Search results

1. Coolant leak:loss from coolant t s ?

Hi mate, it was slowly pouring out from the cts and or the elbow joint beneath it. It lost enough coolant to Take the level below the min line by a bit. I've been and bought a cts from GSF, it was the dearer of the two on offer there. I've fitted it today before work but it didn't go to plan...
  2. Coolant leak:loss from coolant t s ?

Excellent thanks very much! I was going to go to gsf in the morning but may now go to seat dealer instead! I'm not sure which coolant is in at the moment, it's pink in colour so could be the vw stuff? I'll top it up as needed as Im sure i won't be able to swap them over quickly enough! Thanks...
  3. Coolant leak:loss from coolant t s ?

Hi everyone, went out to my leon and just noticed it's got a leak from the clip area on the coolant sensor at least that's what I think ? Does it sound viable that this sensor is failing and loosing coolant in this manner? I don't think there is a hole in any of the hoses in this area. I...
  4. Pictures of your Mk1. 3 pictures max.

Hi, thanks ! DSCN5584 by harryvr6, on Flickr
  5. Pictures of your Mk1. 3 pictures max.

www.flickr.com/photos/28626000@N06/sets/72157627476881397/ Hope this works please have a look I'd be interested in people's comments please, cheers 20v roper.
  6. Exhaust manifold: tell tale noise?

Hi chaps, just checking if anyone knows if a mani from an Ibiza k03s will fit the Leon mk1? I presume it will as its the same turbo? Cheers 20v roper.
  7. Exhaust manifold: tell tale noise?

Hi all, thanks for the replies. I haven't done a smoke test yet, I'm hoping it's the manifold in a way, I did drive the car for longer than I should have really with the mount broken (I didn't know it was a mount but I should have really). The motor sounded gruff and although it was boosting it...
  8. Exhaust manifold: tell tale noise?

Hello all, It was suggested to me recently by my mechanic that my exhaust manifold was possibly cracked. I took my car in as I was experiencing a knocking noise and the car wasn't driving as it should, this was correctly diagnosed as a snapped dog bone mount. He said on the test drive he...
  9. Oh no.

Thanks mate, it's a bit 'gruff' to drive and doesn't sound right! Just what I didn't need. Can't seem to get through a January unscathed these days! Thanks 20vroper.
  10. Oh no.

Hi I've seen 'smoke' in very cold weather but I've put this down to start up conditions especially when sat in traffic. It's only today I thought I could hear a police siren in the distance but then I realised it was my car. I'll see how or goes, or will be ok to drive gently do you think ...
  11. Oh no.

Hi, who does the recon items then please? I've been looking in the classifieds, I've seen a few over rhe months but I didn't need one then! Could I get mine reconditioned at all? Thanks, 20v roper.
  12. Oh no.

Hi mate, my car has just done 104k and it's a petrol cupra.
  13. Oh no.

Hi all, I've been away for a while due to other commitments but I've still got the mk1 cupra. It's been faultless but when I left work this afternoon I heard what I thought was a police siren in the distance, I work on a dodgy part of Manchester and it's the theme tune to life round there...
  14. 1.8T sounds like a Dyson when starting from cold? A Secondary Air Pump repair guide

Hi great guide this, the previous owner of my car removed the sai but didn't fit the resistor I don't think as I've got the eml light on. Car sounds meaty on first start up and people comment on it's noise but I really should fit the resistor I think. Is a 330 ohm item ok to use then? Thanks 20v...
  15. Private Plate.....what do you think ?

I've got A9 VUU on my vr6, was thinking of putting it on my cupra even though it's irrelevant car wise, but I kind of like showing how old my car is rather than trying to hide it's age, in my case my cupra is a 51 reg.
  16. LC180 with toyosport catback (vids)

Thanks chaps, something to think about that.
  17. LC180 with toyosport catback (vids)

Hi, how much do these cobra systems cost out of interest? Sounds great that !
  18. Where is the horn on a lc 180?!

Your a good man thank you, if I get time I'll try it tomorrow. I have a feeling the connectors may be different but we'll see, cheers.
  19. Where is the horn on a lc 180?!

Hello all, I picked up a couple of stebel horns from a Porsche breakers yesterday hopefully for fitting to my leon. Can anyone tell me where the horn unit is located on a lc180 please? Should it be easy to fit the new ones do you think? Hopefully they might sound a bit better than my weedy leon...