Search results

1. Airbag Light on - Igniter Fault

It has a number on the side which matches up to the airbag control module - I spent ages looking for one with same number but luckily one from same engine coded car worked - if that makes sense.
  2. Airbag Light on - Igniter Fault

If it is the side impact sensor, easy to change - lift up the carpet in the footwell - it's held in with two Allen key bolts - unplug and plug replacement in, clear fault code. Make sure you keep battery disconnected whilst working on it. If you get a second Hand sensor it will have to be from...
  3. Some advice please...!

May aswell get it sorted widen your market of potential buyers
  4. Some advice please...!

Is there likely to be any other surprises on the MOT if you put it through? It's going to be worth more with an MOT. I am in same situation my LC is gathering dust but just doing an odd repair here or there so I can get an MOT on it to enable a sale - don't want to get rid of it however it's...
  5. First car, which leon to get?

If I was you I'd go with the cupra. I'd hold off on mods until you build up some no claims bonus as it will increase your insurance. The insurance quotes are already pretty much the whole value of the car. Have a play around with some options for some reason my renewal was cheaper to park car...
  6. Airbag Light

Did that a while ago ;)
  7. R32 air intake upgrade

Hi sorry not been on the forum much for a while as have SORN my Leon and using my other cars more, don't think I did ever take any pics - looks very similar to the pics at the start from the vw forum. I still don't have vagcom or similar so can't provide concrete evidence just the same opinion...
  8. Airbag Light

Going back a fair few years to one of my original threads on here however to update I have just fixed the problem. Lived with it for a few years then change in MOT legislation and my cupra being SORN meant I didn't do anything with it. However now fixing it up again, and decided to tackle the...
  9. How do LCR's hold up on track days?

There is part of me which is considering making my LC a track toy aswell currently SORN and sat in my garage. What sort of ££ would it take to complete basic mods mentioned to make it track ready ?
  10. To MOT or not to MOT

Yep not mapped and stock exhaust and the older bumpers. Matt very good point hadn't thought about a test drive. I think getting an MOT on it is the right thing to do, and you guys are right allways way more attractive to buyers. It's hard to put a value on a car when it has a lot of...
  11. To MOT or not to MOT

Bouncerbeater what would you put a value on it as? Spec as per my signature? I'm guessing the car is worth as much as anyone is willing to pay but I don't have an idea of what they are going for these days.
  12. To MOT or not to MOT

Sounds good thank you
  13. To MOT or not to MOT

Thanks, it has been regularly serviced by myself so probably better quality care taken than a dealer. I think it's around 110k miles but then I haven't driven it recently so can't remember exactly. Sounds like there still could be money made after gettin it through the MOT. If only I had the...
  14. To MOT or not to MOT

Any ideas on a good asking price (ball park)?
  15. To MOT or not to MOT

That's true, what do you reckon the difference in price would be?
  16. To MOT or not to MOT

It has come the time where I may finally have to say goodbye to my 2001 180 Cupra. For no other reason except that I currently have too many cars and could do with the garage space. :( Currently the car is garaged, SORN and has no MOT. I am wondering whether it would be worth me...
  17. Replacement sill - corrosion MOT failure help!

Ah ok cheers ill let you know how I get on/ and seal if I need to come cut it off yours ill give you a shout thanks for the offer
  18. Replacement sill - corrosion MOT failure help!

That might be quite a good idea
  19. Replacement sill - corrosion MOT failure help!

:( they do one for a golf of the same age but they don't know if it will fit?
  20. Replacement sill - corrosion MOT failure help!

Tryed hadrains panels ŵill try some body shops also
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.