Search results

1. what has happened to 'The Old Boy'?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum. I followed his build closely although have been off this forum for a few months and now cant seem to find it.
  2. 1.5TSI EVO Tuning

My car is a lease car and is the 130ps model rather than the 150ps. i am not expecting to turn it into a performance car but feel that with around another 30ps or so it would be a nicer car for daily use. Ideally i'd like some form of OBD solution that can easily be added and removed, think...
  3. 2016 FR. Will it have adaptive cruise?

As per title I’ve just bought a 2016/66 (registered end of Nov 16) FR 184 TDI and pick it up Thursday. It’s got a couple of nice extras pan roof, black pack (roof,mirrors and wheels) and I am wondering as to whether it will have adaptive cruise control. Can anyone help?
  4. A LEON FR tdi or the equivalent A3??

I’m not sure as to whether I am asking in the right place for an unbiased answer but here goes..... I’ve pretty well always had VAG cars my loyalty is to VAG rather than to any of the individual brands and I’ve had VW’s,Audi’s,SEAT’s and Skoda’s infact numerous of each. I’ve currently got a...
  5. How do I tell 150 & 184 TDI’s at a glance?

I’m looking at both although all other things being equal would prefer a 184bhp FR. How do I easily and quickly differentiate between the two? I know that the more powerful model has bigger front brakes and independent rear suspension although I’m sure the latter would only be obvious from...
  6. TDI How many miles is too many?

I’m still on the fence between 150/184ps power outputs. The bigger brakes and more sophisticated rear suspension appeal to the geek in me although the reality of my 20 mile commute on congested roads is I would probably struggle to notice the difference. I think I’m going to buy on condition...
  7. Used FR Diesel 150 or 184bhp??

As per the title really. I’ve been away from SEAT for a few years and due to a change of circumstances I’m coming out of a company car (MK7.5 GolfR) and am now looking to run my own car again. I’ll be doing approx 20k miles p.a. Mostly motorway and dual carriageway entirely at my own expense...
  8. Track toy

I'm looking to run a 2nd car for the odd A/B road blast and maybe a track day or two. I was looking at either a mk4 Ibiza TDI Sport/FR or a mk1 Fabia VRS as I've been a 'diesel man' for quite a few years and run a TDI mk2 Fabia as a daily. On reflection I think I'm better off with a petrol...
  9. The most suitable 'platform' for a fun road/track day car with PD130?

Also posted elsewhere,so apologies if anyone has come across this on Briskoda! I am up for a 2nd car for fun cross country blasts and maybe the occasional track excursion. I haven't owned a car with a 1.9PD130bhp engine for a few years and with the march of time assumed that I would not...
  10. Ecomotive 1.9TDI or 1.6TDI??

I am looking to return to the fold. My last SEAT was a 2008 Leon FR 170 TDI, since which time ive had a couple of VAG cars including a Jetta and a Passat. Most recently ive had a mk3 MX5 2.0 Sport which is great fun although not very fast. I intend to keep the MX5 for weekends/fun and get a...
  11. G12 coolant and mixing it

I have a 2001 Toledo 1.9 TDI 110 BHP, about 8 months ago i started to have problems with a gradual loss of coolant i kept topping up with water and eventully added a product called k seal which seemed to cure the problem. Driving to work today in minus 12 degrees and snow firstly i noticed...
  12. Toledo coolant loss!

Hi i wonder if anyone can help. I have a mk2 Toledo 1.9 TDI 110BHP which seems to be running fine although is loosing coolant at a slow rate. Ive topped up(water) about a pint in the last 6/8 weeks. There are no obvious signs of leaks and the oil does not appear to be contaminated any ideas...
  13. Looking to get an ebay cable

As the title really. I may at a later date buy a genuine Ross-tech cable but i fancy having a play with a cheap one first. My current car is a 2001 Toledo TDI and my initial question is i plan to use my Eee pc 701 netbook which doesnt have an optical drive, i know that i can download a...
  14. 2001/51 1.9 tdi se

About to hand my Leon FR TDI back to the lease company and had been looking to buy an Altea Sport. However my father in law has, at the same time, done a deal with a local main dealer to buy their Altea XL demonstrator and has offered me his Toledo which has done approx 98k miles with him as the...
  15. 1.9 or 2.0 TDI ?

The time has come to return my current lease car a LEON 2.0 TDi FR and i have decided to buy a car this time. I fancy an ALTEA it must be a diesel as i have a 55 mile round trip commute. I am not looking for a high performance car( more about that in a minute) so the priority is economy,however...
  16. Fr tdi first service

My car has done 8400 miles and service indicator tells me that a service is due in 800 miles ! On this basis my car will have only covered 9200 miles i was under the impression that servicing is fixed at 10000 miles intervals, is this normal? On a slightly different note can anyone recomend a...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.