Search results

1. max_torque

Got my body back..........!

Yup, kelvar. And that's why all my drills and tin snips are now blunt as feck ;-) Next one i make will have the edges done in simple glassfibre to allow easier trimming and fitting...............
  2. max_torque

I've been doing a few little housekeeping jobs in a couple of spare hrs: Intalled the RF burst Telemetry and GPS antenna: Fitted into the top of the refuelling panel mounted in the drivers side rear window (drivers blind spot so ok to blank out some of the normal window aperture...
  3. max_torque

Mk2 Ibiza 16V Hillclimb/Sprint car - 2014 Race Season begins!

Looking good! Can't beat a nice bit of cabin carbon bling. Surprising how much the std dash and all the brace bars weigh ;-)
  4. max_torque

Quick video teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmSxcGyHhCY&feature=youtu.be (Caution: Contains gratuitous Antilag action....... ;-) Will get some proper driving footage soon i promise!
  5. max_torque

TBH, i'm undecided on if i will get it MOT'd etc. It's such a pain to drive at anything other than full speed driving it on the road is really not very rewarding! There's a few tidy up jobs to do, and the transmission mapping could be better tbh, so i will get those done and book a trackday...
  6. max_torque

Finally, an update, on what must be the worlds slowest project thread! After finally getting some time off other better 'paying' projects, building a decent sized workshop extension, doing a lot of mountainbiking, breaking my wrist, getting bogged down developing hybrid hypercars...
  7. max_torque

reducing capacity of 1.8T

I was just wondering what blocks run with a ladder style bedplate as std. Usually the dirty diesel got them first as they run a high Pmax than the Gasoline versions. Basically, you need to find the combination of block/head that gives you (in order of importance) 1) biggest bore possible...
  8. max_torque

BTW, whats the bore spacing on the diesel blocks?
  9. max_torque

RobT - regarding EMS systems? er, no idea really. I've been spoiled recently with an EMS system that has open autocode access from Simulink, so i can just write my own strategy however i want! And once you have done that, going back to a "closed" system which you can only calibrate seems very...
  10. max_torque

I guess what he's alluding to is that the engine needs to have a good volumetric efficiency before you use a turbo to increase the manifold air density, and he's correct to say that. However, it's absolutely certain that the best volumetric efficiency is gained by the largest valve area, hence...
  11. max_torque

Maybe just for cost reasons? So he can use "off the shelf" pistons etc? yeah, that box-of-tricks uses 4 high speed individual runner MAP sensors, and is PLL'd to the crank sensor, so it high speed samples intake manifold pressure in each runner only over the appropriate valve opening event...
  12. max_torque

Absolute no brainer that one! Biggest bore (biggest valve area) and shortest stroke / longest rod (lowest piston speed / acceleration / thrust load!
  13. max_torque

Hi! If you go ITB and turbo, let me know if you want one of these: ;-)
  14. max_torque

Small new extra mod: A custom laptop cradle that should prevent my expensive laptop getting hurled around whilst setting the car up :headhurt:
  15. max_torque

sign me up for a set !!! :D (even better if the lamp surround is carbon fibre ??? )
  16. max_torque

er, yuk! :p sorry to say i really don't like the look of those morrette twinies. Looks like i will be making my own....... I really want a twin set of same sized projector (90mm dia ??) lamps, and leave the original grill etc in place, rather than end up with a 1 piece front panel.
  17. max_torque

I should hope so too, considering the inertia optimised crank, rods and pistons, and mega fast FBW port throttle system set me back mucho ££££ ;-) On a seperate note, anyone got a Mk2 twin headlight conversion kit for sale?? i think it needs twin front lights to look a bit better ??
  18. max_torque

out in the sun idling (still waiting for my bumpers... dam paintshops seem to have the most flexible timescales of all the automotives........ ;-) <embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent"...
  19. max_torque

I was targeting 450kW (600bhp) and 650Nm, and was quite suprise that we fairly easily exceeded the power target by some margin (480kW/644bhp) but didn't quite hit the torque number (ended up on 643Nm @ 5630rpm) Looking at the power curve, if i dared rev it above 8200rpm there's actually...
  20. max_torque

oops, meant to include this too: :whistle:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.