Search results

1. Replacing Front Fog Bulb on BTCC

Oh right sorry, didn't realize the btcc was so different! We don't get them here :-/
  2. Replacing Front Fog Bulb on BTCC

You need to remove the foglight surround grille. On my LC there is one screw at the bottom, inside corner of the grille. Yours may differ. Then, there are three torx screws holding the foglight assembly into the bumper - and one screw that adjusts the foglight beam's height. Don't mess with that...
  3. What oil do you use for your Cupra TDi?

As far as I know, 507.00 calls for full synth, so yes.
  4. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Hehhe no it doesn't come in there. The guy with the golf cabrio had a bad time tho! Another pic
  5. What oil do you use for your Cupra TDi?

Make sure it's VW 507.00 spec. I always used castrol edge.
  6. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Skid pan gymkhana :-D
  7. What could this noise be? advide needed please.

I'm very lucky, it was covered by the warranty ;) It has happened to a couple of cars I know of.
  8. What could this noise be? advide needed please.

Sounds like either tie rod or steering rack. I had a similar noise in my LC. Replaced shocks, bushes, drop links, the works... then they worked on the tie rod and noticed it had excessive play in the rack. New rack = blissful silence. I think you can test for this by wiggling the steering wheel...
  9. Xenon's poor dipped range

I adjusted mine manually when I got the car 2 years and 20k miles ago. They have not changed since then.
  10. lmao.. wth?

I'd hope he does, else he has a lot of money to waste on useless crap ;)
  11. lmao.. wth?

Airbags. So you can have the super slammed look for shows etc, then pump em up to drive the car without scraping over paint lines and coins in the road.
  12. awfull road noise / wheel bearing noise

The golf platforms all create an issue on the rear tyres called "sawtooth wear". This is especially prevalent on tyres with a squareish tread block. There is no way to fix this, other than to rotate your tyres front to back with annoying regularity. Basically what happens is the leading edge of...
  13. Which RNS 510?

Not strictly true. Revs A and B had older hardware (smaller hard drives, slower processors, LCD displays). Rev C has 40GB and LED - so anything above C is what I'd go for. Beware - ANY A,B or C unit upgraded to newer firmware will show itself as a rev D. Use VagCom to check the real version...
  14. Rns 510 clips

Called "Speednuts"... you can use any old self tapping screw with them.
  15. Bought on Saturday, serious problem arisen :(

It is also possible for a slightly bent/chipped impeller blade to make this noise.
  16. What tyres?

Hankook ventus v12 evo
  17. Front mount cooler...

Hmm. Ok but it seems to be very badly insulated from the stack. My IATs directly correlate to radiator temperature ...
  18. Front mount cooler...

This is south Africa. No aircon is NOT an option ;)
  19. Front mount cooler...

No it doesn't? Isn't it sandwiched between the radiator and the aircon condensor? Mine has a crappy Golf 5 GTI intercooler. Even the Audi S3 intercooler is a worthwhile upgrade. The IC FMIC is HUGE in comparison, isn't it? My IATs at the end of a 1km run are something like 30 degrees above...
  20. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Almost zero.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.