Search results

1. Perforation/Corrosion Warranty - wheel arch bubbled

A couple of years ago I got two new wings replaced on my 56 plate Seat Ibiza. I didn't have a SEAt service history. It was a bit of a struggle but worth it in the end. SEAT told me to get a paint vehicle inspection (£150) and promised to reimburse me for the inspection if the inspection was...
  2. EGR help with TDI PD130 FR

Many thanks for the offer Badger. I did order a new egr valve and I'm pleased to say it solved the problem. I cleared the fault and it hasn't come back.
  3. EGR help with TDI PD130 FR

Is it easy to map out (apologies if I should have searched first) ?
  4. EGR help with TDI PD130 FR

Thanks again Dan FR. I know the EGR valve is not jammed as I managed to push it open when I cleaned it, though it is pretty heavily sprung. As you suggested I removed the boost pipe and so I could see the valve seat, I also removed the bit with the butterfly flap that bolts in front of the egr...
  5. EGR help with TDI PD130 FR

Thanks, but if the solenoid or the valve have failed then even changing the gasket won't help will it?
  6. EGR help with TDI PD130 FR

My engine warning light came on the other day. Stuck my diagnostic cable on and got 'P0401 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected'. There are no other symptoms or problems; it idles smoothly and power seems fine too. It's a 2006 PD130 FR (BLT) with 120k on the clock, and it has...
  7. brakes still driving me mad after service

Have you tried Camberley Service Centre - may not be too far from you. I have found them 'reliably good', and they are Skoda and Seat approved so they have all the kit and can do warranty repairs.
  8. Binding brake caliper

Ta muchly - you guys, with the invaluable help of the BriSkoda lads of course, have just saved me from buying a new rear caliper for my FR TDi :) I wonder if 'sticking rear brake caliper" should be a sticky, with a link to the BriSkoda thread ?
  9. HU wiring diagram

You can download the service manual for the Seat Alana radio from here - http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/3836/Grundig_GHM9100.htm It has all the connector details in it. Incidentally this site and the ones it links to might be interesting if you want to know a bit about the CD...
  10. Cure for gear stick rattle on TDI 6 speed box

Yeh, I was told by Wiltshires to let it settle down and see if it goes away. But they seemed suprised when I said I wanted to enjoy the car while it was new. Maybe I'm just too Grumpy :)
  11. Cure for gear stick rattle on TDI 6 speed box

Hi, I have a TDI FR and had a really irritating rattle from my gear lever since new. It happens in neutral with the engine idling and just moving the gear lever a tad would stop it. But the gear stick always seemed to end up in the noisy position. Reading other posts it seemed like this...
  12. Trip Computer Accuracy?

Hey, thats very interesting. I would be really suprised if it was any different on the Ibiza's ECU. In which case when Seat told me there is no way of adjusting it then they were probably being conservative with the truth. My average MPG on this tank is a bit more reasonable - according to...
  13. Trip Computer Accuracy?

Yep, just before I fill up I read the long term avg. mileage and mpg then reset it after the fill-up. I'm currently arguing with Seat as to how to get it fixed. Its clearly not the end of the world that it gives a completely wrong reading, but thats not the point. I paid for it and I expect...
  14. Trip Computer Accuracy?

Had an Ibiza FR TDi for nearly three months now and love it. Its great to drive and according to the trip computer I get around 58 MPG. I've measured the fuel consumption myself and find that the trip computer is about 20% high and that I'm actually getting about 48 MPG. The dealer tells...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members