Search results

1. EssexIbiza1985

Central Locking (Non remote) Problem

Cheers for your help lads. If I get stuck I will bump the post so look out!!
  2. EssexIbiza1985

Cheers for that tip Flapper. Dont want the barrel falling apart! GTV- Have you used one of these kits to repair yours? Were the photo instructions easy to follow?
  3. EssexIbiza1985

Yeh I have the door card off already due to the drivers side electric window motor packing up last month. Its hard to see anything due to its position but there is nothing obvious that looks broken. I can see the barrel turning but difficult to know what your're looking for
  4. EssexIbiza1985

My drivers side lock has stopped operating properly for some reason. When I try to unlock the car all that happens is the barrel turns but then it doesn't unlock (There is no noise or anything). To unlock the car I have to unlock on the passenger side. However when locking I am able to lock...
  5. EssexIbiza1985

whining noise when in gear!!

It cost me £180 for clutch and bearing sleeve to be replaced. At 40 k though yours is unlikely to be the clutch. Have you thought about maybe looking at level of gearbox oil/ replacing gearbox oil for a high quality transmission oil? It won't be your cam belt as it has teeth on it to stop it...
  6. EssexIbiza1985

whining noise when in gear!!

Mate it sounds like exactly the same problem as i had last couple weeks. My 1.4 has done 80k miles and so thought it must be clutch related. Took it to a transmissions garage and got them to replace the clutch. When they had it off it was clear the clutch bearing and the bearing sleeve which...
  7. EssexIbiza1985

Brakes for 1.4..

Oh and by the way I am guessing that the size is 239 x 20mmm for the 1.4. Feel free to correct me as I have seen some 239 x 18 vented discs around
  8. EssexIbiza1985

Brakes for 1.4..

I have a 1.4 8v APQ Ibiza mk2 with 239mm x 20mm vented discs at front with drums/shoes at the rear. I am looking to replace everything at once to treat it for getting me and 3 friends to and from Northern Scotland without any trouble at all. I have been on GSF and all the gear costs around...
  9. EssexIbiza1985

erratic idle

How do you take this off? I have tried in the past but its stuck on fast at the bottom end. It looks like the bottom end has a plastic screw cap which screws the pipe to the crankcase like on a plastic waste plumbing joint... Is this the case? It's hard to see what's going on down there!!
  10. EssexIbiza1985

Power problems...

I don't know if I am alone on this but when I use anything electrical in my car it effects the engine revs. For example using the electric windows, turning on the lights and moving the steering wheel when stationary (I know the power steering pump isn't electric) all make the idling revs drop by...
  11. EssexIbiza1985

erratic idle

Also replace your air filter and clean the air box and breather pipe that feeds it from any mayonaise/oil. Should find all that plus above makes all the difference. Mine used to cut out regularly when braking to stand still until I did all these things. Also could replace your spark plugs and...
  12. EssexIbiza1985

Bit worried my cars messed!?

another thing in future is I have been told you should never top up a coolant system with cold water if the engine is hot... Bad things can happen if the engine components cool down too rapidly when you add the cold water. Don't worry yourself until you have put everything back as before and...
  13. EssexIbiza1985

oil in airbox - help

I agree with G223. You got to expect this kind of thing from a car of our age. You might buy another second hand engine and in 10,000 miles time have the same problem. I have seen ibizas with 150k miles plus on the clock and I bet their airboxes have oil in them too. Defo worth considering a...
  14. EssexIbiza1985

Top Mounts...

My top mounts do not sit flush with the body of the car unless it is jacked up and the weight of the wheels pull the strut down and hence top mounts into their holes. Is this right? I would have thought there shouldn't be a gap between the top of the wheel arch and the bottom side of the top...
  15. EssexIbiza1985

oil in airbox - help

Mine has had this since I got it. I was told by my trusty mechanic there is nothing to worry about. You just have to clean it out every year when you change the filter. You can stop this completely by getting an oil catch can and running the breather pipe to that instead of the airbox so the...
  16. EssexIbiza1985

bored of my valver

Im looking to buy some weitecs, will they fit the 1.4?
  17. EssexIbiza1985

Carburettor etc....

What are your opinions on the best carb cleaner to use? Also what are the best brand of spark plugs in your opinion? Engine's running a bit lumpy so going to give it a service.
  18. EssexIbiza1985

Overheating Problem

Hi, I had this exact same problem for ages! Tried taking the thermostat out, getting rid of any air locks, flushed the radiator and also stopped a leak but still had no luck. The next thing I tried was the water pump as I thought the water just can't be circulating. My advise would be...
  19. EssexIbiza1985

Weitec Suspension

Ha! Nice! Well I ain't got man boobs so I should be ok! What drop did you get?
  20. EssexIbiza1985

Weitec Suspension

Thinking about getting some cheapish lowered suspension. Shocks and springs rather than coilies. Heard Weitec is very good for the price. Has anyone got a Weitec kit? What is it like to live with? Does it improve the handling a lot from the standard? Cheers