Search results

1. EZ Tutty

anyone fitted one of these supersprint exhausts ???

nope thats a full mk3 ibiza cat back...
  2. EZ Tutty

anyone fitted one of these supersprint exhausts ???

i had the supersprint race system (2.5inch pipework) on my old mk3, and IMO it sounded lovely, idled nice and quiet, and sounded nice when pottering around, but at full chat it sounded awesome!!!! Was quieter than the blueflame systems, if it's a proper full stainless 2.5inch race system...
  3. EZ Tutty

maff grill

:headhurt: The grill makes the flow through the MAF laminar, which the sensor is calibrated for. Removing the grill often results in a slightly higher 'false' reading due to more turbulant random flow, which causes slight overfueling, admittedly it's not going to damage anything, but deffinetly...
  4. EZ Tutty

End of my seat

arn't throttle bodies on most Drive By Wire 1.8T's the same, theres a few on ebay...
  5. EZ Tutty

what are the best flat wipers to get for the mk3?

Spend the cash and get the VW ones (arms and wipers) you can get them from some of the traders on here (i think TTS and, prolly awesome GTi too), alternatively you can find the part numbers and order from VW. They look far better than the retro fits IMO, and the quality is far better than...
  6. EZ Tutty

Gear box or diff dead?? not good :(

Casing is just cast aluminium, heres a repair i did to mine when the pinion shaft in the diff slid out of place milling a nice grove in my box caused by a roll-pin failing (very common on these box's)
  7. EZ Tutty

Cracked manifold

starky a cheaper option might be to ask in the wanted section for a used manifold, they don't go for much second hand. I used to have one in the garage, but i'm pretty sure i chucked it out recently :(
  8. EZ Tutty

what downpipe is this?

@Alex MSSE109 is the miltek part number :) @cupra20vt240... yours deffinetly looks identical to my blueflame...
  9. EZ Tutty

How does this come out? Pic inside

Jeeez, All you have to do is push the rotary switch in and to the right (i think), then pull it out, and the whole thing comes out as one unit. God knows how you've even managed to get the other bit out :shrug:
  10. EZ Tutty

mot failer help

i'd of thought most likely things would be pre-cat lambda or MAF sensor.
  11. EZ Tutty

Abs & tcs lights on, but no faults on vagcom.

I had an identical problem, and it was damaged wires leading up to the plug that goes to one of the ABS sensors
  12. EZ Tutty

Abs & tcs lights on, but no faults on vagcom.

Make sure you were looking in the ABS Brakes part of vag-com. ABS and TC lights usually point to Speed Sensor on one of the wheels, checked there all plugged in first.
  13. EZ Tutty

manifold bolts keep coming loose

no he means stronger bolts.... the original bolts stretch with expansion of the castings when there hot, and may not fully return to the original length when cool = loose bolts. a higher 'grade' bolt will take much more load (stretch) before perminantly stretching. I have heard that ARP...
  14. EZ Tutty

Gear box 02J...are there 2 different ratios ?

Theres lots of types of 02J box....
  15. EZ Tutty

Clio VAG 1.8t gearbox oil change

Depends how bad the damage is. Heres the my repair when the cross shaft tried to exit my box... (click for bigger image) Can't seem to find a picture of the damage before repairing tho...
  16. EZ Tutty

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/3777/02a02j-transmission-differential-bolt-set Unfortunately not cheap though.
  17. EZ Tutty

The roll pin shears becuase of friction on the shaft, so the best thing to do is polish up the cross shaft. You can also double pin it (using a smaller pin inside the 5mm pin) for extra strength. Something i did also was drill a 5mm hole (approx 5mm deep) using the original hole as a...
  18. EZ Tutty

You should be able to work out where the oil is coming from fairly easily, the clutch should be ok... i had a hole in my gearbox casing recently which dumped oil all over the clutch, i cleaned it down with some solvent cleaner (or brake cleaner) and altho it slipped for the first 100ish miles...
  19. EZ Tutty

wouldn't of thought you'd loose that much oil from the input shaft seal (which can be replaced very easily with the box off btw) The oil level in the box doesn't actually sit much above the level of the input shaft seal :shrug: Lets just hope the casing isn't damaged!
  20. EZ Tutty

Is a Golf Mk4 02J Gearbox suitable?

any O2J box will fit and work, but as per the link someone posted above the gear ratio's depend on the code of the box... (the ibiza's being EDT). Generally i think you'll find most gears are longer in the other box's (i think lol) Best thing you can do is try and find a box with the...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise