Search results

1. Looking to by a Altea 05 2ltr sport

Hi Guys Just sold of my seat leon cupra as i needed a slightly bigger car (i'm 6ft +). found the leon to be a touch too small as the rear passengers struggled. I luved the leon (had it for 2.5 yrs) so am thinking of the Altea. A local dealer is selling the 2ltr sport d for 7k. Is this a...
  2. Squeaky seat - remove leather

anyone?
  3. Squeaky seat - remove leather

anyone??
  4. Squeaky seat - remove leather

The squeaky seat issue is really driving me crazy now. The seats are leather. Is there any way to remove the covers so i can look inside. I have used 3 in 1 on the rail guides which hasnt improved things. Seems like it might be the lamber or something.
  5. Thump sound from stand point

Its ad hoc, just tested it. Didnt happen when i drove off for the test, happen at the traffic lights. I stopped and moved a few times and it happened everytime.
  6. Thump sound from stand point

Relised a new thumping sound comming from the rear of the car at the point of moving from standstill. When the car is moving i dont hear it again. Theres no continuous thumping or knocking. Mechanic is stating its the bushes without even looking at it! Are they the common cause? Looked elsewhere...
  7. Cam belt change

gsf, euro car parts, audi, vw, seat.. take your pick
  8. average mpg figures

I fear that now you mention it.[:@] Its still better than the 20mpg i have been getting
  9. average mpg figures

Here is an update from me after a throttle body clean and keeping the revs under 3k: 160 miles motorway driving and 50 urban (210 total) used up half a tank 31.8mpg! Huge improvement and kept the car around 72-75 mph in 6th gear on the motorway. Bloody boring though. The price you pay for...
  10. Cam belt change

The cambelt wraps around the tensioners and rollers, no harm in changing them. Not much effort and expense. While everything is open, change the water pump as they tend to mulfunction. Replace with a metal one which are more reliable.
  11. Leon Alarm.....yes or no??

Leave one of the windows open. If you have auto enclosure stick a piece of paper so it cant fuly close. Lock your car, and see what happens. Also lift the bonnet up and lock your car (there is usually an alarm switch for the bonnet). Alarm should go off if you have one.
  12. Cam belt change

I assume its £200 for labour only as genuine parts will set you back approx. £130
  13. over heating???

Its cheaper to get it done with the belt. Just doing the pump will cost a bomber
  14. over heating???

Well it is awkward to get to thats why its advisable to get it changed when you get the cam belt changed. Couldnt give you a cost mate.
  15. average mpg figures

im not alone, will post results after the throttle body clean to see if it made any difference
  16. average mpg figures

Na mate, 280 is the best i got and i ensured the turbo didnt kick in. Kept the revs under 3k where possible. Its still crap compared to everyone else. Done a throttle body clean yesterday which was a mess (loads of oil on it). Hopefully i might get some improvement.
  17. Cam belt change

dont forget the water pump, rollers and tensioners
  18. over heating???

temp sensor is £20 and you can fit it in 5min. No harm trying this first. The fact the temp is going to 120 is worrying. Caveo may well be right about the water pump. Has it ever been changed?
  19. average mpg figures

I managed 19.7 mpg (260 miles on a full 60ltr tank) on average which is starting to worry me. Got a mk1 LC remapped to 220.
  20. remote folding mirrors

Awesome GTI Store dont sell the Reflex anymore. I really dont want to order from the states as it seems like it takes ages. Is this module distributed by anyone in the uk?