Search results

1. Cruise Control

Sounds more like the convenience controller is playing up.. potentially someone put one in that cannot do CC as I dimly remember that was possible. In Vagcom you just "turn on" the CC by recoding one item .. it does take 20-30 seconds so it must be doing more than that. Otherwise it is wiring or...
  2. Jack and axle stands - front axle

I jack off the chassis rails at the front where they are double thickness. Use a bit of plywood/rubber to avoid marking the paint or it will rust. These are the U shaped bits that are about 300mm in from the sills. You can then put axle stands on the sills where the jack should go ,, or you can...
  3. Cruise Control

My cruise stopped working when the brake light switch went. It did throw a fault code to dash and you could see it in VAGCOM. There are 2 brake switches I believe but only one is cruise control related. My rear brake lights did not work I think so check them. It is unlikely to be a chip issue as...
  4. Pinging noise when full lock

I had this on my Cupra Ibiza. It was the top strut bearings that had seized at 30k miles. Not sure if Leon has them them but it would do it only when turning while parking as the spring had to twist then and would "ping" as it jumped on the siezed top strut bearing. Once replaced I greased them...
  5. Cruise Control

There is a difference in the wiring loom .. but the only part you need to add is the stalk. Cupras did not come with Cruise control and I DIY'ed mine in by adding 4-5 wires. Best way would be to pull the steering wheel and cowling off to check the wiring up to the stalk for extra wires. It also...
  6. Headlight bulb replacement?

Look at your headlights. If you have 2 seperate bulbs it is H7. If you have 1 bulb it is H4. Lower spec cars have H4 single bulb (read the thread fully..). Xenons are now illegal in UK and an MOT failure unless you have a Seat setup. I always change out my dip beam Xenon for MOT time and run a...
  7. Many problems with my new purchase

ebay have gloveboxes all the time. £370 will get you a Pioneer SPH-DA250DAB with Andriod Auto and iPhone Carplay on ebay. I am looking right now for a double Din with that those for another car. Alpine is where I normally go for sound quality but having looked at China special Andriod system...
  8. Leon ST 184 appreciation! Keep or swap for SUV?

Put some decent Cross Climate tyres on it and it will do 99% of the SUV work you ever see .. while being a better car for your life 99% of the time. I live 400 ft up a hill in Aberdeen with a 1/2 mile gravel track. I do have a very capable 4x4 (G-Wagon) for months when it is only thing to get...
  9. Reinstalling Wiper Motor and Mechanism?

Short answer is no easy way.. it took me 45 mins to work out how to get it back in and I have forgotten how I did it now. So it is horrible little puzzle ultimately!
  10. 08 Ecomotive - Acrylic Headlights...

A polishing kit from ebay will do it, just watch out for the paint around the headlight. I did my older "other" car with 2 pack lacquer paint which is the longer lasting way.. £12 for a can of paint, bit of wet and dry from 400-600-800, bit of masking tape and paper but real face mask as 2 pack...
  11. General maintenance DIY Radar - Front Assist Alignment

“Front Assist not available” came up after I changed from 18” to 17” wheels and added a full sized spare but around the same time I hit a pheasant at about 15 mph with no damage seen. Adding a full sized spare which on an estate is way behind the rear axle will misalign the radar sensor; the car...
  12. Ibiza Cupra 1.9 tdi Camber

Camber is negative from new on all cars. You can slot the lower wishbone ball joint interface and get a bit back.. my Cupra I had to do this just to try and get the front tyres to last past 7k miles.. now on 140k miles.. I swapped lower wishbone and forgot to slot it.. front tyres went in 5k miles..
  13. DIY Radar - Front Assist Not Available

Fine to make it a resources item with me - hopefully it will save someone a bit of time/money. I don't yet have a scanner .. only got the old VCDS for the 2005 Ibiza that I must still sell! Anyway.. warning off dashboard so happy person. It is funny how there seems a lot of mis information in...
  14. Bike carriers?

Not a Leon but I had a set of old roof cross bars on my other car.. so bought a cheapo set from Ebay from bars4cars that look like the £30 Halfords cheapo ones. £100 for 4 delivered (I had the cross bars already). These are actually Italian M-Way but boxed as Maypole but they no longer list...
  15. Estate Foam

I had that foam with the space saver. I bought a full sized spare and downsized to 17". I bought the Skoda Octavia 3 RS insert kit for 19" 5E0093860C= £51 inc VAT as they do not do one for 17" .. only 15" and 16". This comes complete with jack etc. I could have cut this one down to fit 17" or...
  16. DIY Radar - Front Assist Not Available

2017 Seat Leon ST 184 tdi (so facelift) “Front Assist not available” came up after I changed from 18” to 17” wheels and added a full sized spare but around the same time I hit a pheasant at about 15 mph with no damage seen. Adding a full sized spare which on an estate is way behind the rear...
  17. Is there any cupra tdi for sale?

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/seat_ibiza_cupra_tdi 208 taxed, 97 SORNed .. mine should be SORNed really and should get sold..Aberdeenshire is usually some way to go for most. Peak was 476 cars in 2008 Q4 .. so 25% or 100 cars scrapped so far.. death rate is 25 cars/year roughly so 300...
  18. Headlight Help! Part number 6L2941006L

Someone tried to fit Xenons at one point.. you need headlight washers and self levelling system fitted. The washers parts need a special bumper and they had to hack stuff to get it to miss the Intercooler pipework. So I guess possible but not a quick job. I had/have aftermarket Xenons which...
  19. Headlight Help! Part number 6L2941006L

Cupra headlights only came from dealers 5 years ago when I looked. I was £163 inc Vat about 5 years ago. The last letter is just a revision number normally so a B, L or N are the same thing. The odd/even numbers are for left/right headlights if you look at the codes. My notes on headlights...
  20. Brake pedal sinks

First you need to separate the brakes from the servo or Booster. So switch off engine and pump the brakes about 5 times.. you will find it gets harder as you pump and seemingly the pedal will get higher (but it is a trick.. I will not go into why). Anyway.. now you will have exhausted the servo...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members