Search results

1. delaxm

Door mirrors

Fitting heated door mirrors to a car with non heated ones - what do I need ? The wires are there behind the glass & the switch turns to the heated position, is it just a case of buying the heated glass then plug & play?
  2. delaxm

Water leak in the boot

Cheers, I'll check them out next time we have rain.
  3. delaxm

Water leak in the boot

Anyone got any pointers on where to look for a leak thats leaving my 2017 5F 5 door hatch back (no sunroof) with a wet spare wheel well after a short drive in the wet?
  4. delaxm

Flashing glow plug symbol, limp mode & auto stop/start fault?

Driving 12miles home on Saturday in heavy rain & traffic, popped into a shop for 10 minutes & when I restart the car I get Flashing glow plug symbol, limp mode & auto stop/start fault? I stopped & restarted the engine a few times but still the same. Next day I switched auto stop/start off before...
  5. delaxm

Wanted, Jack & towbar to suit mk3 Leon 5 door 5F facelift

As per title, spare wheel insert jack required & towbar for bike rack.
  6. delaxm

Clutch for the PD130

How much were you quoted for the friction plate? I think mines just starting to slip in sixth.
  7. delaxm

Loss of boost - any ideas?

Sorry should have said - 53 plate Ibiza 130 PD with hybrid & larger intercooler so some non standard pipework, the clue was a slight bit of oil around the drivers side fog light!
  8. delaxm

Problem found! Been chasing a suspected boost leak for weeks now & finally traced it today to the pipe that runs under the drivers side headlight to the intercooler, it had a horizontal split in it about 50mm long - anyone had this before?
  9. delaxm

Power loss issues on FR TDI 55 plate!!

Did they fit DPF to a 55 plate?
  10. delaxm

Power loss issues on FR TDI 55 plate!!

I had a similar problem, got a lot worse after the car had been bogged down in slow moving traffic. Fault code P1556 charge pressure negative deviation was logged by VAGCOM - I checked for boost leaks but found nothing then added some fuel additive & gave it a good thrash - problem went away...
  11. delaxm

Oil...What to use in your TDI

Right got the spec back from them & it looks like good stuff OPTIMA LSV 5W/30 Fully synthetic engine oil Product code: M373 Product Description: Optima LSV 5W/30 is a new generation fully synthetic super multigrade engine oil formulated using the latest developments in synthetic...
  12. delaxm

130PD Sport with 312mm disc conversion - which pads?

Yes thats the trouble, I don't know what donor car the calipers came from - It might be an Audi TT but GSF list more than one type!
  13. delaxm

130PD Sport with 312mm disc conversion - which pads?

My Mk4 130sport has had the 312mm brake conversion, which pads do I ask for? as these brakes not are standard fitment on this car or are they all the same just with bigger discs.:confused:
  14. delaxm

Anyone know the spec On 'Watson petroleum LSV 5W30' I think its a rebadged Texaco product but unsure if its OK for my PD motor & want to see the spec before I commit.
  15. delaxm

So today I ring a Texaco distributor & ask for VW506.01 spec oil - they ring me back & say that they don't do that spec but 504.00 & 507.00 is fine for a 130PD is this correct?
  16. delaxm

Right, apart from the EGR codes (that are logged because I don't have an EGR) I'm getting 17964 charge pressure control Negative deviation P1556-35-10 intermitant. Does the negative mean 'below zero' (as in knackered sensor) or below what it expected to see? (as in sticky VNT not giving enough...
  17. delaxm

Driving along at constant throttle & the boost just drops off with a slight increase in exhaust note, switch ignition off & on makes it go back to normal - is this stcky VNT control vanes issue? Car is 130pd Ibiza 2004 model with hybrid & remap, its done this once or twice in the past but did...
  18. delaxm

First impressions of my Leon Cupra TDi

Try a 0-60 run - if its been remapped its probably at least a second quicker.
  19. delaxm

Allard trouble...

Are they in Monmouth now?
  20. delaxm

Allards EGR Pipe

The ECU knows what the airflow meter is reading at a given time, when it opens the EGR, the flow through the airflow meter reduces by the amount that is recircluating through the EGR & if the ECU doesn't see this reduction (because the EGR is blocked off) it can bring on the CEL - you can reduce...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.