Search results

1. BeezerDiesel

Adaptive Cruise Control - User Feedback

Hey Rob, long time no speak! Congrats on the order - same colour as I'd choose! Come try out the ACC on my Golf and see what you think.
  2. BeezerDiesel

Bye bye Leon.....

M135i is a total performance bargain with some of the discounts available! Forget the mpg and just have a big grin on your face for a year or two, good choice of wheels! talking of wheels, what BBS's do you have Andy? Will keep an eye on the for sale threads. I've currently got 19" BBS CK's...
  3. BeezerDiesel

Leon Mk3 at Paris Motorshow

I like it, but it's missing something. Maybe a bit of character isn't there? Roll on the facelift in 2015!! Maybe the Cupra will be more distinctive this time round and give the range that lift? The base model Leon looks far more interesting than the base model mk7 Golf but the FR isn't a patch...
  4. BeezerDiesel

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/vw-to-create-separate-identities/264011 Hmmm, not seen any evidence of this yet!!
  5. BeezerDiesel

SEAT confirms pricing for the all-new Leon in Paris

Very similar pricing to the new Golf it seems, so expecting big spec from the FR
  6. BeezerDiesel

Roll on the Cupra, I'm impressed with the new Leon so far and it looks much more adventurous than the standard mk7 Golf models, but the Cupra will have to go some to trump the new GTI, IMHO http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24
  7. BeezerDiesel

VAG COM exeter area?

With a bit of trial and error it should be okay, doesn't look too difficult. The number plate LEDs that don't give error messages are sold by a company called convert2xenons and cost about 36 quid, at least that's the ones the mk6 Golf owners use and they've tried all sorts of bulbs that all...
  8. BeezerDiesel

VAG COM exeter area?

Update, I *think* I've found how to enable the fog light DRLs on the Leon facelift.
  9. BeezerDiesel

VAG COM exeter area?

I've been having a look around the mk5/6 Golf forums as the central electrics module will be very similar to the Leon's and also had a quick scan of the mk2 Leon section on here but not found anything concrete. If people have done it successfully there will be info on the net somewhere! I'm not...
  10. BeezerDiesel

VAG COM exeter area?

I've got vag com, if you can get me idiot proof instructions on what you want doing I'll set it up for you :)
  11. BeezerDiesel

BBS vs. TSW?

I'm a bit surprised at you LCR owners wanting to swap your wheels off, they are one of the best bits of the car and they are light and strong too. The TSWs are a very nice style, but may be heavy. I've been running a set of 19'' CKs now for a while and like them so much that I kept the wheels...
  12. BeezerDiesel

Wheels spacers...

I've recently gone back to standard Cupra Ronal 16''ers from 7x16s. I've got a set of 20mm Eibach spacers that have been waiting to go on the car for years and years (which I'm hoping won't cause rubbing) and wonder where you guys get your longer bolts from. I had a set of Merc Sprinter bolts...
  13. BeezerDiesel

New SEAT Toledo IV leaked!

I suppose if they are building it on the MQB (or whatever it is) platform they've got masses of scope for variations on any given model.
  14. BeezerDiesel

:D Not bad at all. I reckon they might do something a bit funky with the rear quarterlight windows like the current Leon (which I've never really liked) though. Yours looks pretty good Mark which is probably because it's very close to the mk1 so would get my vote.
  15. BeezerDiesel

Gets a thumbs up from me. Fingers crossed for the Leon styling. Who's going to be brave enough to photoshop a Leon rear end on to the new Tolly?
  16. BeezerDiesel

It ain't condensation this time?

No worries Dan, I was trying to PM you, but my wireless has crashed out for most of the afternoon, to see if you were free before you dropped the car down to Newton Abbot. I'm away most of the week as it's half term and taking the kids down to Cornwall. I'll be around for part of Monday so will...
  17. BeezerDiesel

Wheel spacers - what are the downsides?

It is a modification, so yes, it will affect insurance. They would also technically affect the warranty but could be easily removed before a dealer visit.
  18. BeezerDiesel

It ain't condensation this time?

<<<<< Exeter
  19. BeezerDiesel

You'll be altering the suspension characteristics the same as if you fitted very wide wheels with a low offset. The flip side to the more squidgy straight line handling is that the turn in on corners will be a bit sharper.
  20. BeezerDiesel

The biggest downside is the possibility of the wheel catching on the arch on full lock or over big humps, especially if lowered. There are obviously going to be minimal extra wear on suspension items that the extra track will affect but it isn't going to be a lot unless you're going super-wide...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members