Search results

1. Guinness

Replacing rear wheel bearings yourself? How easy is it?

Rear wheel bearings hardest bit is pulling them off, I had to cut my rear one not damaging the stub axel.
  2. Guinness

Where can i find a cupra bumper facelift/pre facelift?

How much cheaper do you want? that sounds pretty fair. You will get one cheaper but it will probably end up being a fibreglass copy.
  3. Guinness

stupid washer pipes

I used heatshrink when mine broke exactly there! I also bought the whole replacment pipe that just cant be done with the engine in! Ever splice the hole (which isnt easy as its corregated pipe and not rubber tipped like at other joints) or just heatshrink it and be done with it.
  4. Guinness

Advice Wanted - Kwik Fit Related - Oil Leak Following Service..

You always put a new O ring on the oil filter houseing the plastic. If it were myself I would go along with the parts ie a new filter and show them that they have failed to do the job properly and that you want your money back as you are going to re-do the job. If they cant change an o-ring...
  5. Guinness

Should I swap?

Well Cupra bumpers wouldnt fit the FR without work as the SMIC would be an issue. The 1.4 petrol wouldnt have this issue. I would also buy second hand bumpers to cut the cost down. With painting you should be able to get both done for £400 ish. If it were me I would go for a 1.9 model even...
  6. Guinness

Cupra TDI turbo problem

Could it not just be the boost hose. Turbo isnt really that high up on the block.
  7. Guinness

haha Kwickfit are going to be busy on here. Must be a reasonable sized team trying to restore the reputation.
  8. Guinness

oops! Splattered a fox....

No worries, just give me a PM if I can help you out.
  9. Guinness

Sorry my bad I meant pre-facelift. So would be a straight fit. I will check what bits I have and that its still in good nick (its in the loft). I would be after £60 for it and could meet you some of the way (courier would probably be expensive). A facelift bumper is a straight fit to yours...
  10. Guinness

Sounds like you may have it cracked. Dont go to quick shi* anymore though, I never read anything good about them!
  11. Guinness

I have a spare facelift bumper going cheap if you need one. In arctic silver. Probably got most of the grills as well.
  12. Guinness

PD100 DMF & Clutch Replacement

Pretty sure the PD100 is a single mass fly wheel from standard. So it may well just be a release bearing.
  13. Guinness

Help!!! just received second hand bumper

Put a picture on?
  14. Guinness

Stuck on brake discs and pads

Dont upgrade to 312mm on a 1.2 its a huge waste on a car that is much better on braking due to weight. To be honest get good pads and discs avoid the likes of the cheap jap makes, if your using it for road use it wont really matter too much. Mintex would be my bet out of that list.
  15. Guinness

Just broken down need advise please

Doubt it will be the alt, you can test this easily enough with a multimeter however and check the red battery light comes on on the dash. It could be a coilpack although the symptoms sounds slightly different to usually expected or a belt thats slipped. If you can get access to vagcom...
  16. Guinness

front screen washer pipe has split

I have done the same as chino about 3 years ago and its still good. i also bought the pipe with the intention of replacing it. However its just not possible as far as I can see. I still have the proper part if you want to give it a go.
  17. Guinness

Gearbox oil change

May vary on different models as Im sure it was a 17 on mine and the others 2 I have done it on. I know for instance all the brake disc retaining screws are now torx rather than phillips that they used to be when I bought the car. I was told by a director at a local car plant (mentioning no...
  18. Guinness

Gearbox oil change

Understood.
  19. Guinness

Power Steering Fluid leak

Worth checking the alternator. I had similar symptoms with the load signal wire (worth a check when you do your box oil as its there). If the wire is broken can make the alternator not kick in until you hit 4k revs. My power steering light used to come on as yours did. Just check the battery...
  20. Guinness

Gearbox oil change

If you are referring to my comment it is from experience, having done about 7 or 8 box oil changes on SEAT ibizas. I have found without ramps it can often be difficult to get the fill plug out, so just make sure you get that removed before undoing the drain plug. Steps are: Remove drain...