Search results

1. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

haha yeah, "so why are you changing your career?" "Well after getting my wheel off so many times I realised I had a knack"
  2. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

Oh belive me I am! I only have a crappy jack and bar that comes with the car and a it's just...bleh, think I am a pro at doing a wheel change now!
  3. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

Alright cheers mate, we'll see how attempt number 5 goes... :)
  4. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

I'm not sure if it can be as bad as trying it with it all in place. The amount of cuts and scratches I have where my hands slipped etc :(
  5. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

HAHAHA...that's probably where i'm going wrong...remember I didn't get the clip so I didn't know something was missing when they where fitted...ok, that will probably do it. Cheers mate ;)
  6. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

I do respect what you are saying Andy and ST, in some ways I do get what you mean, it does seam harder then it should so maybe they are the wrong parts, but they look correct and we are almost there, just the last 1-2mm's and it either won't budge or one of the bits come out the holes. Well Audi...
  7. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

I'm 99% sure they are correct and my friend is good with cars and has done break changes, and the brakes where changed so it's not a question a skill
  8. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

Ok two of us couldn't even manage it, got to take it to Audi, i'm actually so ashamed lol. We just couldn't manage it without clamps, which neither of us have boo. Thanks for everyone's help though, I really do appreciate it
  9. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

How difficult is it to get on...because I just struggled for 20 minutes and got no where :(
  10. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

I'm going to do it in the morning, will let you know how I got on :)
  11. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

Right here we go, Part Number and Description :) 1K0 615 269 Spring
  12. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

I will get the bag they came in, in a minute to tell you, but I rang Maidstone Audi and said along the lines of "I'm not sure what it's called but it's a metal clip that goes on the caliper to stop the pad from moving and rattling in the disc, it's for a TT about 54 plate 312mm discs 2.0...
  13. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

Yeah I put the post up then went back up the thread and saw the pic :( thanks lads will try this tomorrow :D
  14. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

Ok I tried a miserably failed :( I cannot work out how to do it...at all. I am guessing I have the correct part for my brakes, he asked what model I said I think 53-54 plate 312 mm discs 2.0 litre TT...so they should be correct ones. Anyone know how to do it? Where exactly each section of the...
  15. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

**** :( will get moaned at by the lady then for a weekend of seeing car and rowing...not a happy girl lol
  16. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

Oh really...is it going to be a "destroy my hands get mad throw it on the floor, try again" kind of job
  17. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

£4.60 each, picking them up next Saturday. I thought I was going to get proper ripped off for it :D
  18. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

I found the picture on my phone I took, I will take yours and using it to compare :d Thanks for everyone's help
  19. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

Thanks for the picture, that is is...I don't have one of those :( ****...well actually that's a good thing, as it means I didn't **** up and [I hope] isn't hard to fix...anyone know what it;s called/where to get one :( Grr sold an imcomplete set :(
  20. 312mm Upgrade but now I have "banging/rattling"

Hi everyone, I have an annoying issue. I fitted the Audi TT 312mm Front dics and calipers, I got some pads for them as well. Now the brakes work fine, they just fit under my 16's and they fitted like the guides and everyone said...except......... The pad rattles and moves around like...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.