Search results

1. dlm2310

Turning off Rear Wiper ?

Hi Does anybody know if the rear wiper can be disengaged through VAG COM from when selecting reverse gear whilst front wipers are on ? Dealer saying they don't think it can but the problem I had was that it engaged whilst cycle rack was on back of the car and because the motor must have...
  2. dlm2310

Ipod Altea 2007 console connectivity

Yep mines CUP - thanks for the info, will take a look at your link
  3. dlm2310

Ipod Altea 2007 console connectivity

Hi I've got a 10 reg XL SE with USB in centre console like yourself. I previously had an ipod shuffle (the old stick type) plugged into the USB and worked fine. My wife got me a brand new ipod for my birthday and there I was like yourself thinking I could just plug it in using the lead to the...
  4. dlm2310

New Altea XL owner!

You will be but my point was that for the sake of twenty quid it would have been worth paying because if that pump goes when the warranty is finished then it will cost you plenty !
  5. dlm2310

New Altea XL owner!

Did they do the water pump ?
  6. dlm2310

New Altea XL owner!

It's always been 4 years as long as I can remember unless you did 80k before. Whoever told you 40k was talking bollocks !
  7. dlm2310

New Altea XL owner!

Ok let me clear the cambelt issue up as there seems to be numerous opinions. According to my handbook (Altea XL SE 2010) the cambelt change is 4 yrs or 80,000 miles whichever is sooner. Yes 4 yrs is early if you have low miles and you can risk it but if it goes it will be VERY costly. I...
  8. dlm2310

Altea with conenience pack fog lights on when reversing

I don't think this feature is exclusive to the convenience pack. My 10 reg Altea XL has it as part of the cornering fog light function. I thought it was illegal to have fogs on when it is not foggy but for some reason it seems like car manufacturers have got round it. It is annoying but...
  9. dlm2310

finally persuaded the missus....

Hi I had an 05 Stylance before I got my 10 XL and it definately had rear tinted windows as standard but no rain sensors. They could have been put through and replaced ?
  10. dlm2310

1.9 TDI timing belt

It's 60k or 4 years so he's got 9k left on it
  11. dlm2310

got pulled over AGAIN! Cornering Foglights!

Hey, I love cars............................I was only answering a question :D
  12. dlm2310

Clock Question

You don't have the shitty cornering fogs for a start that you can't switch off. You probably have a decent coming home function, the new models are not as good. Auto dimming mirror on my Stylance yet I get a bog standard mirror on a SE ? Just a few things
  13. dlm2310

Clock Question

Sorry !!! Believe me that is one of the better features, there are plenty of other things which were better on my old Stylance !!!
  14. dlm2310

Clock Question

The latest models have a static clock
  15. dlm2310

Google Rocco Siffredi :-o
  16. dlm2310

Ok - a tad of an exaggeration !!
  17. dlm2310

I'm going to take some convincing. How did people corner before these were invented ? Also did you know they both come on when you engage reverse ? What's all that about, again very annoying when you are reversing looking towards oncoming traffic and you dazzle them !!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.