Search results

1. Leigh15

What to look out for - test driving a dsg

Yep, just leave the lights on I think because you have the bluetooth you can change the timing options on the MFD too - without bluetooth it's a VCDS job
  2. Leigh15

What to look out for - test driving a dsg

Coming home lights are standard on the FR
  3. Leigh15

2.0 TFSI spark plug and cambelt change intervals

The manual for the A3 states 115,000 miles for the TFSI, but then on the Audi website they recommend 5 years or 75,000 miles for all 2.0 petrol and diesel engines :confused:
  4. Leigh15

tire pressure monitoring system problems

The system works by comparing the rotational speeds of the wheels with each other whilst the car is driving in a straight line - if you have a flat, the circumference of one wheel will alter and so they will spin at different speeds. The tyres wear reasonably equally (or at least should), so...
  5. Leigh15

Tyres wearing out fast

Summer tyres wear out quickly in winter conditions - the rubber loses it's suppleness
  6. Leigh15

Rear Windscreen smashing

I've heard of it - I'm guessing when you turned rear heated window on? Bad luck to have happened twice in as many months
  7. Leigh15

Winter tyres

Just contected LV re. my winter wheels and tyres - they said it wasn't something they needed to know about. My wife's car - also fitted with steel wheels and winters is insured with swiftcover - I'll report back if they're interested or not!
  8. Leigh15

Winter tyres

The Dunlops on steel wheels I bought in October have gone up 67%! I just wish I'd bought slightly earlier myself - a month earlier they were even cheaper!
  9. Leigh15

R8 Style LEDS With Projector Lights

Almost as good as the DIY reverse park sensors - cabled in via the tailgate... :rolleyes:
  10. Leigh15

Fast idle in the cold weather - is it just me?

It won't be the A/C - A/C is automatically shut down when it's frosty (5 degrees or below) As I said earlier - I managed to control it once before whilst fiddling - I'm sure it was related to how fast the fans were running
  11. Leigh15

My A3's don't have DPF and do the fast idle thing - I'm pretty sure it's related to climate control fan speed
  12. Leigh15

Will these fit?

Adaptors? Or are they too wide?
  13. Leigh15

Both of mine do this - it's something to do with the climate control I think. I seem to remember I could get mine to jump in/out of fast idle by turning the climate on/off
  14. Leigh15

seat ibiza fr (2006-2008) speedo

Be careful - IIRC different models have different top speeds on the dials
  15. Leigh15

Noone sells LCR Winter Tyres?

You're not putting a 'Y' speed rating on are you? You won't get winter tyres in that speed rating
  16. Leigh15

Really? I just searched and loads came up :confused:
  17. Leigh15

www.mytyres.co.uk
  18. Leigh15

Winter tyres

Kwik-fit have good prices on their website for Conti Winter Contact TS830's in 16's, but I guess that's no use on a Cupra?
  19. Leigh15

Steel wheels on 2.0TDi Sport 2005

nope - smallest from the manufacturer is 16" - can you get hold of one to trial fit?
  20. Leigh15

Steel wheels on 2.0TDi Sport 2005

5 x 112 on the MK2 The steel wheels I have the A3 sent by my tyres are ET50 - the Leon takes the same size
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members