Search results

1. OllieL

Cupra or Cupra R Front Bumper

Been out the seat game for a while but am expecting to be picking up a pre facelift Cupra up from a mate this week. Have plans of a rear Cupra R bumper with the exhaust hole smoothed out, but am struggling to find an FR/ Cupra front bumper to finish the front end With no classified on here...
  2. OllieL

What do people think?

I know it is not a mk2 Ibiza (but underneath it is a cordy, with a different badge on the front and back) I think it looks facking sweet - and would love to see it with an abf or something tasty added into the mix Anyone thinking of doing something this outlandish to a mk2 Ibiza Ollie
  3. OllieL

ABS Light and Grinding Brakes

Since my undertray fell off I have had an intermittent abs light problem (coming on and off sporadically). When the abs light is off sometimes I have a grinding noise and sensation from the front passenger wheels and in the accelerator pedal when pulling onto off my driveway (slow speed almost...
  4. OllieL

undertray problems

I have just got back in from messing about with the poxy undertray under my car. It must have come loose on my way home and then became caught by the nearside front wheel when entering a roundabout. It got wrapped around my wheel and arch lining and then dragged down the road.. Mine is looking...
  5. OllieL

Removing wing mirror mirror

Just come out the gym and someone has given my passenger wing mirror a knock. Wing mirror itself is unscathed, as it just folded in, However the mirror is now cracked!!! I have a spare passenger wing mirror with a good mirror on it, but how hard are they to remove without smashing the mirror...
  6. OllieL

Spoiler Removal

Was wondering how hard it is to remove the rear spoiler from the bootlid? What kind of mess does it leave behind? How big are the holes? Cheers Ollie
  7. OllieL

Polo Classic Bonnet = Seat Ibiza Bonnet

Quick question in my sleep deprived state A polo classic is the same as a cordoba, just different badges etc? So with this theory a Polo Classic bonnet is the same as a cordoba bonnet, which is the same as a Mk2 Ibiza bonnet? Love Ollie
  8. OllieL

Re-Drilling Hubs

Am looking at trying to fit the 8J rear teledialas on my Ibiza, but am unsure of how I will do this. When I trial fitted them with 20mm adapters I ended up with an offset of et3 (et23 wheel +20mm adapter). Here are the pictures Ways I am thinking of getting them fitted is 1 Camber...
  9. OllieL

Central Locking - Pump Stopped Working

Just been out to my car and realised that the drivers door doesn't lock when the car is locked with the central locking - so i'm thinking that it could just be the pipe/ hose has become disconnected behind the door card??? Where do these hoses run etc in the doors, so I have some idea as to...
  10. OllieL

Fitting Aircon to my GTI

If I could get all the components - how hard would it be to install?? Ollie
  11. OllieL

Oil Leak - 2.0 16v abf

Having serious issues with my motor! Having finished uni and made a few long trips. Have come home and parked the car on my parents drive. Came outside this morning and found a massive oil puddle under the car. Checked the dip stick and the oil was off the end of the stick. Put 2 L in the car...
  12. OllieL

Favourite Rims on a MK2

All I seem to do is waste hours on the internet looking at wheels for my mk2! I think I have about 6 Sets knocking around in the garage at home (to the dismay of my parents - especially as I don't live there for most of the year!!). What are people favourite wheels they have seen on a mk2...
  13. OllieL

ET3 on the back end -Any Ideas how?

Got myself some new wheels sorted for the back of my car Slight Problem is that they are 8J and will work out at an et3 when fitted (I.E. et 23 +20mm Adapter) Was thinking of running some 195 or 205 tyres on them and trying to get them under the arches with a bit of camber. Anyone else have...
  14. OllieL

Removing an ABF Oil Filter - Help Please

Am servicing the GTi today but having a few problems with removing the oil filter (which is in the most stupid place possible). Has anyone had this problem on their abf/16v and got any top tips? Have been lying underneath it using a pair of rubber gloves and used a rubber banded tool, but its...
  15. OllieL

Mk2 to Edition???

Hey guys just thought I would throw it out there and ask who is up for a trip to edition next weekend? Would be nice to put names to faces and chat with a couple of beers. Think I will be there who else ???? Be nice to get some pictures of everyones mk2's together Ollie
  16. OllieL

1.4 Ibiza Won't Start in the Wet

Over the past month the poor 1.4 has started to have the common problems of starting in the wet. The starter motor is doing its job but it just will not fire up - no spark? Its parked facing up quite a steep hill on the drive into the weather that won't help. Where do they normally get...
  17. OllieL

Door Locks

Had a slight problem today. Both of the locks on the 1.4 are now broken, the eyelet on the back of the blade has broken on both. Will the locks from a mk4 polo be any good? Think there is one in a local scrappy, and saves me waiting for lock repair kits from ebay Ollie
  18. OllieL

Airbag Light

Hi Am looking at buying myself a boss and steering wheel to fit onto the cupra. Does anyone have any idea as to how this is done without blowing myself up with the airbag when I remove my current steering wheel? Second point is that the boss will not have the resistor that you need to allow...
  19. OllieL

Fitting BMC CDA

Hi Had my eye on this for a while and won it today on flebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160263168055&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=006 Am looking forward to getting it fitted - glad I held off getting an K&N for my drilled airbox. Know a few people have these...
  20. OllieL

What Size Steering Wheel Boss?

Have decided that the leather rimmed wheel in my cupra is past its best and fancy replacing it with an after market jobbie. Does anyone know the size of boss I need? Ollie
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members