clock. Now has 5800 miles on her, and I've put a whole 5L container of 502.00 spec oil into the engine, so we're talking 1 litre of oil per 500 miles... RAC have seen it and said no...
  5. Back to Ibiza FR ownership

Well I've got the car. Impressed so far as before, though this car seems to make like a police siren type noise about 1500rpm. However, having searched around here, it is quite common apparently! (Never happened on my first FR) I am very impressed with the fuel economy - easily returning 50+...
  6. Back to Ibiza FR ownership

I'm good at doing that - this is car number 7 in 8 years of driving....... I already know what Car #8 will be as well, but that's for 2/3 years time :)
  7. Back to Ibiza FR ownership

UPDATE: - Getting car today, just had confirmation that car has had 4yr service + cambelt, and I'll get a nice cheque for £8585 to go with it. Happy days!
  8. Awaiting Delivery of 2011MY Leon FR CR TDI

CR engines + DPF's are fine - no problem. I've had my vRS for a year (Although she is going today) and done 13K, never once seen the DPF light. Just remember not to baby the car about, get out there and get driving the bugger.
  9. Cambelt Change 1.9 TDI FR PD ENGINE

Yes, to my surprise the garage said that they will do the full 4 year service, no extra charge. Looking forward to getting it.
  10. Cambelt Change 1.9 TDI FR PD ENGINE

60k/4 years. Mine has done 25K but getting the cambelt changed before I pick it up on Monday.
  11. What Mileage has yours done?

Though if anyone has bought YJ06OEO I'd love to know - I owned this FR TDI previously and I traded her in with 59500 on the clock
  12. What Mileage has yours done?

My Ibiza (when I pick her up) :- 07 plate TDI FR, 25K
  13. Steering Wheel Stereo Controls

Again, I feared that would be the case too! Any recommendations of a new HU? Would like SD slot if possible (the Bolero in the Octavia has an SD slot and I am now spoilt!)
  14. Steering Wheel Stereo Controls

Nice one - I did a search and I found that I'd need an adapter. I'll see how I get on with the Alana MP3 first. I changed it before because I wanted an MP3 player. Would like another Pioneer HU as I had in the past though, better sound quality.
  15. Steering Wheel Stereo Controls

Very quick and easy question. If I change the Head Unit on my Mk4 Ibiza, that has steering wheel controls - I've got a pretty good feeling that this will stop the steering wheel controls from working. Correct?
  16. PD100 vs PD130/fr engines

My soon to be traded in Octavia vRS has 170 horses, however it also has more weight than an Ibiza :D When I test drove the FR I've bought, I'm sure it "felt" faster - however this could also be due to the fact that the Ibiza's engine is PD (all the torque is just given in one big fat lump)...
  17. Soooo MK5!

I liked the Mk4 enough to buy another one. I traded my last one in January 2009, but there's nothing out there like that 1.9TDI 130 lump to excite. I did want a Fabia vRS, but the closest one to me was several hundred miles away. While I don't want to be in an Ibiza FR for more than the...
  18. Back to Ibiza FR ownership

Phil, your right. Just looking at photos of my new car and I can only see what appear to be standard headlights. Can't tell too much as the photos are pants, however, I think luxury pack will be the answer. Still, that'll be nice! I miss having the auto dimming mirror and rain sensors :D
  19. Back to Ibiza FR ownership

Yup, has that as well. So... about these Xenon's then ;)
  20. Back to Ibiza FR ownership

The Ibiza I've bought has all of the above
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.