Search results

1. To MOT or not to MOT

It has come the time where I may finally have to say goodbye to my 2001 180 Cupra. For no other reason except that I currently have too many cars and could do with the garage space. :( Currently the car is garaged, SORN and has no MOT. I am wondering whether it would be worth me...
  2. Replacement sill - corrosion MOT failure help!

My 2001 cupra has recently failed its mot on amongst other things excessive corrosion on the near side sill. It would appear that once upon a time a garage has jacked it up on the sill damaged it and now rust has taken over leaving quite a big area that needs replacing. :( instead of...
  3. Alpine HU and a flat battery

HI, I have an alpine HU CDE-982RI and a mark 1 Leon cupra. I've done a search but still cant find out whats wrong...it seems I have to make a choice between having radio memory or having a flat battery. Can someone clarify how to wire this up correctly it really is doing my head in! If...
  4. overcooling

Hi, done a search but can't seem to find the answer to this, I have an overcooling problem with my 2001 LC with AUQ engine code. It sometimes gets up to temperature and other times it doesn't, it was most noticible tonight when i was on an empty dual carrigeway and it was barely reading above...
  5. Running cold and flat battery related?

Hi I appear to have 2 issues with my LC 180 on AUQ engine code. I have noticed recently that sometimes, it is not getting up to normal operating engine temperature. It normally shows 90 on the temp guage approx half way, however sometimes its showing only a quarter way up the gauge even...
  6. What to do when you can't get your locking wheel bolts off!

As the title suggests....this is a very annoying problem...especialy if some monkey of a tire fitter has rounded off your locking wheel bolts off. Which is exactly the problem I found myself with today. But as it may happen to other people in the future....here is what I did to fix it. As...
  7. hot rear wheel problem

hi everyone, I have a problem my passenger side rear wheel gets hot every now and again...hotter than the other wheels. I have previously thought that this has been caused by a sticky brake piston, however when i've had a look it seems fine, and dont think i've got excessive pad wear or...
  8. paintwork question

Hey guys, does anyone on here work as a panel beater/work in a spray shop? or had their leon sprayed recently? I've got loads of stone chips on my bonnet, front bumper, front wings on my Leon cupra and wanted to know firstly whether its a body shop job, or whether it can be done by one of...
  9. Help with fault please

Hi everyone, I have spent about 2 days reading on here and other forums about the infamous N249 valve. Basciallt what happened was the EML came on and I got the car scanned by a local garage. This fault code came up 17608 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Mechanical Malfunction...
  10. R32 air intake upgrade

Hi smoothed my airbox ages ago, bought a green panel filter and was thinking about increasing the air intake ordered some ducting however then noticed someone on here made reference to an R32 DSG intake. Googled it and came up with this thread on UKmkiv's...
  11. rear brake burning smell possibly binding?

Exactly as the title says, I have recently noticed a burning/hot smell comeing from the rear nearside brakes, and sometimes the car feels like it is being held back a bit. My car is a 2001 cupra AUQ engine code with standard brakes. New pads are on the back and the discs are about a year...
  12. Windscreen Questions

Hi, been out to my car this morning and found a 8inch long crack running down from the top of windscreen and then 6 inchs over to the left :cry: I've got no idea what caused it!? Getting the windscreen replaced tomorrow morning, however just need to know a couple things: 1) Is there any...
  13. options gearbox

My gearbox seems to be broken internally....so I'm in a dilemma: Option 1 pay a garage to strip it down and replace whatever is broken. Option 2 buy a recon gearbox and do a straight exchange. Option 3 get my gearbox taken off and sent somewhere to be reconned. Also whilst the box is off...
  14. Gear selector fork broken?

Hi its been a while since I've been on here, however I am in now need of help and advise from the seatcurpa.net family. Basically I was driving home from work today stopped at a roundabout...slected first and went to pull away....i got nothing the car just revved like it was in nuetral...i...
  15. really worried about fuel consumption

Ive been doing a search but not really found what im looking for....theres loadsa threads discussin what people get MPG wise but mine seems to be mega low and I cant think why! Basically Ive got a 2001 LC 180 petrol done approx 75k. the full tank before my last full tank of 55 litres I got...
  16. Spark Plugs and Coil packs

Hi after doing some research on here I thought i'd treat my car to a new set of Spark plugs so thought i'd go with the NGK PFR6Q which most people reccomend and they come standard on the car? It's what I thought I had on the car aswell as I had the plugs changed last time, when the car was in...
  17. Car starting rough..cough splutter die

Hey guys, need some help! car was feeling a little rough and sluggish yesterday and then his morning went to start it and all im getting after about 30 seconds is idle dropping and the car coughs n splutters before almost cutting out (I switch it off before it cuts out). There are no warning...
  18. MOT today

hey everyone, got my MOT today,given the car a quick once over and everything should be ok touch wood! however is there any random thing mk1 LC's tend to fail on? Brakes are all new this year, tyres are good, all lights,wipers and the horn is working only thing I can't check is...
  19. lights dimming

Ive had a small problem on my mk 1 LC pretty much since I had it, but will shortly be having more free time on my hands and mite get around to fixing it! Basically when you have the headlights on and u operate something like the electric windows they dim slightly. I dont think it's the...
  20. Car Tax ---Leon Cupra

Just got my car tax renewal through and its at £205 for a year! I though "hang on a minute that can't be right" so called up the DVLA and found out that my leon cupra is in the 2nd highest banding for car tax based on CO2 emmisions! surely that can't be right!? It really f*cks me off, as I...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.