Search results

1. EddyH

Warranty and Service Schedule on Cupra TDI

These replies are confirming what I suspected that the car I'm looking at has missed some services (annual rather than mileage) so doesn't have FSH and the warranty has been voided.
  2. EddyH

Warranty and Service Schedule on Cupra TDI

I'm currently looking for an Ibiza Cupra PD160 and just wondered what warranty they had from new as I can't find details on the Seat website (I'm guessing 3yrs/60k). Also what is the servicing schedule on both a time and mileage basis and can they be setup for both fixed and variable servicing...
  3. EddyH

Someone parked a harley on my altea !

The OP can claim from bike owners insurance who would then have to claim from the vehicle that hit his. It's the same in a multi-vehicle bump, you claim from the vehicle that hit yours not the one that caused the accident.
  4. EddyH

why is my car not selling?????

Trade price on your car according to Glass' Guide is £5840, the dealer you're purchasing the van from will know this so looks like they have at least another £500 in the van to play with.
  5. EddyH

Oulton Park BTCC Infield Parking - Sun June 24th 2007

I'll keep an eye out for you then. Will be my first time at BTCC, got the tickets FOC so figured I may as well use them! Just booked into a hotel a few miles from the circuit for the Saturday night so that's sorted too.
  6. EddyH

Oulton Park BTCC Infield Parking - Sun June 24th 2007

Email sent but a quick question; is the parking just for race day as I already have a pair of weekend passes so intend going for the weekend.
  7. EddyH

Vag Com Port

Yes, open it then give it a tug downwards as if trying to open it even wider. You'll see the purple OBD connector behind.
  8. EddyH

Vag Com Port

Behind the small compartment that is to the lower right of the steering wheel.
  9. EddyH

Electrical Issue on Sport TDI 130! Advice pls :)

The symptoms on ours were the same as the OP and it was down to the wiring you mention albeit on the connector at the alternator end of the loom.
  10. EddyH

Electrical Issue on Sport TDI 130! Advice pls :)

Sounds like the common issue with the alternator wiring. Had this twice already on ours.
  11. EddyH

Part number for Side Strips 3dr Mk4

Have a look here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96201 post #16
  12. EddyH

~400 miles per tank

I think the problem is the 5 mile journeys, the engine won't be getting up to temp and economy is poor whilst the engine is cold. For that sort of use a petrol car is far better suited.
  13. EddyH

remap complete......wow!!!

I think it's too early to say but perfectly believable, the k03s 150bhp 1.8T can achieve 220bhp with just a map and filter, % wise that's an even bigger gain than you menton above.
  14. EddyH

Dash bulbs

I changed my Octavia to VW blue by using Golf clocks in the octavia casing and matching the immobiliser using vagcom. I wouldn't fancy swapping the LED's as they're all the surface mount type so very tricky to do without the right equipment. As the Leon is based on the same platform as the...
  15. EddyH

GTRS too beaucoup for Forge FMIC?

Yes, as Mork says it's basically the same as the Leon kit just has different mounting points AFAIK. I still have the standard pancake pipe, one other standard pipe which was originally retained was the sleeved one which I think connects to the pancake pipe (it's in that general area anyway)...
  16. EddyH

GTRS too beaucoup for Forge FMIC?

I'm running circa 450bhp with a Forge Octavia FMIC and the inlet manifold is always cold to the touch.
  17. EddyH

Uprated Haldex controllers for 4wd systems

The RS4 doesn't use a haldex system is uses a torsen system so what you're suggesting isn't possible as the haldex is electronically controlled and torsen is mechanical. I have the uprated haldex controller made by haldex as an aftermarket part on my 450bhp Octavia and it makes a huge...
  18. EddyH

My car is at JBS for a GT3071R fitting.

It doesn't really drop off like that. It must have been down to the RR run possibly let off early etc.. It only had one power run and it wasn't perfect.
  19. EddyH

My car is at JBS for a GT3071R fitting.

Today my car had it's first RR run after the conversion, there's more to come but I'm very happy already.
  20. EddyH

r32/rs4 seats in leon (lcr) ?

Golf Mk4 R32 seats are a straight swap. Golf MkV or RS4 seats will require a certain amount of fabrication to get them to fit, if they will at all. I suspect the base will be too wide personally.