Search results

1. r30lac

Car Wobble/Shake

you could check the wheels are balanced I know this happened to a friend he lost one of the weights.. Might be worth a look.
  2. r30lac

Best Petrol for Leon FR 2.0 TFSI?

Wish I could find it that much, tend to pay about 103 for 95 and 112 for v power. There isn't a tesco filling station near or on route to anywhere I go.
  3. r30lac

Best Petrol for Leon FR 2.0 TFSI?

its back to the old question...Can you justify the extra 10P or so a litre?? I always used v power but then have used 95ron stuff a few times and didn't notice a great deal difference in MPG, performance there was a difference but not significant.
  4. r30lac

Tips to increase MPG ?

Does this include the wife and kids! I tend to get about 24-25MPG but then have seen 30+ on the A1 at 60MPH and locally driving it steady when I found a nail in the tyre. I don't advise putting a nail in the tyres to get better MPG though:ban:
  5. r30lac

FR to Cupra

Hi FM, I know what you mean and i have probably answered my own question. I like the R32 but the 5 door models I have seen have been about £25+ so thats a bit out of my range. as I am deffinatley not rich!;) I have always changed cars for different makes/models so they have always been...
  6. r30lac

FR to Cupra

Cheers mate I would get red again too. Looks good in the Sun
  7. r30lac

FR to Cupra

Well I have had my FR for just over a year now and still can't stop smiling when I drive it.....BUT I am being pulled towards the idea of a new Cupra.:whistle: I have spoken to the dealer and of course he wants to sell me one so can think of a few reasons why it would be better, but is there...
  8. r30lac

Choosing Tyres

Lets hope I dont turn into Grommit!
  9. r30lac

Choosing Tyres

Well I have got them on and they look the business and have a much better rim protector that the P Zero's. Will have to see what they bed in like.
  10. r30lac

Choosing Tyres

Ended up going with the Goodyear eagle f1 gsd3's for £89 each. I know they have been replaced with the asymmetric's but alot of people on here seem to like them. thanks for all the recommendations.
  11. r30lac

07 Cupra

well the price went back up this weekend to £16495 Think they may be ripping the urine slightly with the prices.
  12. r30lac

07 Cupra

Not had chance the misses has the car so it will have to over the weekend. do you live near Leeds, just wondered if our cars had crossed?
  13. r30lac

Choosing Tyres

I am glad to hear they have a good rim protector, I think thats the main thing for me. To be honest am I really going to notice a massive difference in performance being an desk jockey! Seen some Goodyears on my friends ST they have a good rim protector on as well. :confused:
  14. r30lac

Cheap tyres,brand snobbery ?

I know what you mean because I went to the local tyre place who I trust and they had some kumho tyres that looked OK. But because I didn't know what they were I wasn't interrested. I think they problem is the unknown, if you had them before and knew what they were like then your opinion may...
  15. r30lac

07 Cupra

Thats what make me a little scepticle, it seems too cheap. (If anything can be too cheap) Might have to go take a look
  16. r30lac

07 Cupra

standard as far as the website goes.
  17. r30lac

07 Cupra

A local dealer has a black 07 cupra sat on his forecourt for £15900, according to their site it has done about 12K I have driven past this several times and am seriously swapping my FR. The price has already dropped about £1000 as it's been sat there a few weeks. What do you guys think...
  18. r30lac

Choosing Tyres

just seen the GSD3's on offer are they worth a punt being slightly older tyres?
  19. r30lac

Choosing Tyres

I kind of got that feeling from reading some of the other threads. I would probably have gone with the P Zero's that are on now if they had a decent rim protector as I can't fault them.
  20. r30lac

Choosing Tyres

Thanks mate, been there and to camskill have you used either of them?