Search results

1. TDi 130 sport issues

Veyron, weird that you've changed all the usual suspects and still having the knocking issue. Is it a knock or a rattle? I had a rattle a couple of years back that turned out to be the broken end of a coil spring that was still sitting in the cup. Ian45, the Cupra bushes made a noticeable...
  2. New tyres for my Ibiza FR any recommendations?

I've been using Matador MP46 Hectorra's for the past few years after having to fit some at the last minute to get the car through an MOT. Was very impressed for the money, so have carried on with them. I get them from Camskill for about £53, but that's on a 205/46/16. I think on my Wife's FR...
  3. TDi 130 sport issues

Not been on here for ages. But just saw your question about front tyre wear... Can't answer the question about voltmeter as my Ibiza doesn't have one.... But - regarding the front tyre wear, I've just had the same thing happen on a relatively new front tyre. It looked fine across 95% of...
  4. What to buy; Falcon, Kumoh or Pirelli P-Zero Nero tyres?

Kumho KU31's get my vote. Probably not up there with real performance tyres, but they are a great all rounder. Got 25k miles out of the last set on the front - only about £105 delivered for a pair from Camskill. DervPower - Will: I recognise that pic of your car in the snow. Are you the same...
  5. Ibiza sport ipod connection not sure?

I thought the only 'aux' port for plugging in an MP3 player) was down by the back end of the handbrake on the other side to the traction control button (on the 130 TDI). The Alana unit has 6cd written on it, as it will accept one - perhaps it was an optional extra? My 130 Sport came with an...
  6. Guess how much for......

Nr Peterborough..... I should actually be thanking you ScottHmk4 as I did a bit of digging & found a place called Peterborough Trim Repairs who do alloy wheel refurbs starting from £40/wheel. They also do upholstery repairs, which is handy as I need one of the panels in the drivers seat...
  7. Guess how much for......

Madfaz.......and.........? Would you be willing to get rid of them? Did you take them off from new? Yeah - chispadete, might me worth looking for a swap for some cash. scottHmk4 - 300 miles to get my wheels refurbed might be a bit OTT!? ;) You are probably right about the price, but...
  8. Guess how much for......

scottHmk4 - £40/wheel for a refurb - is that a full strip & refurb or just a touch-up repair? Have you got any details of places that will do it for that? The cheapest I have seen that does a full refurb is about £240 - although I can't remember where I saw that. The last place I looked at...
  9. Guess how much for......

erm....yeah, £90x4 would make 4 new wheels about £80 more than a refurb - worth it in my opinion as I could keep the old ones for winter/salty road duty & get the decent ones out the rest of the time. There's a very limited guarantee on refurbed wheels, so if they are corroding again 12 months...
  10. vRS or FR

I was set on the VRS until I realised that the Sport/FR was effectively the same car. They were coming in about £1k cheaper than the VRS for similar age/mileage. Also figured that the white inserts in the seats weren't gonna stay white for long with all the mountain biking I do - so went...
  11. Guess how much for......

.....a new set of Mk4 Ibiza Sport wheels? Mine are getting quite corroded & it's gonna be about £280 for a full strip down/refurbish. I thought I'd see how much Seat charge for a new set of wheels as a colleague of mine had to replace an alloy wheel on a new Fabia and it was only £90 for the...
  12. Window Tinting

Near where I live there are loads of cars ranging from chavved up bangers to school-run MPVs with really dark tints all round - have never seen anyone had to have them removed. I'm thinking of getting mine done at the moment - I have been charged £180 for the rear 3 windows from a place in...
  13. Replacing a brake light....

Brilliant tip. I tried whacking the light as described above to release the spring clips and it worked a treat. Took 2 mins to change the bulb. The only thing i would add is that once you remove the electrical connection make sure it doesn't fall back inside the bodywork - it didn't happen...
  14. How long do your sets of brakes last?

I don't think they have sensors - everytime I get mine serviced, the guy says they are getting low, but fine for another 10k so he'll check 'em next service. Been saying that since 50k miles. Thing is, most of my mileage is motorway so I am not actually braking that much. I think I must be...
  15. How long do your sets of brakes last?

I've had my car since 24k miles and it's now on almost 101k miles. It's not had front discs/pads since I've had it (so that's 77k miles), but it had the rears done about 6 months ago.
  16. Replacing a brake light....

Cool, I will try whacking it this evening as suggested. GlanzaV.......changed the sidelights several times (my Ibiza seems to chew through them fairly quick) and yes they are a complete ar5e! Kinda getting a knack to it now though.....
  17. Replacing a brake light....

.....any tips? I tried to do this earlier on, as we noticed the other day that one had failed. I undid the two screws that are visible when u open the boot lid, and then tried to pull the light assembly out but it wouldn't budge. I was pulling it hard enough to cause some creaking etc. so...
  18. Random 'clunk' FR TDi

Sure it's not the lower arm rear bushes....? Just had mine replaced at 98k miles & before I had them changed, it clunked over small bumps, particularly when manoeuvring & with some lock applied to the wheels. Since having them replaced it's not happened once.
  19. Recommend me some tyres!

Kumho KU31s.......lasted me well over 20k miles on the front - probably over 25k in fact, if only I could remember exactly what mileage I had them fitted. Camskills currently has them for £100 for a pair, with £5 delivery for 205/45/16. I just replace my fronts.
  20. Rear Wiper Problem - Ticking noise

Cheers for that Torquemonster....I think I will definitely have it apart when I get a moment and see if I can fix it myself. If it persists I'll probably go for a scrappie replacement or something....
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members