Search results

1. Timberwolf

Some advice please?

hmm..it doesn't heat up at 100, stays 90. I get heat from the fans im out of idea's So far the car is behaving so I hope it was the MAF. We will only see after a few days. Thanks
  2. Timberwolf

Some advice please?

Ok, new MAF has gone in but won't notice the difference straight away I heard. The ECU will learn to work with the new ECU? Couldn't use vag com because my sisters infected my latop with aids :( As for the temperature going up and down. Put in a new CTS and that didn't seem to fix the dial...
  3. Timberwolf

Some advice please?

Hi Alex, Yeah the MK1 LCR has Climate Control I found the section in the forum which tells you how to access it, Code Display value is 51 according to the guide. Its a late MK1 LCR with engine code BAM so yes its a 225. I will give it a go tomorrow. I hope its MAF or CTS or both because it...
  4. Timberwolf

Some advice please?

oh another p.s, what should be looking for in terms of a "normal" reading from the MAF. I think I know where the CTS is on the 1.8 20v blocks but is it different on the LCR? any links would be nice... Thank you!
  5. Timberwolf

Some advice please?

Just a quick update. New MAF ready to go in tomorrow (been b*ll's deep in work lately). Stuck on the VCDS-Lite shareware at lunch and found the same old fault codes come up with a scan, even though the EML isn't showing up yet. I disconnected the MAF an run the car about for a bit. Don't think...
  6. Timberwolf

Some advice please?

No mate, I will give it a go tomorrow, having a late night tonight at work. Thanks.
  7. Timberwolf

Some advice please?

Thanks Alex, yeah it's easy to get it reset, there is a place down iver, not far from me, that does ECU remaps and they also reverse to standard map too (at a charge) Just a quick update, after the fault code cleared. The car ran fine for a day and now i am getting no boost. I have gone ahead...
  8. Timberwolf

Some advice please?

Thanks Alex, I will try it next time it sets off the EML I believe the problem is something obvious but i don't want to throw away money just for the sake of fault finding. My mate who does VAG servicing told me it might be down to the remap. Thing is I had the remap done over 4 years ago...
  9. Timberwolf

Some advice please?

At the moment its running fine, boosting fine. Should I wait till the car starts running as before (no boost) and then disconnect the MAF? I have never tried it to be fair mate, how does it work? what should i expect?
  10. Timberwolf

Some advice please?

Had the fault codes read, exact same codes as before. Something else happened just after taking it for a spin. Arrived at a junction, in neutral, standing there for about a 30 seconds, when suddenly the car just stalled. The rev's were dropping to about 500. Turned the key and started fine...
  11. Timberwolf

Some advice please?

Nothing yet, I am about to get the fault codes. Last time the codes came up, I was told the egt error is probably secondary to whatever reason it is the car is running rich. What are you thinking? new EGT sensor?
  12. Timberwolf

Some advice please?

Thanks, I have a thermostat ready to go in. I kinda knew it was the thermostat because I read something like this on here before. The EML is back again, driving like a grandad on the M4 before it came on. I will get try getting the fault codes, my geuss would be the same as before because...
  13. Timberwolf

Some advice please?

Hi peeps, I haven't been having much luck on my LCR. Instead of chucking money at it replacing possible part I just wanted some advice to find the likely cause. Story starts 2 weeks ago when I noticed the car wasn't giving me that kick when the turbo spools up. I was following a vw golf...
  14. Timberwolf

Amateur Racing

Thanks mate, this is great. I ran this by the others and they are really keen on the Golf GTI championship. Most of us agree, this is the one for us but there is always one who's not sure. We'r going through the regulations, which doesn't look too bad to be fair. I am hoping company...
  15. Timberwolf

Amateur Racing

I was looking at a 106gti or A Saxo VTS but the others didn't like the idea :shrug: The car will be stored at our work, its a locked car park with 24/7 CCTV. One of the guys already has a trailer so thats something we can save on. I know what you mean by not going crazy on the mods, we know...
  16. Timberwolf

Amateur Racing

Hi guys, Me and 4 other collegues are looking to buy and ready a cheap track day car. Our idea is to buy a cheapish fast road car such as a MK1 or MK2 VW golf, strip it out, put in a roll cage, upgrade the brakes, suspensions, tyres and maybe tune the engine for a few more BHP. Can...
  17. Timberwolf

Central Locking Problem

Worth a bash, thanks mate.
  18. Timberwolf

Central Locking Problem

I was going to take it to the Camberley Service Centre to have it checked out. I can't make it though, too busy tomorrow lunch. Is there a way of taking the door card off while it is shut?
  19. Timberwolf

Central Locking Problem

I have been defeated. Tried hitting the door, any harder, then I would be damaging the bodywork. Still no joy. Im going to book it in with the dealers and get them to use the VAG-com. Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will let you know what it was.
  20. Timberwolf

Central Locking Problem

lol, worth a go, if all else fails, use force. Thanks mate
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise