Search results

1. Strange MPG Figures

Could possibly be a stuck injector. Have a look at your oil level. Has it risen?? Does the oil on it smell strongly of diesel?? Get it Vag-Commed. Conks
  2. Injection quantity values

Fair enough. I'll read it all next time :) COnks
  3. Millers Ecomax

You sir, are 100% wrong on what the Cetane number of a diesel fuel is related to. In simple terms, the cetane number of a diesel fuel is related to the ignition delay of the fuel when injected into the engine. A high cetane number goes bang straight away, low cetane number takes a while to go...
  4. Injection quantity values

From what I recall the ECU takes the feed from the crankshaft sensor and adjusts the idle fuel injection volume/period to a point where the crankshaft acceleration for all injection events is the same. That looks to be quite a range. But if it runs OK. I'd leave the bugger :) Conks
  5. Injection quantity values

Are you sure that your misfire was not the injector loom. My old Ibiza had a misfire and brought up erros for the injector. It was the loom. £45 from a dealers. Thinking about it, probably plugging and unplugging a few times would have sorted it... Its a crap design. Conks
  6. Millers Ecomax

They often do. The difference is in the additive pack added at the terminal. Conks
  7. Millers Ecomax

Can you explain how a tuned diesel will eat itself on standard EN590 Diesel?? I have never heard of it, but that means it can't happen! COnks
  8. Millers Ecomax

I tend to stick to the oil majors. I'm not that fussy about where I fill. Generally Esso or BP as its on the way to work! If you are on a serious economy drive, you can generally get bigger gains by adjusting your driving style rather than buggering about with fuel :) From what you have...
  9. Millers Ecomax

Shouldn't do any harm if used properly. May not make a huge difference. As stated, I'm not a fan of aftermarket additives. I'd try a premium diesel first if I was that bothered, which i'm not :). Some peeps see a difference, some don't. Conks
  10. Millers Ecomax

Agreed. My Exeo is awful on round town stuff. 30mpg for really short stuff. All that emissions kit needs to be warmed up by squirting in some more fuel. The PD150 can give >50mpg on a run, but your economy sounds about right. Conks
  11. Buzzing noise after engine off

My wifes Toledo has made odd noises like you describe since new. I had it down to Air-con (my Exeo makes a right din) or vacuum lines. I also sometimes get a stange 'twangy' noise bit like a ruler on a desk. Never worried about it tbh :) Conks
  12. Knocking Noise from Rear

I have a mild knocking noise. Sounds like the pads moving in the calipers. I'm not worried at the moment. COnks
  13. Millers Ecomax

I don't bother. I just avoid supermarket diesel. If bothered i'd use premium fuel from an oil major. Conks
  14. Strange MPG Figures

The only way to be sure of fuel consumption is by tankful to tankful figures whilst brimming the tank. Does the car only do short journeys?? Conks
  15. FORTE diesel treatment

I would not bother. Use a premium diesel from an oil major every couple of tanks and it'll be reet. Don't see the need for flushing oil anymore as modern stuff tends not to turn into snot. Conks
  16. fr lacking in power

Did you buy from a dealer?? Is it under warantee?? First thing to check would be boost pipes. Could be a boost leak. Other than that VagCom. Conks
  17. Exeo audio

Let me knoe if you upgrade, I am after a rear amp/speakers for an Exeo. Cheers Conks
  18. How do i change the wheel bearing?

The split on the inside is the outer/inner bearing interface. The circlips can be a proper PITA to remove! My MK4 Ibiza was 50NM the 90° IIRC. Conks
  19. How do i change the wheel bearing?

If you are not sure, get a garage to do it. The bearing will need a bearing press to get out/in anyway. Does it look like this? http://app7.sellersourcebook.com/members/watch/enlarge.php?vers=5&aid=&img=24326/dsc00582_1257941749.jpg&&cc= The ABS reluctor ring should be on the...
  20. Alloy wheels

I also had confirmation of this from SEAT UK as well. Cheers Conks.