Search results

1. What engine code for a large port head..?

Unless you're going 450+ don't waste your time, on ihi you'll gain nothing. Been there done that. Spend the money on a bigger mofo turbo. Td05-18g is sweet as on a small port, and gives 25-30 hp more than Ihi, or go Owens gt30
  2. oil in spark plug holes

Rocker cover gasket. They fail all the time. Eventually the oil will weaken the spark enough to cause misfires under heavy load. Easy job to change, and use a bit of sealant on the gasket when fitting.
  3. Master Cylinder Adjustment?

I picked up a used one for 40£. Fitting is a bitch though. 3-4 hours on a mkiv golf. Access is a bitch
  4. Master Cylinder Adjustment?

Had this recently. Replaced master cylinder, had front calipers rebuilt, new rear calipers. Eventually replaced servo, and it sorted it. Pull the pedal up with your foot. Do the brakes release. If so, it's servo.
  5. Vagcom in coventry (west midlands)

Unplug the maf and try. Chances are it's failed high scale. Where a bouts in cov are you.?
  6. Where Can Oil Leak From Onto DP? (LCR)

Either rocker cover gasket leaking at the back, or oil feed line to the turbo.
  7. ihi vf34 or td05 16g ????

About 30hp
  8. ihi vf34 or td05 16g ????

Go 18g every time. Rebuildable and 20-30 more hp than the vf with similar spool
  9. Winter tyres

Well try driving a rwd BMW on snow. On pilot sports it's a Joke. On conti winter contacts is goes anywhere In the winter. In summer the pilot sports 2s are epic. Right tyre, right conditions. Of you haven't tried a winter tyre in cold temps, even with no snow, it's like night and day compared to...
  10. 420bhp hybrid k04

I do! and it is, well as use able as any 450+ car. 450+ crank in any car is a challenge. Turn the stability controls in a 997 twin off and drive it like you stole it and see how far you get. The pedal on the right has more than 2 positions.
  11. air mass meter...keeps breaking

Cold weather won't be helping, as the heating has to work harder, but chances are your mapper has just ignored the maf at maxed flows, and you've just been lucky not to blow them.
  12. air mass meter...keeps breaking

A gt30 will max out a 69mmid maf with ease (75od) It'll prety much max out a 3 3/4 inch od maf
  13. air mass meter...keeps breaking

Excess airflow is a killer. My last sensor lasted 2 years, and mostly runs to 95% of full scale at max flow, in an rs4 tube and a gt30, but the cold temps two weeks ago killed it. If the error you are getting is high airflow code, and the mafs reading full scale Airflow, then you need a bigger...
  14. Frozen washers!!

Buy some decent screenwash. The blue crap is good for -4c when neat. You can buy stuff from halfords that's good for -23c neat, or -12 at 50/50 mix I use 50/50, and it hasn't frozen yet. Plan b is get some methanol, at 50/50 it's good for -40c
  15. PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Phil I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that a 60mm maf hits 5v at around 220g/s, so are you sure your code doesn't think the maf is a 69mm id maf. Still gives 280g/s plus to my calcs, and I made 395hp on a couple of dynos with that kind of airflow.
  16. Help removing Brembo calliper bolts

Impact wrench. You can rent them, or buy a cheap one (50£)
  17. Does 2.0 make a big difference

Where did I say I sold it? Just mot'd it for another year.
  18. Does 2.0 make a big difference

Mine cost mem £3600 but that included a head rebuild, so Say 3k. 1 bar by 3700 instead of 4600. Massively different, plus 1'bar on a 2 is 1.25 on a 1.8
  19. PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Phil I'm guessing your file is for a 69mm (id) maf from an s3/tt/r, so with a 73mm (id)maf it under reads at higher flows by roughly10%. This means you're seeing 250g/s which is about right for 1.5bar boost on a small port. Your fuel trim is likely a function of the maf under reading by 10%...
  20. forge tip (metal nipple) sorted

Remove the metal bit from the line.