Search results

1. stu666

Using adaptive cruise control abroad - Leon mk3 plus other vag's

Good stuff, I'm worrying about nothing then :) Cheers
  2. stu666

Using adaptive cruise control abroad - Leon mk3 plus other vag's

Hello The ACC has undertake prevention built into it. I'm taking the car to France next year and was wondering if this would mean I could not overtake on the left whilst this is on. The manual mentions the feature but does not say what you do when abroad. Does it change when you select...
  3. stu666

Leon Xperience - Owners Reviews/Comments

Thanks for the comments folks. Checked dealer website just before heading out to see the car this morning and it has been sold :( Must have not meant to be Will wait and see if any others come on the market or possibly a reasonably priced FR 184 ST
  4. stu666

I like the Ateca but it's a bit pricey at the moment compared to a used XP
  5. stu666

Thanks for sharing R22 JGB Glad you are happy with your Leon, the Skoda Octavia Scout does not look as good in my my opinion but I suppose the extra space is the only plus for some over the Leon.
  6. stu666

Hi Everyone After a six year break from owning a Seat I'm tempted back by a Leon Xperience. Main reason is the 4wd and kit like active cruise control plus it has the added bonus of being quite rare up here in Scotland. I can find plenty professional reviews online but not much by...
  7. stu666

R.I.P. Ibiza; Welcome Leon FR

Hah, aye the foot will need to be tamed.....:D
  8. stu666

R.I.P. Ibiza; Welcome Leon FR

Hi Chris Good choice, I got the 2007 FR about a month back and lovin it, appart from the fuel costs which should hopefully even out soon once the novelty of going from 100bhp to 200bhp has worn off a bit. I found at the start having 6 forward gears takes a wee bit of getting used to but...
  9. stu666

Alternative

Hi there I've had the various different Falken tyres over the years and cant fault them on performance or the price.
  10. stu666

Rear Screen shattered!

Another one, My rear windscreen shattered on Saturday for no apparent reason. No vandilism or anthything, it seems to of happened when closing either door or the boot. I am insured by Aviva who use Autowindscreens for glass claims, called them up and dropped the car off at 1700 on...
  11. stu666

Creaking noise when turning tightly.

It's the one that came with the car. Not sure if I'll tke another warranty out when it expires. Knowing my luck the car would break a month after.
  12. stu666

The car is out of manufacturers warranty, it has an aftermarket scotsure warranty which does not seem to cover much. Cheers
  13. stu666

Cheers, Will have a good look next time it's dry, Could be waiting a while...
  14. stu666

Happy New Year Folks:) As per the title I'm getting an annoying creaking noises from the n/s/f when turning tightly, it seems to be more noticeable when damp/cold. I'm thinking it's possibly the strut top bearing. Anyone had anything similar or got any ideas? Thanks Stuart
  15. stu666

another tyre thread - 16's this time

Agreed, You are correct. Michelin recommend that on front wheel drive cars that the best tread should be on the rear: http://www.michelin.co.uk/michelinuk/en/car-4x4-van/less-worn-tyres-rear/20070314172074.html Many people think otherwise though. Stuart
  16. stu666

another tyre thread - 16's this time

Hi, If you aint keen on spending money (like me) and are not fussed about brand hype try theese bad boys: Kuhmo Ecsta Sports only £43 each http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s291p4183 I had theese back when I had my VTR and they handled well and were quite quiet on the...
  17. stu666

Worth making a complaint or not?

Cheers - Still learning new things everyday.
  18. stu666

Yip it's out of manufactuers warranty. It came with a scottsure warranty for a year that only seems to cover very specific components.
  19. stu666

Happy friday Folks, I have a 2006 Leon which I purchased 2nd hand from a Seat franchised dealership in April this year. Within the last month my reverse light stopped working due to a broken wire somewhere in the bottom part of the engine bay, so technically the car became non road legal...
  20. stu666

1.6 help and advise

Mines is very similar. Sounds terrible sometimes when accerarating with the window down but seems to ease off a bit when warmed up. Was in for a service last week and I've also checked the system for leaks and all is well. Seems just to be a characteristic of the 1600cc range.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise