Search results

1. GREY 225

Track Day

Just drive it to yours and the cars ability. If you are replacing brake fluid id recommend motul 600/660 instead though.
  2. GREY 225

Would you change fuel?

If its mapped then use higher octane fuel
  3. GREY 225

What's oil do you use LCr

Mobil 1 0w-40.
  4. GREY 225

KONI FSD Anyone???

Yeh they are a good compromise strut, make sure you get top mount bearings replaced at same time and factor in geometry alignment too.
  5. GREY 225

Best grease for Coilovers

Yeh its good stuff, ive used it for years, both on my cars and at work with machinary, i do my lcr in summer around june, wheels off and all arches, hubs, steering arms, wishbones, rear axle hubs and the like done then up onto ramps for under car, to be honest under car is well protected from...
  6. GREY 225

Best grease for Coilovers

Waxoyl is what i use, applied with compressor and degreaser gun, drys on if done when weather is decent, wont wash off and is flexible. I do all under car with it too to help protect metal parts like sub frame and rear axle.
  7. GREY 225

Are these still ok to use?

As said discs are shot and look to have some build up of pad on inner edge and lines across disc, i would think disc is scored and uneven surface hasnt helped new pad face, are the discs warped now, Id be surprised if they aint given your description of abuse.Standard discs just aint up to...
  8. GREY 225

Seat Factory Fitted - Satnav

Good luck. The standard sat nav also makes the centre console look better in my opinion with the double din and display screen.
  9. GREY 225

Seat Factory Fitted - Satnav

The standard fit sat nav isnt bad really, it can be updated to now with new disc, but they are expensive from a dealer, think around £120. There is an aux input but dont know if this can be hooked up to ipod or the like, never had mine out to see what sort of connection is on the back for aux...
  10. GREY 225

LCR giving me faults Help!!!!

Is it over boosting with hybrid running on standard map, also you mentioned it had downpipe and fmic all of which is stage 2 stuff, with hybrid and downpipe id say standard map is not suitable. Im not an expert mate so id say youve got all the gear for stage 2 so id get it to someone for the...
  11. GREY 225

LCR giving me faults Help!!!!

I wouldnt worry about cat bank 1 below threshold as i think this is post cat and will throw a code with your decat or race cat. If i were you i would take it to a reputable tuner to be mapped with new hybrid turbo
  12. GREY 225

TDI FR or LCR?

30mpg aint bad for lcr, plus diesel price is going up more than petrol, but if economy is top of list then id go diesel.
  13. GREY 225

New Exhaust 45MPG???

Mine went down 2-3 mpg with 3" downpipe and system. Probably down to turbo spooling slightly quicker and ecu keeping fueling correct for boost.
  14. GREY 225

Brake Setups

Well i havent done it myself yet but was working on the principle of motorsport racing were they have ducts to the front brakes to direct air to the inner side of brake disc. Going down 2 piece route is best option for track abuse but its still possible to damage these brakes too with enough...
  15. GREY 225

Brake Setups

Have you thought about running some ducting from the fogs to the discs area to help with cooling. Any brake system is prone to fade with enough abuse but 2 piece is the best upgrade regarding discs, there lighter too and also have proper directional cooling vanes. They are expensive but then so...
  16. GREY 225

Advice on 'real' stage 1 modifications.

Uprated filter will help with stage 1, you might want to uprate front arb to compliment the rear that you've already done. Id have a good read on some threads regarding suspension before you decide on any suspension mods especially coilovers. To be fair you dont need anything with stage 1 but...
  17. GREY 225

Is your LCR giving crappy mileage???

Dont think lcr is that bad on fuel anyway, most makes of cars in this cat will be similar, i wouldnt get too excited about stats from car makers on mpg, my fiesta tdci says it will do 65mpg, best i can average driving very economically is an average over a few weeks of 58, which is very good...
  18. GREY 225

LCR cambelt...will it go?

Seat also intended for the lcr to run with 210/225hp not 270hp, more power/torque, more stress on engine parts. Mine was done at 4 years, it was below the milage of 60k but the water pump didnt look too healthy, cambelt looked ok to the eye but who knows what the teeth and internal structure of...
  19. GREY 225

Lcr power

3" downpipe also helps reduce exhaust temps at turbo. The actual standard downpipe is good untill the bit were it branches into to two for the twin cat. Miltek never made a downpipe on the basis that the original was good enough, but now they do one and have logs to prove the gains.
  20. GREY 225

Lcr power

Welcome. Have you considered making the car handle better rarther than spending alot of money to gain another 10-15hp. If its still standard handling wise then a set of ARBS, your choice on diameter but there are alot of threads on it, coupled with decent brake pads and good tyres and you will...