Search results

1. Looking after paintwork

Same here ... then again my current wheels are 16 Spoke Alfa Romeo wheels (Alfa GT). I never use the pressure washer or any type of harsh chemical, just a sponge and car shampoo, then some polish, and some wheel sealant.
  2. Looking after paintwork

It depends which ones you use ... the Poorboys waxes and sealants can be applied on top of each other as they bond together well. I'm sure I read on a detailing forum a while ago that to add extra depth they recommended sealant-wax-sealant-wax.
  3. Looking after paintwork

Snow foam Rinse Wash (two bucket method) Rinse Dry Machine Polish with a light pad and filler polish Glaze Wax x2 Sealant Depending on the age of the car you might also want to give it a claying. As everyone above has said, keep away from the standard hand car washes - they're the best way to...
  4. Autocar - Cupra 300 4wd HATCH?

I'm guessing they've got their wires crossed somewhere ... thought it was only the estate getting 4wd? http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/seat-leon-cupra-all-wheel-drive-300bhp-super-hatch-confirmed-2017
  5. Best place to find used cupras

I'm relying on AutoTrader unfortunately. Few 280s around, very few reasonably priced 290s. If they're undervaluing your car, remind them of the following : 1.) Facelifted Leon is out early next year, which will devalue any 290s on their forecourt. 2.) Cupra 300 is due out early next year...
  6. what have you done to your car today ?

Sold it ... Goes on Saturday. Now to find something dieselly.
  7. To sell or not to sell (Cupra R)?

Ok, so is there something wrong with my ad or the price? Not getting a huge amount of interest ... I hoped that with the condition, mileage and money that had been spent on it I'd get a fair bit of genuine interest, but it seems not. I've now listed it on eBay :-( Edit : Ok, its not the...
  8. what have you done to your car today ?

Thoroughly cleaned the interior, repaired a scuff in one of my door cards
  9. Cupra r or fr +?

Yep, that's right, no dpf :-) Maps up to around 190bhp with little fuss ... Will probably need a new clutch soon after though!
  10. Cupra r or fr +?

£145 I think ...
  11. what have you done to your car today ?

Fitted a Fabia style rear wiper finally ... And adjusted the washer jet. Fun times!
  12. Cupra r or fr +?

In that case, go with the Cupra R ... the smile it'll put on your face will be priceless! Genuinely awesome cars, even the missus likes mine as it's big, safe, and does everything you could ever want a car to do. Handling and stopping are in a different league even to the 'standard' Cupra...
  13. Cupra r or fr +?

Hmmm ... Difficult one that. The diesel will no doubt give you much better mpg than the Cupra R - I have the R at the moment and am averaging about 32mpg on a tank. It depends on your route, driving style etc as to what you'll get out of it, as I have seen up to 40mpg on a good long motorway...
  14. From 5w30 to 5w40.

Makes sense ... I would have thought that a higher weight / thicker oil would be better for a high mileage car as thinner oils tend to evaporate easily, and find any way out they possibly can! Obviously a higher mileage engine would be more susceptible to this. I could be completely wrong though!
  15. To sell or not to sell (Cupra R)?

Hopefully not, although I'm not in a rush to sell... If it doesn't go I'll bite the fuel bullet and keep running it :-) Really is close to immaculate, very proud of it. Even had comments from strangers before about how good it looks.
  16. To sell or not to sell (Cupra R)?

Now up for sale : http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=422641
  17. Advice on buying a DV

I didn't think they were a stock item at ECP ... I ended up buying used from eBay, then buying a service kit. Cost me about £65 in total.
  18. To sell or not to sell (Cupra R)?

Pm'd. Gave it a good clean today and taken loads of photos of all the good and bad points. Hopefully get a for sale thread sorted over the weekend, but its looking very busy at the moment!
  19. To sell or not to sell (Cupra R)?

Agreed. The plan is to spend no more on the replacement than what I get for the Leon, hopefully less. All depends on whether it sells tbh. Still very much 50/50, only the right price would force me to sell.
  20. To sell or not to sell (Cupra R)?

I see what you mean! Just had a look and some of the prices are incredible! Ok, mine may be a 53 plate as opposed to a 54/05, but taking into account the mileage and excellent condition it should be worth a fair bit still, and should hold onto its value. Had a great drive home which makes...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.