Search results

1. Filler for Alloys? Damage question! ?

I've used 'Metalik' before with some success. Availble from halfords, mix the hardener into the paste in a pea:golf ball ratio. Just be sure to be quick, i'd say you get about 5 mins max before it starts to dry and becomes hard to apply.
  2. Platinum Seat Leon FR TDI - 4 Day Mega Detail - 35 hours

thats looks superb!!! :) fantastic job there. Do you ever do machine polishing work for others??? Have a 320d that needs some tlc ;)
  3. Watermarks...after waxing when it rains?

I have exactly the same problem, water beads on the roof,bonnet and bootlid and then evaporates leaving dusty bubble marks. Been really bad with the dry spell we've had recently. Seems like what it really needs is a wax that sheets water or maybe to try and park the car so that the panels have...
  4. New Shampoo To Try Out?

thanks jonjay. Just want to avoid using strong shampoos where i can and not be in danger of stripping wax off everytime i do a wash! Perhaps will go for an allrounder like sour power
  5. Halfords 3for2

x2. Thats about the list i would go for. AG interior shampoo is also well worth a try if you have fabric seats. You just need to pick out whats worth having there by doing a bit of research first. Generally the megs and AG products have works well for me
  6. Autoglym Tyre Dressing product

+1, also available in halfords
  7. Halfords 3for2

did the 3 for 2 last night (newmarket branch) and it was ALL cleaning chemicals (INLUDING MEGS) So i picked up: 1x Megs tyre gel 1x AG Leather Balm 1x AG Fast Glass tidy
  8. New Shampoo To Try Out?

If cleaning the car every 2 weeks (following a snowfoaming) would using glosswerks/duragloss/sour power give good results, as the dirt isnt being allowed to build up. Really looking for a low maintenance routine, like wash every 2 weeks, wax every 6.
  9. Side Strips

definetly colour code
  10. Definitive guide on peoples tyres recommendations

Goodyear Eagle F1's are the best tyres I've had - Just my vote
  11. Changing the front seats.

is there a problem with fitting seats from different models with different the airbag systems? Has always put me off messing with the seats in the past, but I know VW owners do it fairly often
  12. Just off the roling road

really can't argue with figures like that for £220 can you?! N/A engine owners can often pay £400-500 for an extra 20bhp!!
  13. New Shampoo To Try Out?

Currently finishing off a bottle of Megs NXT which has worked fine for me and lasted ages. Going to try CG Glosswerks next but only because i fancy a change and theres so many good products out there to try
  14. detailing time

can you let me know how you get on with customer service etc during replacement, I'm considering buying one myself soon
  15. Leon Cupra Starfish Alloys On mk4 Ibiza

Im running starfish alloys with 215/40/17's. Dropped 30-35mm on springs and no rubbing
  16. Comment on wheelchoice

I prefer the bottom OZ lookalikes myself. I think multispokes look a bit 'busy' on the ibiza, but its up to you, these things are all about individuality
  17. How much dirt does snow foam take off?

like you say foam is really just a prewash stage. helps soften up the dirt and makes its easy to remove, but wont actually take anything off itself. Quite a few people use a foam lance and then pressure washer to loosen up and then rinse off loose dirt, before using a good mitt and working...
  18. DoDo Juice Beading

Looks fantastic. What waxes did you use? My ibiza is a similar colour
  19. Clay bars, waxes, polishes-where to begin?

I would say have a look on detailing world website and also have a search for 'Junkmans' videos on youtube. Helped me out when I started getting more into detailing earlier this year
  20. Tyres 215/45/17 or 205/45/17

I run 215's but not lowered at the moment. I'd say if your lowering by 30mm they would be fine (they didnt scrub when i had a car full+luggage weighing the car down) Maybe 205's the safer choice if your worried about scrubbing but i prefer the ride of 215's and the extra rim protection personally
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise