Search results

1. Fisher

312mm brakes & 16" wheels

I have just arrived back in the UK. I have had a look and the track rod end studs are pointing upwards (this must be correct as the taper on the track rod stud wouldn't fit into the steering arm). I see what Allan 84 is saying. The track rods have a cut-away on one side and if flipped side to...
  2. Fisher

The wheels I have are like these...... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leon-16-Inch-Alloy-Wheel-Rim-WHL886-/141137959467 What is the style called? The suspension set-up in LCR/Audi TT (same part numbers).
  3. Fisher

I got a garage to install the bits.... Im away until January 8th so cant go and check easily..... Does the steering arm not have a taper on it meaning the track rod can only be inserted one way...? I'll get her indoors totake a picture and email it me, if its wrong i'll aske her to take...
  4. Fisher

I have just swapped an Audi TT subframe with steering rack, hubs, brakes and struts on to my ASV engined TDi 110. I fitted the Eibach 22/25 ARB set and the suspension feels lovely... I wanted to keep the car looking stock and to retian the factory fitted 16" wheels. I had done some research...
  5. Fisher

ASV 110TDI (wont start)

Yeah I have done the check valve removal on the fuel pick-up before and I was suprised how much extra go it produced at higher revs... I have primed the fuel system and its all sorted.... The O rings on the fuel filter are leaking badly... its about 50% mix of air bubbles and fuel at the mo...
  6. Fisher

ASV 110TDI (wont start)

Yeah I meant closed....my terminology was pants. Well although the fuel gauge reads a 1/4 tank it is in fact almost empty. The fuel system appears to have gulped some air and I have an airlock in the fuel filter. This was confirmed when I removed the bypass 'T' valve from the top of the fuel...
  7. Fisher

ASV 110TDI (wont start)

Bought a 2002 Seat Leon 110TDi a couple of weeks ago. It has the ASV motor fitted. I serviced the car and checked the fault codes using VCDS and a couple of issues were highlighted: 17965 Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation P1557-35-10 Intermittent 17552 Mass Airflow Sensor (G70)...
  8. Fisher

Remote Locking....Again

Did all Mk2 Ibizas have remote central locking? I have had an Ibiza SXE and S. They certainly both had them, although I still haven't got it working again in my current car.
  9. Fisher

Weird Hydro Clutch

I took the pedal out and the ball on the master cylinder rod was not in the white plastic clip on the pedal. The clip looked ok but was a bit tired. I got a replacement clip from TPS for £1.15 (mainly to eliminate any issues). I tried using pliers but it was a right sod to get on. The...
  10. Fisher

Weird Hydro Clutch

Couple of weeks back the clutch pedal broke. I was a bit short on time so I got a mechanic mate of mine to fit a new one. The clutch pedal keeps getting lower and lower and the bite point is on the floor. He came back over to sort it and the said the rod on the clutch master cylinder was...
  11. Fisher

Remote Locking....Again

I have VCDS but no laptop. I'll try and find someone local!
  12. Fisher

Remote Locking....Again

I'll have a look but I think the options on VCDS are quite limited on my primitive motor!
  13. Fisher

Remote Locking....Again

I know there are a number of threads on this. Firstly I have re-programmed the key fob on my old Ibiza and it was fairly straight forward (followed the guide in the FAQ and its easy peasy). Anyways, My remote locking packed up on my current car and would not re-program. I gave it quite a few...
  14. Fisher

Gearing advice

What is the gearbox code? There is a machined flat on top of the gearbox with a three letter code.... DTA, CTN or something like that. then check out :vwtechnic.com/Technic/VWGearboxRatios.xls this will tell you what the gearbox ratios currently are and what ones you may want to change it...
  15. Fisher

Remote Central Locking - Key Coding

Firstly the car is a 1999 Seat Ibiza 1.9TDi, it has a Siemens 5wK4 system on 433.92MHz. The remote had been a bit iffy for a while (needing multiple attempts and firm pressing to operate), this worsened and now the remote is inoperative. The central locking does work and operates all locks...
  16. Fisher

Mythical Eccentric Bolt on Rear Suspension

The archliner has been cut in two by the tyre rubbing against it. - I've found someone breaking a GTi locally so I will get that tomorrow. The back edge of the bumper seems to get a fair bit of its rigidity from attaching to the arch liner. - Wrestiling to re-attach the AirDam on the bottom...
  17. Fisher

Seat Mk2 Ibiza Owners Register

Fisher.....Dragon Green, 1.9TDi S......St. Ives, Cambs
  18. Fisher

Yeah, I kicked off with them. Got a full refund and I think the area manager gave them all a roasting.. Now the girlfriend has buggered it up! - drove through basically a farm lane and ripped the driver side arch liner off its bracket and them drove it home with the bumper and chin spoiler...
  19. Fisher

Only by shimming the stub axles....right?
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise