Search results

1. Fr PD170 start up....

Had ours from 6mile on the clock and it's now got 90k plus, some days it's nice and quiet and some its like a tractor!! Always the same so no worries really.
  2. Cost cutting

It actually costs more for them and shows attention to detail. They now need two headlinings and adds to the build complexity, it would look cheap if the recess was in place but it's contoured to match so looks as it should. In regard to cost differences I think it still costs £130 for...
  3. Pirelli/continental or Goodyear DECISIONS!!!

Have to agree, had the rosso's, conti 2 & 3 and also Dunlop sp and the pilot 3's are ace. Quieter than all the others, better wet trip and worked in the snow. You can define fly push on with confidence with these. I use my car for work so go through quiet quickly so it's easier to compare as...
  4. found a FR TDI 07 for sale with fault

Well looking at the two pics with the metal fence at the side they were taken at Midland VW and being in Sutton not far to that garage. May be worth giving them a bell with the reg and see if thy can tell you more about the car.
  5. Glue for fitting BTCC parts?

VAG stuff is all from Henkel as used in OE manufacture and trade counter. Look for brand name Teroson and for body parts teroson 9220
  6. cambelt price

I think thats what my 80k service was as well, cambelt and service etc up around the 800 mark!! I was very glad the company was paying and it came a month before I purchased the car for the wife so was very happy indeed :funk:
  7. Honest Reliability on FR PD 170

Again the SPF thing is down to driving style, wife's journey to work is 6miles in 40mph traffic to work and stop start on the way home and no SPF light in 18months and it's a very rare blast down the motorway. As the saying goes **** happens, people forget cars are manufactured to tolerances and...
  8. Honest Reliability on FR PD 170

Had ours since new in Nov 06 and it's now covered 85k miles. 78k in first three years and bugger all 18months. It was my work car first three years and was driven hard but sensibly and full service all the way. In my time it had a new dpf, dpf sensor and an injector. The door module packed in...
  9. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Hi Luke, I can't see if you have had a failure or not from your posts, if you haven't had at least one fail then I can see why they aren't being done by Seat. As posted previously it was 2years and 50k miles between first and second failure happening and my colleague hit 100k in his and...
  10. New baby arriving finally forcing hand!!

Have to echo the above, wife has FR and has had since our little one arrived and is plenty big enough and similar to all cars of this class. My Octy VRS on the other hand the boot is twice as big so if it's space your after and the same engine and chassis then could be a compromise?? However if...
  11. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Jim, time will tell I think. I think most cars impacted are 06 - 07 vehicles so possible when the next time age related issues start arising many of them will be cans, aeroplanes or other cars completely!! Obviously thats based on a life of 8 to 10 years for cars. As for recall based on...
  12. Tint rear plastic window ?

They are bonded in the same as front and rear screens with a PU adhesive.
  13. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

I have the same letter, dropped through the door this morning.
  14. any known problems with cr engines

Mine did similar miles on a PD before the first injector went, who knows at this point in the life cycle. Current CR is on 28k in 13months so we shall see how this one goes.
  15. New company car - should I get a Leon FR TDI?

I checked out a 1 & 3 series when sorting out my last car for work and personnally I like the 5 but the interior on the 1 and 3 I thought was horrid. Agree well screwed together but looked "cheap" to me. The other off putting thing was the height adjustment on the seats, basically its just a...
  16. New company car - should I get a Leon FR TDI?

I feel I'm in a good place here, I had the PD FR from nov 06 for three years and 80k miles. Now have octy CR vrs. The Leon is slightly better handling but interior spec and boot space is much better in the octy. So if you need space for the bike then go for the octy, but with that said you...
  17. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Anybody had any feedback from VOSA other than the initial letter?? Had a letter from SEAT today confirming all changed and covered with 2yr warrenty, will say it again pleased with how they have handled issue once notified of failure.
  18. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

Did the same as Paul and had a great outcome.
  19. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

It does seem to be the case that you have to have more than one fail before the remaining get replaced. My first failed 2 years before the next one failed and covered at least 35k miles. Rubbish I know but that seems to be the standard procedure.
  20. Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

SEAT won't be footing the ultimate bill, this will be passed down the chain to Semens as it's their design not VAG. Yes it is a right pain in the ass but as faults happen and you contact Seat they appear to do the right thing, well speaking from our situation. Also I can see why perhaps they...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members