Search results

1. J500ANT

Swapping from 1.6tdi to 1.2tsi - thoughts?

Well i've had it a week, my MPG so far is 50.8 which is better than i'd expected. The only thing i'm not overly impressed with is the DSG set up, combined with the stop/start - it cuts the engine from about 5mph when braking which confused me! It also changes up VERY early, almost thumps into...
  2. J500ANT

Took a test drive in it earlier, MPG guess-o-meter said 52mpg. Seemed poky enough, I don't drive particularly fast - never really above the 10% leeway you may or may not get! So, it'll be mine soon. 16/66 1.2tsi 110 DSG SE Dynamic Tech 5dr, 19.5k, it's got Full Link, SEAT Sound System, all...
  3. J500ANT

Never really works like that though. Mine's done 56k and i'm racking up the miles at 2k a month, thought it might be a good time to move it on before it starts getting expensive.
  4. J500ANT

I've currently got a 13/63 SC 1.6tdi DSG with lots of toys, and thinking it's time to swap to something newer. I've found a (misdescribed) 1.2tsi DSG 5dr prefacelift 16/66 reg also with lots of toys for not a lot of money. Anyone got a 1.2tsi DSG? Any good? The reviews i've seen say it's ok - I...
  5. J500ANT

middle console remove

Thanks Speed-FReek! Couldn't quite do it though, however managed to achieve the desired result of a cable out the back of the cubby, as the storage box has vent holes in it (now hacked about)
  6. J500ANT

middle console remove

Speed-FReek, I don't suppose you've information on how to remove the auto gear lever surround to do this stripdown? I have tugged away at it, and tried using a credit card as a wedge but nothing wanted to shift.
  7. J500ANT

ST European Tour

My old mk3 SE took us to France, Belgium, Germany on two separate occasions. It even survived a trip around the Nurburgring!
  8. J500ANT

any way to find out what options are fitted

Your dealer can put the reg number in and (via parts dept I think) print off a data sheet, they did that for my current Leon and showed all the toys the previous owner had specced.
  9. J500ANT

Auto-renewal question

Don't forget to see if you can buy via Quidco and get some cashback too!
  10. J500ANT

Longlife Servicing

The instructions in the video worked for me, but only for the oil change - when it was then due for a proper service it wouldn't let me. Maybe it's that?
  11. J500ANT

Longlife Servicing

There is a video on Youtube that shows you how to shut that warning off!
  12. J500ANT

VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

Does anyone know if VCDS can change the length of time that the lane assistance works for (before you need to waggle the steering wheel)? It's currently set at 10-12 seconds before it cuts out, and you can't write a decent Facebook update in that short time ;) (Just kidding)
  13. J500ANT

Fuel light flashing...

I've never seen my red light flash - even on the current one which had 5 miles of fuel in when I got it, and put 48 litres in. Maybe it's a later thing (mine have been 13MY and 14MY)
  14. J500ANT

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Put the summer wheels from my previous mk3 Leon onto the current one. https://www.instagram.com/p/BDYf6BskG1Z/
  15. J500ANT

Cupra ST - Some quality questions

I did 28k (or thereabouts) in a year in my last Leon mk3, one minor rattle by the speedo and creaky suspension - both sorted first time round by the dealer.
  16. J500ANT

FR Mediterranean Blue finally arrived (photos within)

I can understand your reasons for getting it, but that's not a colour i'd be choosing......
  17. J500ANT

£12.50 courtesy car charge

When I had my previous Leon serviced towards the end of last year I got a free courtesy car, but it was a Skoda Rapid diesel.
  18. J500ANT

New Ateca

Seat uk press release (Hope it's OK to post this from the SEAT UK press release. Pictures are the same as previously mentioned and so i've not added those) Launch of its first SUV marks start of new era for SEAT Unique design with premium look-and-feel Dynamic, precise driving fun in every...
  19. J500ANT

revised CO2 figures

I read this earlier and found it a bit odd, as my old car was 102g/km and the latest one is now listed as 102g/km - I don't recall the 1.6 tdi dsg ever being under 100g/km though.
  20. J500ANT

LED interior illumination

Just checked again, it is actually dimming but the effect is far less than the regular bulbs of the old car.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.