Search results

1. James23Parkin

iTB Ibiza Cupra 16v Track Toy - Engine Rebuild, Aero & More Page 73+

The metal work on the bumper has lent itself to being painted very well. Looking awesome as always. Do you hope to be back on the track this year?
  2. James23Parkin

My LCR Since '05 with Static+ Front Air Lift - Project Gone to a New Home.

Just thought I'd put a message up having looked through a few RRs. Great to see projects moving forward in very different ways. Very envious of each and every one of you :cry: I've been following Spork on FB and Instagram. Great to see that the car is moving forward. A few hiccups along the...
  3. James23Parkin

Bagged Orange CupraR

Nice to see another LCR with Static +. How are you finding it? Personal preference but I'll be buying a full air setup next time, as it takes a lot to run these cars low and practical without using the air all the time. Car is looking great in its oem guise :-)
  4. James23Parkin

FJ03 LLP has gone to a new home.... Well, not the way I ever expected this project to go, but due to an amazing opportunity to work overseas and relocate the family with me, the decision had been made to sell the car - a car I thought I'd always have. Cons of long term storage (3-5 yrs) for me...
  5. James23Parkin

My Bagged CupraR, Centrelocks + Huge Brakes

God this thread makes me ill... Great work as always Adam! I look forward to seeing your plans come together. Make sure you keep a template of the rear calliper bracket that you make, just I case :D
  6. James23Parkin

t0m's LCR AmD Stage 2 - Turini's, Wavetrac LSD, Recaro's..

The warmer weather can't come soon enough! Really pleased for you Tom, and for D.K. I'm sure you'll both spare each other on, although it looks as if you'll be going with different agendas to one another, which isn't a bad thing! I still think there's very little that can match or beat the...
  7. James23Parkin

Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

When I recently did my floor and arches, I used U-Pol Gravel-X with a stone chip gun attached to the compressor. Was really impressed with it and once cured, felt very durable. At least you got there in the end mate :-) It's coming on!!!
  8. James23Parkin

There's always one isn't there :D Yes Tony, I'd love a TB system and it'll come one day. The exhaust is still mechanically sound and as I'm prioritising to achieve a sense of completing direction with the car, it'll have to wait. If I'd have my way, the paint would wait and I'd go air with a...
  9. James23Parkin

leon cupra - winter protection

Looks good Jake. Hope the splash guard avoids any further water ingress. Do you think you'll bother with a plastic battery cover for battery, or just remain as is? My fabric one on the Passat CC seems to collect lots of crud and such.
  10. James23Parkin

RDS' Leon Cupra R

Great update as always Richard. Love the crackle black paint in the bay. Very purposeful and hopefully hard wearing with time. Looking more track day focused and I like it :)
  11. James23Parkin

D.K's LCR, #Projectcarbon. Still alive

Indeed Tom. I know he's in NI but he's always been very good with pricing, as well as being very helpful too, and I have a thing for loyalty.
  12. James23Parkin

thanks for that Darren, but I've bought one from David at Sere for £30 :)
  13. James23Parkin

As a woman would say (my wife anyway) it's all about things matching colour wise, so i think it'd look odd with the front plastics not matching. Definitely the right colour choice IMO. I do remember reading a lot about the polo mounts. Good choice by all accounts.
  14. James23Parkin

ibiza cupra mk4 1.8T big turbo project

Nice thread Callam. A man from my hometown of Nottingham - shame I don't get to go back as much as I'd like... Great spec list for the engine rebuild. What figures would you be looking for, as this is a track car? It'll hopefully be nice and strong anyways. Following you FB page for pictures, etc :)
  15. James23Parkin

Oh, BTW, 356s... You arse...:p
  16. James23Parkin

I've just ordered a load of 2k satin black to do the plastics. I've always used satin in the bay as it looks so much better than a gloss finish. Before you order the 4d stuff, have a look at the 5d stuff. Sounds bonkers but it really does look very authentic :) The Powerflex reds give a 15mm...
  17. James23Parkin

Can't see them... ;)
  18. James23Parkin

Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

Awesome update as always Graham. Whilst more stuff is coming off the car, you're virtually at the point of fitting everything for the final time, so keep it up mate. It will be better than new once your finished with it. When are you hoping to have the car road worthy?
  19. James23Parkin

That'll be 356mm then :cry: if you need to borrow my Forge disc for trial fitment, just let me know bud. Easily removed if needed and an excuse to pop over for a brew :) I think we'll both be on air by the end of next year. Can't fight it... ;)
  20. James23Parkin

Ah cool. I look forward to seeing those subtle touches. Always open to suggestions ;)
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.