Search results

1. Sharky_82

Finding a Boost Leak

i had a similar issue - turned out the samll pipe from the n112 valve behind the top of the engine block with a silver sheild around it had crumbled
  2. Sharky_82

ECu buzzing and Central locking playing up

im not sure it is ratting as it would happen all the time where as the noise im getting is intermittent - im always sat idle as cant drive anywhere to check if it gets worse if i go faster
  3. Sharky_82

ECu buzzing and Central locking playing up

Right, 3 issues first, I keep getting a "fault in basic settings" for my throttle body - got a throttle body from an s3 (same part number) and worked for a few days but issue occurs again - i can clear the code and switch to basic settings in vag com and lasts about 2 mins of driving but...
  4. Sharky_82

Throttle Body

argh!!! gone again!!! Vag Com showing: 17967 Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249):Short To ground 17840 Secondary Air Injection Solenoid Valve (n112):open circuit 17834 EVAP purge Valve (N80) open circuit 17953 Throttle Valve Controller Malfunction 17967 - Throttle Valve Controll Part...
  5. Sharky_82

Throttle Body

phoned dealer....new TB... around £400... hmm nooo dont think so found me one of a S3 - fitted, TBA through vag com - all good :)
  6. Sharky_82

ANyone in east london - small request

have a look here mate http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=258352
  7. Sharky_82

ANyone in east london - small request

any members on here near east london who has a cupra as think my throttle body is buggered so need to swap it over and hopefully see if my issue gets sorted will pay for petrol and a few beer vouchers thanks
  8. Sharky_82

Throttle Body

started car and it was fine - drove about 5 mins and was ok - put new battery in and started car and started spluttering and no acceleration again just idle was high - checked for codes and got same codes again 17967 - Throttle Valve Controll Part Fault in Basic Settings 17953 - Throttle...
  9. Sharky_82

Throttle Body

cleaned TB lastnight - started the car and still going a bit lumpy and tried to clear codes with vag com but they kept coming up - tried to do the TBA with vag com but kept showing 'error' in the last block and couldnt hear the TB moving - left the car running for about 10 mins and tried...
  10. Sharky_82

Throttle Body

Throttle Body Alignment - theres loads on here about cleaning it and im sure ive seen a few pics as well - going to do clean it tonight try again -
  11. Sharky_82

Throttle Body

anyone?
  12. Sharky_82

Throttle Body

All Had my car (cupra) put back to standard (as had a physical chip fitted) and car was running fine apart from boosting slightly too much. It would boost to about 8-10 psi instead of 6-7. Now i know my actuator was played with so put this to the correct number of threads but car still...
  13. Sharky_82

80K Service - what to replace

hmm maybe - done that one the 60k when pump came out - i dont think there is much else - o need to whack on a lower strut while im there :)
  14. Sharky_82

80K Service - what to replace

had a search couldnt find anything changing: oil oil filter plugs pollen (depending how dirty) clean and oil air filter new wipers brake and fluid all fine anything else? timing belt, water pump, clutch, fuel filter, gear box oil was all done on 60 K thanks all
  15. Sharky_82

fuse box on battery

just becarefull when removing it as ive managed to lift the top of the battery up and acid everywhere....new HID ballast required :(
  16. Sharky_82

Tapping/Rattling N/S Front suspension

just something worth checking - when i had my shocks fitted, i found i was getting the tapping noises which seem to travel under the car - there was piece of metal coming from the wishbone which goes near the foot well )underneath) that was causing the noise - tighted all wish bone bolts and...
  17. Sharky_82

rear wheel bearing hub

well i dont know what bent it - maybe one one or two pot holes - lol i had my tracking done (4 wheel) and the fronts are ok - ever so slightly off but not enough to cause my car to steer left as it does - back right wheel showing as not being straight basically and the guy said its either my...
  18. Sharky_82

rear wheel bearing hub

sorry to jump on this but im replacing my rear stub axle (drivers side) - would i need to change the bearings as well? its slightly bent when i had tracking down so sends the front slightly off thanks
  19. Sharky_82

Wind Deflectors

great for smokers :)
  20. Sharky_82

Seat Bolsters replaced

cheers for that - ive bee quoted £80 so seems fair
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members