Search results

1. Krishen

What to Look out for.

Definitely recommend the GTi. Great little car. Plenty of mods to be done depending on your taste.
  2. Krishen

a sad day

Ah know how you feel mate. Sold my cupra a couple of weeks ago after 6 years ownership. Weren't you looking for a corrado at some point?
  3. Krishen

SEATCupra.net 10 years old

Great work guys.
  4. Krishen

lost power to the head unit, both electric windows, rev counter, speedo, fuel and tem

As far as im aware all the fuses/relays are under the steering wheel. None by the battery.
  5. Krishen

lost power to the head unit, both electric windows, rev counter, speedo, fuel and tem

Double check the fuses. Sounds like a blown fuse to me.
  6. Krishen

Front ABS sensor - is there a trick to fitting these?

Yeh i had to use a file to get my new one to fit. And had to smash the old one out. Nothing is ever simple with the Mk2.
  7. Krishen

Looking at buying a mk 2

Have a read through this thread. Not to put you off or anything as they are good cars (ive had 5 in the family) but should see the common issues. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=157494 Only thing i would say is if you can afford a gti/cupra go for it.
  8. Krishen

car mats

Yeh ive got a set of those in the cupra but with yellow stitching round the edge.
  9. Krishen

Relay / Fuse Layout

Deos anyone have a pic of where the ECU relay (relay 30) goes? I took it out last week for someone to test on their car and now i can't remember which position it goes in the fuse box.
  10. Krishen

Dead Battery

Cheers for the replies guy. Will take her for a spin on the weekend. See if that helps. Looks like it may be time for her to go as just don't use her anymore :(
  11. Krishen

Dead Battery

Hi. Haven't used my mk2 for a few weeks and therefore the battery has died. Got my brother to jump start her and let her run for 15 mins. Turned the car off and 5 mins later tried to start her but no luck. So just wondering if the alternator charges the battery when the car is running but...
  12. Krishen

*Gathering of the Mk2's *

Haha. Well ill put to my brother and see if is fancys going. If he is ill let him take the cupra :)
  13. Krishen

Sorry guys wont be able to make it as im in Dubai :(
  14. Krishen

1. Brummy 2. Ed 3. Ibiza_95 4. abhardwaj1990 5. beezertart 6. Vince 7. seatvr6 8. ather's 9. cupra-8v 10. gtikezz 11. N3 CPRA 12. Cupra Kid 13 crossedmike if my car lives again if not might come in the audi for atmosphere 14 seatibizagti 15. Pander 16. suj 17. Krishen
  15. Krishen

Crank sensor

Well i had the crank sensor fitted to mine over the weekend. Got a local mechanic to do, £20. Drove her to London and back and no cutting out :D
  16. Krishen

Do I or Don't I?

Ah wasn't trying to put you put off. Most of the things on there are more little niggles than major problems. Engine wise same as the mk3 golf so will have the same issues. Go for the ibiza, better looking and more "exclusive" :lol:
  17. Krishen

Do I or Don't I?

Check this thread out. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=157494 Price sounds about right.
  18. Krishen

... Cutting out AGG Beezer ...

Can you not get it on vagcom? Got mine checked and it came up with crank sensor fault. Might be worth a try before buying and fitting a new one.
  19. Krishen

Bigging up the MK2

I thought the same a few weeks back. My parents came over from South Africa, did loads of driving all over London and Wales. No matter how bad the weather the cupra didn't let me down once. Literally the day after i thought that, she cut out on me :( Since then i have have broken down on 3...
  20. Krishen

Bigging up the MK2

Stop driving it like you stole it :p I don't get much better than 30mpg either tbh.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.