Search results

1. RobM

Roof bars for the born?

Did you ever get an answer to this? I’m thinking ahead as well so I’d appreciate any info you have.
  2. RobM

Actual difference between the e-boost model and non e-boost model

Why massage seats are an option but memory seats aren’t baffles me.
  3. RobM

Real-World Running Costs

Now there are a few of you lucky folk with your Born’s, have you covered enough miles and completed enough full charges to judge the running costs properly? With rising electricity costs I’m sure I’m not alone in wondering how much of the saving vs fossil fuels is being eroded (not that it was...
  4. RobM

Cupra Born V3 - Salary Sacrifice Lease

It's with Tusker. I don't think they're quite as competitive as Octopus can be, but considering there's zero deposit (which would ordinarily bring the monthly cost down) I don't think it's bad at all considering it's inclusive of everything except electricity!
  5. RobM

CUPRA Born owner's register

I'm told my car order has been accepted by the factory, but no build slot yet. Does anybody know the sort of lead times you're looking at from build slots being given, to the car being delivered?
  6. RobM

Cupra Born V3 - Salary Sacrifice Lease

Mine is on order through a similar salary sacrifice scheme. I’ve got a V2, eBoost, Rayleigh Red, Tech Pack M, Cargo pack, Beats stereo, on a 36/month and 7.5k/ year term and it’s costing me roughly £440/m with no deposit, and everything included (maintenance, tax, insurance, tyres, roadside...
  7. RobM

Happy Birthday, what a cracking present! Love the colour combination with the bronze highlights.
  8. RobM

I’ve just received an ‘early March 2023’ delivery ETA. You can see why second hand car prices have gone so mad recently!
  9. RobM

I placed an order this weekend for a Rayleigh Red Born V2 with eboost, tech pack M, Beats and the Cargo pack. Absolutely no idea of lead time yet, if it’s this year I’ll be surprised.
  10. RobM

bluefin or revo

Nothing wrong with Superchips at all, it would be wrong to dismiss them entirely. As Kraken says, they've a vast amount of resource and experience out there and a long track-record. However... I went Revo because I trust their VAG-specific expertise, but also because they sell through a network...
  11. RobM

Seat Official Servicing with "inclusive" Roadside Assistance - a warning

Sounds very simple really - the dealer didn't register it for you when you had your car serviced. If they did, you would have received an email confirming the registration and confirming the expiry date of it.
  12. RobM

Media System Problem...

Mine was booked in for this problem last month, but under a warranty claim as it would have otherwise been chargeable according to Seat. In the end, they said that 're-coding' the unit might fix it, so they did that instead. I swear this is just technical B.S. lingo to make people go away...
  13. RobM

Add on spoiler for 5 door FR

The quote I got from Seat recently was a flat £300; they said it was a standard price out of the Seat accessory brochure.
  14. RobM

Fr tdi 150/184 differences

This may be more of an age or software difference, but I recently had a '16 plate 184 loaner while my 13' plate 150 was in for some work. Both equal spec otherwise and both DSG. The gearing on the 184 is quite different; in equal driving scenarios and speeds, the 184 sits at a higher engine...
  15. RobM

MK3 Leon - dissapointing!

Seat forgot how to build cars between 2013-2014. The first year of the 5F Leon is terribly made and all the things you mentioned aren't uncommon (I could add a few to the list myself). From '14 onwards, it all gets much, much better. I've had a few days where the rattling, buzzing and random...
  16. RobM

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I got an email afterwards, but it's up to the dealer to register it for you so they need to learn about it quickly if they know nothing about it. It's optional, but free so you'd be daft not to take it since it's quite comprehensive (home start, Euro cover, etc).
  17. RobM

WTF it has an economic mode

Try it though, it's quite entertaining if you have the DSG gearbox, as it flicks it to Neutral when you lift off the throttle so you're just freewheeling along. Quite an odd sensation!
  18. RobM

FR Useless reversing light

I found it here: http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/764/coding-adaptations Adjusting the intensity of the reverse With this change we can adjust the light intensity reverse. 1 - Module 09 - Electronic. Code (31347) 2 - Adaptation 3 - Select - Leuchte29RFL RA64 4 - Sub - Dimmwert AB 29...
  19. RobM

FR Useless reversing light

I installed the reversing light from here yesterday; it's much, much brighter as well as being whiter. It has made a huge difference. I've also cranked up the power via OBDEleven to 125 so it has gone from useless to street lighting.
  20. RobM

Carbon Look for 5.8" Media Display

Does anybody know what the cut-off for this adaptation is, or what models do and don't work? My 13-plate FR with the Tech pack won't take to it, it applies the change but doesn't change the appearance.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members