Search results

1. jaketalbot

MK2 owners: Where are you from?

i never see any around my area, fenix was the only other but he's sold his to a chav, he's got a leon now, so i'm all alone in colchester! i see some about when up and down the country. Dunno about everyone else, but i post in the spotted section when seen a cupra but there never on hear!!!! its...
  2. jaketalbot

MAF Meter

the mk'2s are starting to struggle people, can't believe how much is going wrong with them latley! fenix- so its looking like the cps then? let me know when you've got a new one fitted mate.
  3. jaketalbot

Help......Car Problem

its all a bit weird, i've had my coil pack changed just before the winter and it hasn't helped, throttle body cleaned out on both mine and fenix's but were still not running well at all, my car is fine once warmed up but its rubbish in the morning, and when cold. i have to keep the accelarator...
  4. jaketalbot

we need help!!

well i've had the probplem for ages so it makes sense, i think it'll def be working well when i get mine changed over as well. the two mechanics i've spoke to , who are both mates of mine, siad the fuel did ruin the lambda sensors so i trust them, and fenix's car is running better so looks like...
  5. jaketalbot

we need help!!

we think its the lambda sensor, as this controlls amount of fuel going into the injectors etc and we reckon the tesco fuel has messed them up so this is prob the problem. we've had two mechanics say this is the most likley cause. so we'll try that out and go from there....
  6. jaketalbot

we need help!!

me and alex, (fenix) both have the same problemo, basically as we've both explained in the past, our cars are hesitating when accelerating and not pulling as they should, a few people have suggested crank position sensor, but we both can't find it?? please can somone post some pics up of where...
  7. jaketalbot

cambelt....

cheers people, think ill book mine in soon then, should be able to get it done for under 150 as i know a mechanic through me mum!
  8. jaketalbot

cambelt....

when have people changed there cambelts? and at what sort of milage and how much did it cost, think i need mine changed so just want to know how much etc. cheers people.
  9. jaketalbot

got an annoying problem.

ill have to check the dizzy then, hope thats the problem.
  10. jaketalbot

got an annoying problem.

bought some new spark plugs a month or so ago, everything was fine, then my car broke down about 2 weeks after i put the plugs in, nout to do with them, my coil pack had packed up so had to get a new one, since then i've lost power around 2,500 rpm and 3,500 rpm? with my foot down it just...
  11. jaketalbot

Engine cuts after 5000rph

yeah it can change it a bit, although my new cupra is faster than my old one, but no two are the same. you should be able to get it adjusted and sorted but i think that is the problem. you'll need to take it to a garage to find out though. or just leave it and think of it as being unique! but it...
  12. jaketalbot

Engine cuts after 5000rph

my old cupra did this, never found the problem, but i think it may have been a gear box change, and it was never set up properly so it was unsiquenised and didn't rev to the redline, it used to cut out at 5,200 but i wasn't that bothered, as to be fair the 8 valve starts to loose power anywhere...
  13. jaketalbot

Insurance Groups?

not saying i'm right but hears some 'proof' and it seems to me from what i've herd people say is that there gti (non cupra) is cheaper to insure. http://www.parkers.co.uk/insurance/Groups/by-model.aspx?ig=10&model=807 http://www.parkers.co.uk/insurance/Groups/by-model.aspx?ig=11&model=807...
  14. jaketalbot

Magnex 6"x4"

yep i like my magnex, good make, and sounds nice, word of advice, get a really strong small rubber hanger, and put that on it at the back to keep it as high as it will go. as i had the same problem and mine looked too low but now i've shoved a new hanger on it it sits nicely and doesn't look to...
  15. jaketalbot

Insurance Groups?

doesn't make sense to me, as thats what parkers state? and i know there's somone on hear with a red gti 16 valve (non cupra sport) who was having a laught because he siad 'yeah that must be why my car is one of the only 150bhp cars thats insurance group 10' dunno who he is but i remember this...
  16. jaketalbot

failed m.o.t

no of course but it saves paying out for pads as well, when i have'nt got the money. but i get my car m.o.t'd by a friend of my familys, so its always free for re-tests! should have mentioned that! but its the bulb thats annoyed me. hate not having my car. but i'm upgrading to a 20v turbo in the...
  17. jaketalbot

Insurance Groups?

people! the gti 16valve is group 10, because its not a cupra sport! and therefore isn't as vulnerable to being stolen etc. the gti 16 valve cupra sport is group 14. and the 8 valve cupra sport is 11. i've never herd of them fluctuating between groups. but who knows. but thats the paper figures...
  18. jaketalbot

failed m.o.t

i new one would fail, because tread was boarderline, but the only reason the other did was it had a bulge in the side of it, which i didn't know about, i always put it in to the m.o.t without doing anything, just to see if i can get it through without sorting things out which might not need it...
  19. jaketalbot

failed m.o.t

failed on both front tyres, and head lights dipping to low, and i need a whole new headlight, as the one they ordered was for all ibiza's except the cupras! so i've gotta fork out even more money! and the two front tyres set me back 130 quid and that was the cheapest i could find. wont get the...
  20. jaketalbot

what a story!! i'm a lucky boy!

well i had my m.o.t on saturday, and beleive it or not all my brake pads were ok, they were on the advisory list, but they passed!! he did say the rear brake discs are 'starting' to corrode. but i failed on my headlights dipping to low, and i need a new headlight on the near side, as it's broken...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members