Search results

1. Sulli

Sulli's M3

2. Sulli

Sulli's M3

Mate your views on looks are fair enough, each to their own and the LCR is a great looking car, but alleging the LCR is quicker than an M3 Evo? You're having a laugh.
  3. Sulli

Sulli's M3

LOL :cartman: they say ignorance is bliss.........enjoying yourself?
  4. Sulli

Sulli's M3

:doh: Are you mental? Best looking M3 in the best colour, the LCR is a great looking car but come on. And performance? Have you any idea what you're on about?
  5. Sulli

Sulli's M3

6. Sulli

Sulli's M3

The LCR is gone, and to be honest nearly forgotten ;)
  7. Sulli

Oldest Leon

My LCR is a Dec 2002, now just done 90k miles. It is as sweet as any I have driven, everything very tight, and the engine is just opening up - must be all the care lavished on it :) Interior and exterior are immaculate. Look after them and they will go forever (I hope).
  8. Sulli

LCR High temperature problem

All sorted. New water pump with brass impellers, cambelt and tensioners. Parts cost me £82 at GSF (trade), and £45 labour (my mates a VAG mechanic). All sorted and not too painful, and at least I know I have another 70k miles of worry free motoring :) Shame it happened now though - all set...
  9. Sulli

I tried all the output tests, but unfortunately the fan isn't one of them. Difficult to tell if water's circulating, pipes certainly get hot though.
  10. Sulli

I checked the car again with vag.com, and found that the temp showing on vag.com was a fair way out from the guage, so after a search I decided to replace the temperature sender. Did this, and tried again, but the fan wasn't coming on at all when stood idling, all the way up to what vag.com...
  11. Sulli

overheating problem?

Cheers for that. :)
  12. Sulli

Halfords oil filter for LCR

Get your oil filter from SEAT, Part No. 06A115561B, £5. By the way, get the Edge 5w30, not 0w30.
  13. Sulli

overheating problem?

Exactly the same happened to me, yesterday. As for the prices for cambelt and water pump, independant garage will be around £200, not a massive job on the LCR, and parts aren't expensive. I was hoping it was the thermostat but from what you've said it's the water pump. Part number and...
  14. Sulli

I hope not - had a new water pump with the cambelt 15k miles ago, 2 yrs. Any way to tell? I got vag-com on it but no fault codes came up???
  15. Sulli

Yesterday, after driving through a deep puddle, the LCR temp guage went high over the usual 90, with the red light showing when it got near the top. Stopped car, fan came on, it seems very late, and temp went back down. Got car home, left for a few hours, and took it out again - seemed fine...
  16. Sulli

Engine Oil - Discussion..

In the end there's no substitute for regular oil changes. Use mediocre oil and change every 3-5k you'll be fine, use good quality and change every 10k, you'll be fine. In fact, with todays engines, a simple oil change every 20k miles will probably see most of our 20Vts running easily past 200k...
  17. Sulli

Engine Oil - Discussion..

On the LCR I just changed to Castrol Edge 5w30, fully synthetic, and it's up to the new higher specification VW/Audi 504.00 and 507.00 (I think, from memory) - it's like liquid gold:coolthumb
  18. Sulli

Custom Code

Where does it say the Xmas deal is still on?
  19. Sulli

Best Panel Filter for LCR?

I got my Green filter from Bill - cheers Bill. Do I need to oil it before fitting, or just when I clean it in a few months? Here#s a good testimonial for Green filters: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YPh2tEoM__0 Not sure how scientific, but looks good!
  20. Sulli

Best Panel Filter for LCR?

Thanks :) I noticed someone had said about smoothing the airbox on a search. Is that worth doing? I remember drilling the airbox in an Astra Gsi I had years ago - did bugger all.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.