Search results

1. Gregor

Alhambra Second Speed

"Second Speed" is an option to show your alternate speed in the digital dash ; you would normally enable this if you were spending some time driving in Europe, for example. Basically, it saves you having to keep an eye on dials and calculate your speed from MPH to KPH. I think what you might...
  2. Gregor

Heated Mirrors

Yeah - but then how would I know if I'm driving with the window open? :)
  3. Gregor

Heated Mirrors

Mind and turn the knob when they have de-misted ; it doesn't turn off and your busybody Ecotrainer will give you grief about it.
  4. Gregor

Maps on "new" SD card not working :(

Hmmm. That's got me stumped ; mines is MIB2 I just downloaded the updates via...
  5. Gregor

Maps on "new" SD card not working :(

I updated the Maps on my wife's Leon and ended up screwing it up as it turned out she didn't have MapCare. Fortunately there's a way around it (I had kept a backup): Basically: Copy this file from your existing Maps card: maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS onto your new Maps card (e.g. replacing...
  6. Gregor

No difference in engine/power from normal to sport? (Leon FR184)

Deffo the case. How do I know? Car was in for service yesterday. Went to pick it up, gear indicator in the instrument cluster said D, but the drive select button was glowing orange. Pressed it, car told me it was in Sport mode. I never put it in Sport mode! Somebody clearly enjoyed the...
  7. Gregor

This has got me wondering now, if ECUs (or whatever witchcraft is inside cars these days) are programmed to compensate for the driver trying to rag it before a breaking in period.
  8. Gregor

I can vouch for those experiences - except for the 75mpg. I did get 65 going to Blackpool once with 4 people on board. Also I like that if you need a little pip in Eco mode without going for kickdown then you can snick the DSG into S for the duration. That's quite a nice feature.
  9. Gregor

5 mpg could very well be a difference caused by it being a new car, or different rolling resistance in the tyres. Certainly we were getting 46 mpg average in our 2015 FR184 until I replaced the factory-fitted Bridgestones with some all season tyres - went up to 55 mpg which had me checking...
  10. Gregor

Best thing about Eco mode is the coasting feature (assuming you have a DSG gearbox) which is the same as bunging the car into neutral. It's really useful for around towns or if you're out in the sticks and you're on rolling hills etc. One for the hypermilers ... The coasting feature never...
  11. Gregor

2017 FR oil change

Oil change schedule for the Leon is 10,000 miles or 1 yr ; if you're doing a radge-bongo amount of miles in the year then you can request long-life which will increase the distance and reduce the frequency of the changes, but it's the general consensus is that it is safer to change the oil more...
  12. Gregor

Owned vs Leased ratio

Aye - there's rules about that. You can't purchase a vehicle you leased, but *coughs* a close relative could. Considering buy the wife's Leon SC when it goes back ... until I saw the spec of the new Ibiza FR DSG. That's a cracking looking motor.
  13. Gregor

Sound Actuator for 1.4?

Until now, I thought the actuator was only in the the diesel FR until 2014 : http://www.oemepc.com/seat/part_single/catalog/se/markt/E/modell/LE/year/2013/drive_standart/754/hg_ug/906/subcategory/906025/part_id/1411302/lang/e Here's Automann-TV with a 2014 Golf GTD (Soundaktor fitted as...
  14. Gregor

Driving to Germany

Wasn't sure if breathalysers are required ; I know it was temporary law in France for a while but cancelled a while back. Won't do any harm to carry them though. Interestingly the high-viz vest must be "to hand" ; so for example in your door pocket, over the back of your seat. It's no use...
  15. Gregor

Driving to Germany

This is probably the clearest explanation "from O to O" in terms of time range. Austria specifically states Nov to mid-April, whereas Germany simply uses the conditions, but suggest October to Easter as a guide. And while legally M+S will suffice, the three-peak mountain seal is also advised...
  16. Gregor

Sound Actuator for 1.4?

Maybe have a look at Kufatec ; https://www.sound-booster.com/en/sound.html Appears to be a retrofit based on the Audi A6 ActiveSound option (basically an noise generator that is welded into the exhausted) ; but I noticed they also have an actuator as well to do what the Golf GTD / earlier...
  17. Gregor

SEAT DriveApp & Android Auto

Play Store won't let you search for apps that aren't applicable to your devices ; however you can reach them via direct links: SEAT Drive App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seat.connectedcar.aa.driveapp Accompanying bridging app (allows AA to speak to your vehicle)...
  18. Gregor

SEAT DriveApp & Android Auto

Not for me. When I attempt to install it says "No valid devices" for me due to the device's country. Note ; the version is June 30, 2017 so any alterations would be service-side (e.g. controlled by SEAT). If anyone wants to try this by sideloading the APKs linked earlier in this thread...
  19. Gregor

Best tyres to reduce road noise?

Fitted Sailun Atrezzo Z4 all season tyres to my wife's Leon FR184 to replace the factory-fitted ones. Went from noisy, rumbling tram-lining to quiet (as quiet as a 225/40/18s can really be), fun and confident. Most of our driving is on wet Scottish A and B roads, so it's made a definitely...
  20. Gregor

Western SEAT, Edinburgh

I just had my Alhambra serviced at Lawries in St Boswells. Alarmingly, they couldn't fit me in for a month because they were so busy, but I explained I was heading over to France, so they shoe-horned me in at the last minute - which was nice. Previously I was using Rutherfords in Earlston...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members