Search results

1. thesonny

noisy power steering?

Power steering pumps are always noisy at low speed as have a greater load on them than at high speed. Also if you get to full lock will then whine louder. Absolutely nothing to worry about whatsoever, no need to replace pumps or anything. If the power steering is working don't fix it!
  2. thesonny

Emmer Green Garage, Reading

I agree now with the hopping mad things. Took me 5 attempts to get my MAF sensor fixed. Plus having to tow the car there every time because they don't have a recovery lorry. And they didn't even realise for the first 4 gos until i suggested that it might be the MAF sensor. The bloke at the...
  3. thesonny

V5 mpg.... + cruise control....

and i have been putting v-power in my car since i bought it back in october and the previous owner had used optimax then v-power for the last 4 years. it runs so beautifully smoothly compared to me friends leon on the same engine which he fills with regular fuel. and i get about 25-30 more...
  4. thesonny

V5 mpg.... + cruise control....

cruise control is definitely less efficient than not using cruise control. i travel to southampton from reading a fair bit. using the M3. i have done the entire journey (there and back) using cruise control there i got 33.9mpg and back i got 31.9 cruising at 80 pretty much on the whole m3...
  5. thesonny

Cupra R Wheels on a Toledo V5

talk about un earthing an old old old thread!
  6. thesonny

Folding mirrors

i have a 99 se and mine fold out at above 10mph of their own accord. it is definitely a must safety feature. nothing infuriates me more than people who drive along with their mirrors folded in!
  7. thesonny

Emmer Green Garage, Reading

because they are charlatans at Emmer Green Seat. They told me a new cat would cost me nearly £700. I got it done for £150. I am so sick of the dealers that even though I enjoy my toledo i am considering selling it because you can't get the Haynes manual and the garages spin you a line every...
  8. thesonny

2009 SEAT Bolero

yes it is a four door if you read the text.... i personally prefer the old toledo to it. With regards to the current toledo shape, you can't drastically change the whole shape of the car and expect it still to sell by the name alone....what were SEAT thinking?!
  9. thesonny

Grill Help

in fact here is the link for the steel mesh grills http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?id=124837
  10. thesonny

Grill Help

you can get the front mesh halford style ones from www.europerformance.co.uk. they are quite expensive though
  11. thesonny

2009 SEAT Bolero

The mkII design Toledo severely affects the view backwards. It is probably the hardest car to reverse I have ever owned and I used to drive a van for work!!
  12. thesonny

Lowering Toledo 1.8 SE

how much is the eibach combo??
  13. thesonny

inner Brake Pads worn much more than outer

It is quite common for the inner pad to wear more than the outer pad on a lot of cars with cheaper calipers, as the inner pad gets more pressure on it then the outer pad. The calipers work by pushing on the inner pad which in turn pulls on the outer pad creating the clamping motion. As the...
  14. thesonny

Lowering Toledo 1.8 SE

Been browsing around the internet at kits you can get for lowering the toledo. most of them say that you can do it on standard shocks up to 40mm. Is this true? and is there a fitting guide on here for lowering the car or should i get it done professionally? also what brands do you guys...
  15. thesonny

Roof bar fitting...

your best bet is to get an authorised SEAT set to be honest
  16. thesonny

Roof bar fitting...

i have a 99 1.8 SE and I have 8 holes in the rails that are rectangular 2 on each side at front and back.
  17. thesonny

engine fault light and no brake lights - Not brake switch

is the bar across the boot working cos they are LEDs so if that is not working there is definitely some sort of failure. Have you checked the fuses? It should tell you in your owners manual which fuses relates to what.
  18. thesonny

'99 20V SE Roof Bars

Yeah I would be happy to sell for around that price. Make me an offer! I am based in Reading by the way
  19. thesonny

toledo 1.6s opinions

and you can get 40odd mpg if you drive normally and even with a fairly leaded foot you can still get 35mpg out of it
  20. thesonny

toledo 1.6s opinions

You may be interested, my 1.8 20v will be coming up for sale very shortly. i was going to be looking at around £2,600 for it if you are interested?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.