Search results

1. mattcogg1981

Burnt out dash

Yeah it seems it is quite a common fault although no dealer will admit! BBA said now it is unrepairable although it had a 2 year warranty 4 days ago which is annoying. They have refunded me the cost of repair but I still have to go and buy a new dash at £380. Even more annoyingly I am again...
  2. mattcogg1981

Burnt out dash

Well after much research I got my dash re-conditioned by BBA Reman so in all cost me around £300 with fitting, postage and re-fitting. 4 days after I got the dash back the same problem occured. I spoke to BBA Reman as you get a 2 year warranty and they will repair it. However it will still cost...
  3. mattcogg1981

Burnt out dash

Hi all, Driving home last week and my digital readings on my dash went blank and my dash froze completely. My power steering seem to be affected but the rest of the car, lights etc continued to work. When I stopped the car it would not restart and the dash lights stayed on and were frozen. I...
  4. mattcogg1981

Steering Pump

It works! It works! It works.... Thanks to all that helped. It took only an hour to fit and do and works like a dream! Apparently when they took the old pump out it had no fluid so it must of been totally screwed as it got topped on the service. Anyway so nice to have power steering back...
  5. mattcogg1981

Steering Pump

Yeah had a quick look at the one on my car and they look similar. I think I will mention how to access the pump tomorrow when I drop it in. Hoping it will take 2 hours tops!!! Dropping it in at 8am but I know something else is bound to go wrong it has been a nightmare! Fingers crossed and...
  6. mattcogg1981

Steering Pump

Hi all, I got the pump delivered today and it "looks" ok so far. Can people take a look at the pictures and see what they think. It is for a Mk4 Seat Ibiza Tdi 130 03 plate. It has the markings of a TRW pump as mentioned above. Being fitted at garage tomorrow just really hoping it doesn't...
  7. mattcogg1981

Steering Pump

Ok right I ordered a pump from BBA RECON and they did NOT ask for a part number/VIN/REG or anything. The part numbers on my pump are as follows: The top code on the silver reads 6Q0423156M Below that on a sticky label were two more codes they were: 6Q1423051 AD 6Q2423051 R I am really...
  8. mattcogg1981

Steering Pump

Thanks RUM4MO you have been really helpful, I do not get a fault code at all on the dash and has been scanned (not by SEAT) and not fault code was displayed. The steering has been slowly getting worse and kind off jinks now and then. I am hoping this all points towards a steering pump...
  9. mattcogg1981

Steering Pump

Thanks guys, You were totally right this wasn't the right one! I just spoke to them and they said they didn't realise I wanted a hydro electric pump! How annoying is that! Anyway after taking the wheel and trim off I found it and now have a part number as well which helps. They may have one...
  10. mattcogg1981

Steering Pump

Got the pic up now! Looks nothing like the one I have! How sure are you? They said it was off a mk4 ibiza! Matt
  11. mattcogg1981

Steering Pump

How sure are you? Can't seem to get pic to come up? Have you got another one? They "said" it was off a Mk4 Ibiza? Matt
  12. mattcogg1981

Steering Pump

Hi all, Got pump today and attached a few pics to see if anyone can help identify if it is the right pump. Really don't want to get it fitted unless sure. Can anyone help?
  13. mattcogg1981

Steering Pump

Thanks guys, Used a few websites and sourced myself a second hand pump for £50! It arrived this morning but and came with a 3 month warranty. Without sounding stupid has anyone got a part code or pic so I can make sure it is definitely the right one? Anywhere of definitely telling? Matt
  14. mattcogg1981

Steering Pump

Hi all, Wondered if anyone can help. My power steering has been going for a while and thought it was fluid levels. After a service the guy said that it wasn't the levels and went about checking any possible cause. Basically the steering pump is faulty and needs replacing. The part alone costs...
  15. mattcogg1981

Mk4s in Australia?

My friend e-mailed the import/export guy in Oz and they said they have not had SEATs since 1999! What a bummer and more fool them! Be cool to have the only mk4 in Oz though!
  16. mattcogg1981

Mk4s in Australia?

Hi, Friend of mine is going to Australia and wants to buy one when he gets out there. I have found used cars such as Mk2 and Mk3 but no new cars. Does anyone know if they have SEAT dealerships in Australia? I have found VW, Skoda and Audi dealers but no SEAT. Exporting one out costs about a...
  17. mattcogg1981

2.0 Sport

Don't get a 2.0 8V no offense if anyone owns one - I had mine a couple of months and changed it for Tdi130 - best decision of my life! lol
  18. mattcogg1981

Taunton/Bridgwater Meet 9th Feb

Great day everyone - shame more people didn't come to the gorge! Sounded awesome through there - good to see everyone again!
  19. mattcogg1981

Prices paid for older Mk4 TDI Sports ?

I bought mine 6 months ago - 53 plate Tdi 130 - 23,000 on clock for £6,000
  20. mattcogg1981

What is the procedure for reseting the addometer from kms back to miles?

I had this problem on my Mk4 Ibiza as well. I had to take it to the dealers to get it changed which they did free of charge! Not sure about the service lights probelem though!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members