Search results

1. basstard

Head unit recommendations

IDK mate, I still have to buy the HU itself [money has to go into some bodywork repair before that]. As said, you could try the faceilft fascia and see if that fits the pre faceilft console.
  2. basstard

Xenon out

I'd put my money on the ballast unit then. If you need to remove the headlamp then yes, you need to take the bumper off, but *maybe* you can manage to take out the ballast without removing the headlamp?
  3. basstard

Thanx a lot buddy! About the fascia, thing is you have a facelift mk2 while I have the pre-facelift. The fascia I have has a bevel towards the center... will have to see if that clears the HU or not. In case it doesn't, I might try the facelift fascia to see if it fits...
  4. basstard

[resurrection time] Hey Matt, I'm very interested to something like that. Some questions: -do you need an additional DIN cage or is it just a matter of taking the old HU out and fit the new one? -did you use the standard fascia? -is the canbus box a separate box I need to check is...
  5. basstard

SEAT Leon Cupra laps Nurburgring in record time for FWD - 7mins 58.4 secs

Sorry to dig this up, just learned about the record smashing. The Megane RS 265 Trophy was one beast of a car and the Cupra just took TEN seconds off of its Nur time... that's one heck of a lot! Can someone confirm it is exactly the same circuit? Cos I'm under the impression the track changes...
  6. basstard

Tutorial : Fitting s3 Intercooler

And here's the relative photo album, just in case... https://picasaweb.google.com/100069689019790391518/PhotosMontageEchangeur#
  7. basstard

Tutorial : Fitting s3 Intercooler

Here, save it while you can: http://web.archive.org/web/20080227235157/http://leon2passion.com/tutorials-leon-2-f24/montage-d-un-echangeur-s3-sur-nos-leon-t2810.htm
  8. basstard

Project Bi-xenon retro fit *Now with installed pics*

I followed this guide [you need to be logged in to see it]. Actually this is just the 2nd part of the guide but it's the one you'll need for coding. Anyway, there's also a link to the 1st part on the top of the page. As you can see, there's a part also for the 2010 and onwards ECUs. You...
  9. basstard

Project Bi-xenon retro fit *Now with installed pics*

I have OEM xenons on my 2007. I coded them via VAG-Com because they were flicking A LOT without coding. I think that could have damaged them. I still gotta get my lazy ass off of the chair and pull the two wires from the adapters to the CECM, but I got normal halogens when I flash, both when...
  10. basstard

How to change your headlamps to xenon

if the adapter is done properly, the halogen should work no problem straight away...
  11. basstard

It's the one for the xenon high beam [if your headlamps are bixenons]. Goes inside the cabin to the relay assembly. Check the link I posted in post #52, it's all written there. That said, I don't have that connected [seriously can't be arsed...] and I got the normal halogen high beam working...
  12. basstard

how did you connect the headlamps? using an adapter or swapping the pins between the plulgs or what?
  13. basstard

Have you re-coded via VAG-Com to tell the ECU you have xenons on?
  14. basstard

DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

You gotta be kiddin' buddy! :happy:
  15. basstard

ASV work over

...and then it would be time for a new clutch.
  16. basstard

ASV work over

LOL mate you still haven't told us which car you got!! On the little ibiza the clutch will last more since the car is much lighter. Mine did 183k with a chip and I ragged the shite out of the car almost every day. Should be still on the stock clutch and the guy who has it now has put a...
  17. basstard

Red Cupra GT2871R

It's a shame people break these cars... one day we'll look at the pics and think we've been arseholes when we sold/broke them :D
  18. basstard

ASV work over

Definitely yes if you're still on the stock VNT-15.
  19. basstard

ASV work over

the higher the IAT, the higher the EGT and thus the oil going thru the turbo. At least that's how I get it. Or maybe I just needed a decent oil cooler on the beeza :D Anyhow, the IC on the ASV ibiza is ridicously small and I'd change it for a bigger one in case of setups involving more than a...
  20. basstard

As I see the images showing the ecu coding are no longer online, here's another guide [it's for a jetta, but you get the idea...] http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/f15/hid-retrofit-mk5-jetta-part-2-a-3028/ you need to have an account, but it's worth it.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise