Search results

1. HFStuart

£ per hour of car labour

Where in Dereham? That's close enough to my work to make it worthwhile!
  2. HFStuart

Drivers seat gradually sinking

The drivers seat in my wife's Altea FR has height adjustment. When new it used to stay in place - now it gradually sinks back down so you end up like a munchkin. Before I pull the seat apart does anyone know the solution? Stuart
  3. HFStuart

SEAT Nav System

If it's the same as mine each route could shows a time for the trip. Usually the top one is the quickest
  4. HFStuart

Would a Altea FR be suitable?

Possibly, is there no handle beneath the seat squab?
  5. HFStuart

Persistant knocking under braking.

At least if it's wheel speed related you've got some clues. It's worth checking the driveshafts - is it worse with some steering lock? What can happen is that they make a knocking noise which sounds louder when the brakes are pressed as there's then a better path for the noise to be...
  6. HFStuart

£ per hour of car labour

£880 a day for a (sometimes) skilled fitter. FFS. There Are times when I'm really grateful my dad gave be a toolbox to go with my first car and told me to get on with it. If someone tried to charge me that at work I'd take them off the books! On the other hand many of those cars will be...
  7. HFStuart

The rear seats slide forward too remember. That makes a surprising difference if you need the boot space and don't have adults in the back seats. The under floor storage bit can swallow a lot of stuff too - it's where our boots & waterproofs usually go.
  8. HFStuart

£ per hour of car labour

Good God what for? I take it that's a main dealer?
  9. HFStuart

tyre pressures, what one would you trust?

The gauges on the home compressors are only usually accurate when the compressor is not pumping. You should stop the compressor to check the pressure. I'd trust the Halfords digital one more. Take it to a main petrol station and check it against their gauge if you want to be sure. FWIW...
  10. HFStuart

Thinking dmf failure but not sure....

Is it a sort of lurch / jolt when you let the clutch up in 1st and is it worse if you're trying to pull away quickly? If so then it is probably the DMF. The dealer may try to get out of paying by saying it's a wear and tear. Some are happy enough to replace without question. It may help if...
  11. HFStuart

Stylance performance too ;) - or have you chipped it?
  12. HFStuart

£ per hour of car labour

Norfolk VAG Indy £45 Suffolk Peugeot Indy £48
  13. HFStuart

SEAT Nav System

Mine offers me three routes all the time. One is usually the shortest and another the quickest. I'll see if there's a setting to change that. What version do you have?
  14. HFStuart

Quick question about tyres

The same is true of the 215/40 Contis I've got on the front. Noticeably softer (ie better) that the OE Bridgestones. Ref the OP moist of the harshness is from the suspension I'm afraid. Moving to 16s WILL help but not get rid completely.
  15. HFStuart

My wife has run an Altea FR (08 plate) for 4 years and around 40k miles. Other than a Turbo sensor and her reversing into a skip (not really the car's fault) there have been no issues. She uses it for the school run for work (3 miles away) but we also use it as the family car and the longer...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.