Search results

1. ASV Tuning Questions

SMIC will heatsoak like hell - it did it on the PD130 Fabia vRS and although you can vent the wheel arch (which will help a tad), a proper FMIC is definitely the way to go in the end :)
  2. running without remap...?

clutch & oil cooler, manifold, FMIC should all be fine. Not quite so sure about the injectors, turbo & MAP sensor for quite that long though.
  3. hybrid turbos

Fitting the turbo should be pretty easy going, one or two bolts on the manifold are a tad interesting to get to but it isn't that bad. I would use a custom map for sure, to make the most out of it :)
  4. hybrid turbos

I would give TurboDynamics a call direct, they were very friendly to me when I did that at the time, and they will be able to advise which turbo is right for your car/engine [B)]
  5. 5 speed to 6 speed gear box:confused:

To be fair, you probably *could* pick up a car with the 6 speed box for that, possibly one that has been involved in a big crash of some sort, and use the gearbox/clutch/linkage etc from that. Not sure how much it would save you though if you have to add labour, DIY really saves you a darn...
  6. Maximum Power from a PD100 Engine

If you want to keep the cost low, you'll probably want to stick with a remap and get 140-150ish bhp out IIRC. You can get a lot more if you swap injectors & turbo over too, so it depends if you can get them cheap or not.
  7. RPM gear change after remap

It is power at the wheels, not calculated power at the engine in 1 gear that matters though, so it does not give you all the info you need.
  8. RPM gear change after remap

Depends on grip mostly - 1st will just light up the wheels, 2nd ditto when flat out, 3rd is weather dependant etc. I tend to change up to 2nd sharpish, using 1st just to get the car rolling. 2nd give it as much as it will take, then 3rd being as smooth as possible and rev it up to at least 4k...
  9. Getting Hybrid treatment !!!

The suspension upgrades are well worthwhile, if you dont do them, just be a bit more cautious, bumps are not particularly great for the standard setup during fast cornering
  10. 1.9TDi vs 1.6 (+ questions!)

The 1.4TSI can be tuned a lot more than the 1.6 though - certainly would not discount a test drive in that one too :)
  11. Fabia vRS estate

Hehehe - yummmmm :D Top job, can't wait to drive her :thumbup:
  12. Engine Oil Colour Straight After Service

It will be black again pretty much, and to the best of my knowledge is perfectly normal :)
  13. Fabia vRS estate

There are a few minor things to be done still, but first priority is to get her running so I can get to work/customers more easily again. EGR delete pipe has gone missing, so things depend a little on whether we find it back (long story, lots of moving of bits, lots of other unrelated junk)...
  14. Fabia vRS estate

Awesome 'techie' on the job, plus awesome detailing. Superb job all round. It is even more exciting than when I first got the Fabia vRS - this one is properly unique, and expertly built :)
  15. New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

Posted up the linky - pedrosousa cant post http links yet due to post count http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3710/dsc00238cb3.jpg
  16. New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

I think you explained it well ;) If the vanes close totally the exhaust gasses are virtually blocked, changing the stop screw setting a bit prevents them from closing quite so much. This means EMPs are reduced, but also you'll get less ability to use every last bit of energy from the exhaust...
  17. 2.0TSi downpipe is released by AWE (+15bhp)

Looks like they did their homework, and will be a nice upgrade ;)
  18. Fabia vRS estate

The pre-swap front bumper was a bumper from Devonutopia which was more of a DIY job (and it was replaced by him as part of a general overhaul of his own awesome PD100->PDxxx conversion ;)) Although the big mouth on that worked, it was less slick than the proper vRS bumper. My number plate was...
  19. more power again

Worth posting up a linky ?
  20. Who to remap

Sound advise that Borisvanhalen :)
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise