Search results

1. LDoR

lcr how much are they worth?

Mods wise for the engine it is just revo stage 1 and a Forge 007 DV. The tourque is quite peaky (from the two dyno graphs i have) but i'm told that it would be a less severe spike on the road as the intercoolers would work better. Pulls like a beast though, the most devestating overtaking...
  2. LDoR

lcr how much are they worth?

I'll be selling mine soon as i'm going for either an S3 or R32 as a replacement and also going on a welding class so that i can build a locost sports car :)
  3. LDoR

how long to idle in the morning before setting off?

I read in a question and answer in evo recently that what you should do after you start up is rev your engine a few times. This has the effect of slpashing oil around the engine (i assume they where talking specifically about the sump) and putting some heat into the engine. This is safe to do on...
  4. LDoR

By hand and water marks

Best way to avoid those water marks is to use a water balde followed by a micro fibre cloth like the water magnet from meguiers. I know people go on about water blades being risky but if you wash the blade (i put the hose on a jet and squirt into the blade) then you are not going to have a...
  5. LDoR

LCR Gearbox

No, i can find it slow too. Not so much slow though as ocasinally it will crunch when i try and push it across. Doesn't seem to matter what i do with the clutch either. I don't think its a VAG problem more of SEAT build qualit problem, probably when pedro puts the linkage together as i've...
  6. LDoR

Merry f***ing christmas #2

Something similar happend to me not to long ago. Big swipe next to the rear arch on the plastic bumper. Hell of a mess. Oddly i didn't get angry, just felt a kind of resigned depression hit me, think that means it's time to change the car, once i get the damage fixed. But yes, people who do...
  7. LDoR

What's wrong with a chamois leather then?

I don't know about anybody else but i find that a water blade is really fast an effective way of drying your car. It's best used on big flat surfaces like the roof, bonnet and windows but will do door panels as well. I know alot of people worry about grit but so long as you rinse your car down...
  8. LDoR

Top Gear Review of Leon TFSI FR

I read his review of the Cupra R and he spent half of it complaining about the spanish fishing industry hurting the british fishing industry. What relvance that has to the car i have no idea. He also managed to crash it when leaving his house which upset him apparantly. Must have bent his...
  9. LDoR

Back end squirming under heavy breaking

Ok, continuation of my question. Garage man said the brakes had 3-4mm left in the pads which he said was enough but i'm sure the pads are at least twice that tickness. I'm sure i replaced my fronts with more on them than that. And the disks have about a 1mm lip on them (each face). If i...
  10. LDoR

Yes the temptation to spend money on the LCR pulls hard on me. I've had thoughts that if i can't find a Noble at the right price that i should go down the IHI + torsen diff route (+ breathing updgrades). Along with that i would think strut braces, new suspension and some big 6-pot AP racing brakes.
  11. LDoR

Hmmm, hard to know what to think. I spose i'll try and have them looked at, they might need changing anyway. I supose what i felt is more down to the horrid FWD weight balance with everything sat over the front wheels. I supose if i want to have a stable back end under heavy braking i need...
  12. LDoR

Lo all, Question for all you Cupra R owners here. Over the weekend i was doing some spirited driving when i had to apply quite a bit of heft to the brakes (not fulll pressure mind) as some on coming traffic had decided that overtaking with me heading towards them would be a bad idea...
  13. LDoR

Trying to find a replacment speaker gril cover for my rear doors

Hi all, Had a little accident in the back of the car with a lose bit of wood (i know how that might sound to some of you), which smashed into the rear passenger side speaker grill, making a big mess of it. Luckily it seems to have taken the damage and protected the speaker cone. Called IMG...
  14. LDoR

Failed MOT

When mine failed due to me stretching the life of the tyres too far and a broken exhaust bracket they retested mine for free.
  15. LDoR

Window Wiper problems...smearing

Do your new wipers have a 'wing' on them? That is supossed to keep the blades pressed down onto the window at speed but you only get it on one of them (drivers side i think from the top of my head). If you haven't then you've got the wrong wipers for your car. If they do have a wing, dig...
  16. LDoR

The R will soon have to go

Scott, does that model Ibiza have height adjustable seats for the fronts? I've driven curtesy cars that where Ibizas and i'm only an average 6' but still had my head firmly wedged to the roof. Found it really uncomfortable. Anyway, hope you have a good experience with it, and sorry to hear...
  17. LDoR

OPTIMAX fuel

Evo did a comparission between all the different fuel types and voted Optimax as their fav. Compared to BP Ultimate it pulled harder all the way up the revs but wasn't so good low down. I would have to back up this statment as i have had the same experience. I really notice a difference when...
  18. LDoR

As a performance guide...

Thats why you have a bag to hold them all in... gee, some people you just have to explain every little thing to them. 225, you must have some interesting tales of anhialating others off the lights with your V8.
  19. LDoR

Headlight adjusters, are they both motorised?

I can't be bothered to get into an argument about how wrong you are :bleh:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise